Miami Hurricanes 2024 Roster Composition

GojiraCane

All ACC
Below is the current projected 2024 roster, barring players going to the NFL, transfer portal, commitments, or decommitments.

Committed 2024 players are in orange.

.900 plus (247) current players listed in green.

1714525815212.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Deen, Ragone, Cloyd, Shelton, Chris Washington, and Chantz Williams all gone.

All walked on senior night. I think Williams and Cloyd could return and have another year but don’t expect it.
Updated. I've left Williams and Cloyd on for now.

Thanks!

Advertisement
Excluding the 24 class and the guys from 23 who we haven't seen (but at least the players in 24 and 23 meet a standard and their selection wasnt out of desperation), the most positive development of this roster composition post is the small number of guys who you can definitively say aren't "Miami guys". The personnel is starting to look (eye test) physically how we understand a Miami team should look (recruiting numbers and stars be damned).

I’d add Cyrus moss is likely transferring out
Im obviously giving Mario a pass on that '22 class considering we likely finish outside the top 40 but for him, however looking back its a lil rough right now.

Players in order of ranking:
Cyrus-likely transfer, no impact here
Kelly- looks the part but injuries got him this year
Skinner - who tf knows, solid last year, nothing this year, maybe on transfer watch anyone know whats up with him? Been quiet but always seems engaged on the sidelines....
Graves - gone, no impact
Citizen - hurt no impact, hope he sticks it out
Khamauri - gone no impact
Bissanthe - solid
Markeith - 2024 needs to be his year or special teamer tag for him
Jaccuri brown - likely gone after some inside the building thought he was the next vince young last year
Horton - solid
J harris - see this year
McCoy- outplaying ranking but cant crack rotation, holding out hope
Moten - hopefully '24 is his year
Colbie young - solid
Cooper - very good.

Then the transfer portal kind of same thing, he brought in I feel guys that just knew his system even if they wouldnt play but even there Ladson, Moultrie, Logan, Agude, Denis, Caleb Johnson, DJax all didnt really pan out. Im all for constantly upgrading the roster but it was surprising that the bottom of the '22 class is outperforming the top.

Im obviously giving Mario a pass on that '22 class considering we likely finish outside the top 40 but for him, however looking back its a lil rough right now.

Players in order of ranking:
Cyrus-likely transfer, no impact here
Kelly- looks the part but injuries got him this year
Skinner - who tf knows, solid last year, nothing this year, maybe on transfer watch anyone know whats up with him? Been quiet but always seems engaged on the sidelines....
Graves - gone, no impact
Citizen - hurt no impact, hope he sticks it out
Khamauri - gone no impact
Bissanthe - solid
Markeith - 2024 needs to be his year or special teamer tag for him
Jaccuri brown - likely gone after some inside the building thought he was the next vince young last year
Horton - solid
J harris - see this year
McCoy- outplaying ranking but cant crack rotation, holding out hope
Moten - hopefully '24 is his year
Colbie young - solid
Cooper - very good.

Then the transfer portal kind of same thing, he brought in I feel guys that just knew his system even if they wouldnt play but even there Ladson, Moultrie, Logan, Agude, Denis, Caleb Johnson, DJax all didnt really pan out. Im all for constantly upgrading the roster but it was surprising that the bottom of the '22 class is outperforming the top.
Tough ask for that first class. Lot of it was about keeping it in tact. I think Kelly can be special once he’s healthy.

Two guys that were all Mario were McCoy and Cooper. I’d argue McCoy is really solid and gave us meaningful snaps all season. I’m a Cooper fan too

Advertisement
Tough ask for that first class. Lot of it was about keeping it in tact. I think Kelly can be special once he’s healthy.

Two guys that were all Mario were McCoy and Cooper. I’d argue McCoy is really solid and gave us meaningful snaps all season. I’m a Cooper fan too
I am too which is why I said I was giving him a pass and he obviously hit on the lower end evals so these were not your traditional Tyric Martin or Tre Johnson last minute takes. I was moreso surprised the top 5-6 from the class didnt pan out (sans Kelly which I agree I think he can be a good one)

Advertisement
Below is the current projected 2024 roster, barring players going to the NFL, transfer portal, commitments, or decommitments.

Committed 2024 players are in orange.

.900 plus (247) current players listed in green.

View attachment 268506
View attachment 268507

Always appreciate when u do this brotha; don’t think u get the love and adulation u deserve for keeping this tight. It’s a great visual to see our roster composition of talent.

HC coming in usually is a patch work class that’s gets passed by with the following class. I never count classes like that. For me this cycle is the second class.

Advertisement
So seeing 92.. If you want 8 in the portal you are going to have to process 15! on that list (assuming you dont get another 2024 commit). Sucks for the kids. more than 8 you might be processing near 20! 19 OL is a ton. Easy to say "you can never have enough blah blah..." the 85 limit is a ceiling.

McCoy the OL was a low ranked kid coming out (I think like 700+) so for a RS F he is outplaying his ranking but aside from some goalline work when we have a 6th OL he was not overtaking Rivers/Cohen/Lee/Cooper/Francis spot so he cant break into the starting 5. If Rivers slides to LG and Samson or Bell take over LT where does he fit? If he does not crack the rotation of OL this year then it puts him in a tough spot.

Advertisement
Back