Miami Hurricanes 2024 Roster Composition

Advertisement
@GojiraCane gentle bump. Would love an update. +special request to add total counts in each column and grand total somewhere, since you're doing this in Excel.

From the roster here seems we have
44 players on Offense and 44 on defense + Punter and Kicker(s) if Borregales goes to the draft we have 90 schollys rn if he comes back it would be 91.

Most likely transfers still on roster imo is as follows:
Offense: 5 total-Redding, Jacurri, Jon Denis, Sagapolu and Zion.
Defense: 3 total- Balom, and Chase Smith, Devonte Brown

Leaves us with 82-83 schollys if those players get pushed out and one will be used for the starting QB. Numbers are tight but we are sitting pretty good. Very young team with a mix of veterans.

Advertisement
44 players on Offense and 44 on defense + Punter and Kicker(s) if Borregales goes to the draft we have 90 schollys rn if he comes back it would be 91.

Leaves us with 82-83 schollys if those players get pushed out and one will be used for the starting QB. Numbers are tight but we are sitting pretty good. Very young team with a mix of veterans.
What’s fascinating (and nice to see) is that in five position groups, 2024 signees are the highest ranked players in these positions. Mario did something similar last year too.

What’s fascinating (and nice to see) is that in five position groups, 2024 signees are the highest ranked players in these positions. Mario did something similar last year too.

@SaiyaMan305

Re the math, my understanding is that we are at 65, plus roughly 30 new additions, so we should theoretically be at around 95 right now.

Advertisement
I count 44 on offfense and 44 on defense. Borrgales and Joyce + the recruit kicker would be 91

Edit: Borroughs isnt included here so add one more. 92

Long snappers get a scholly too, no? So 93.

I bet we add 5-7 more out of portal and HS, so need 13-15 in attrition.

If Jacuri leaves we need a second portal QB. Probably need one regardless unless he balls out in the bowl game and we’re comfortable betting the season on him and Williams if Ward goes down.

I’d be bummed if Chase Smith transfers out now after finally getting healthy and seeing some action at the end of the season. But it would t surprise me. All the other names make sense.

Now go find 5-7 more guys, because that’s how manny we need to get back to 85 after adding the guys we want to from the portal (and maybe another HSer or two).

Advertisement
A lot of our “depth” are blue chippers. Some starting but mixed with transfers and some players actually outperforming their recruiting rankings. Day and night compared to 10 years ago. We need to focus on QB, DB’s and more blue chip OL for 25’. The roster is getting very close.

We always hope the guys transferring are guys from your list which would be great to make room but it don't always work that way sometimes it's someone that hurts a la Young or Smith or Damari or worse,.

Advertisement
A lot of our “depth” are blue chippers. Some starting but mixed with transfers and some players actually outperforming their recruiting rankings. Day and night compared to 10 years ago. We need to focus on QB, DB’s and more blue chip OL for 25’. The roster is getting very close.

Day and night compared to 2 years ago, heck even one year ago after Cohen and Lee transferred in, which got the ball rolling. This roster is only missing the QB1, WR1 and a reliable DB group to make a run. We don’t have UGA or Bama talent yet but we’re definitely Top 10 once Mario gets his portal targets. There won’t be a team on our 2024 schedule we should be underdogs against.

Great work @GojiraCane for putting the roster comp together. I don't see Clark (portal transfers)

I believe Denis and Cloyd are out. Confirm? Still a head scratcher we took Russell. He's our lowest rated defensive recruit on a 'ship.
Is McCormick and Z. Nelson still eligible?
Are Freeney, Shelton (PWO?), and Cristobal on 'ships?

The numbers will work itself out. Always do. I could see Sagapolu, Kirk, Redding, one of the RB's, one of the DT's, and Balom come to mind.

Great work @GojiraCane for putting the roster comp together. I don't see Clark (portal transfers)

I believe Denis and Cloyd are out. Confirm? Still a head scratcher we took Russell. He's our lowest rated defensive recruit on a 'ship.
Is McCormick and Z. Nelson still eligible?
Are Freeney, Shelton (PWO?), and Cristobal on 'ships?

The numbers will work itself out. Always do. I could see Sagapolu, Kirk, Redding, one of the RB's, one of the DT's, and Balom come to mind.
I thought Cloyd had one more year

Advertisement
Back