Miami hit a heavy bag today...

Wiggins, Ivey and Pope should never see the field again. Jon ford, either...
If the reality of what the competition is didn't smack them in the face today, IDK when they will get it...
Did y’all see #6 out there trying to play corner? 😂😂

Advertisement
alright, it was actually fun to see the youngsters in. I'll say this, there some real talent that was brought in --- and I want to see more of them. A better staff would've found a way to do so before today

The next coach at UM will have an interesting decision on who the next QB is.

Other than that, this game wasn't even like sparring, but hitting a heavy bag. But I say from now on, these types of games should be our opener till this program improves

One last thing, Manny looked stressed, even with this blowout. LIke a guy who just had his last big meal before going to the electric chair. Thursday night vs UVa will be interesting.
Agree on Manny, the pressure is getting to him.

Advertisement
alright, it was actually fun to see the youngsters in. I'll say this, there some real talent that was brought in --- and I want to see more of them. A better staff would've found a way to do so before today
Yes. Very good to see them get time.

At first, I was upset to see all the celebrating, but I realized these guys don’t get to play so I put my pitchfork and torch away.

Other than that, this game wasn't even like sparring, but hitting a heavy bag. But I say from now on, these types of games should be our opener till this program improves

One last thing, Manny looked stressed, even with this blowout. LIke a guy who just had his last big meal before going to the electric chair. Thursday night vs UVa will be interesting.
ccsu is terrible, probably should be division 2 but he needs to start playing the young guys and TVD/Garcia are both better then King has been playing

Manny might be too loyal. That's his weakness. At this point, he can still save his job by turning around and winning the Coastal. To do that would mean benching his loyal upperclassmen or at the very least, cutting out a ton of their playing time. If they start complaining and worsening team morale, he would have to tell them to hit the portal.
That's not loyalty, that is lack of championship coaching skill. Our legacy was built on players total lack of comfort at their positions. You slack, a younger talented payer waiting on the bench to take your place.

This was how we became who we were. Every year we will recruit a new player to start in your position if you don't prove you're worthy of keeping it. Michael Irvin will tell you that. Andre Johnson will tell you that. Manny who claim to know Miami winning culture doesn't believe in this or he is just too weak to implement it. Toughness starts at the top.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Diaz should look stressed. You should have seen me walking out of Hardrock last Saturday. Stress him.

Our schedule is so friggin weak that Al Golden might make it into the ACCCG. And so might Manny. That's my nightmare.

For the first time ever I'm hoping an opponent Dabo's Miami, ideally sooner than later, so Blake has no choice but to fire Diaz on the spot. But I don't know if it's Virginia or UNC this year. Probably NC State. Anyone, please, anyone.

"A better staff would've found a way to do so before today"
100%

Advertisement
Manny might be too loyal. That's his weakness. At this point, he can still save his job by turning around and winning the Coastal. To do that would mean benching his loyal upperclassmen or at the very least, cutting out a ton of their playing time. If they start complaining and worsening team morale, he would have to tell them to hit the portal.
tbf he has many other weaknesses

Honestly this game is even more proof that Manny should be fired. We obviously have talent, particularly young talent.
I was thinking the exact same thing during the game. We were playing against a glorified high school team but the young talent on display was undeniable and stood out like a sore thumb.

This was just another example of what a clueless *** clown Diaz is. The guy has absolutely no idea how to manage a roster both from a recruiting standpoint and in terms of distributing playing time. There was literally no excuse for Cam Harris to get every carry last week with Brown and Franklin available and that is just one example.

Watching all these talented young kids play was both exciting and infuriating. Infuriating because you realize that practically none of those talented young kids would have sniffed the field against a P5 opponent. Infuriating when you realize that Diaz either has no idea how or absolutely no desire to integrate these young players into a real game so he lets them rot on the bench while he plays every marginal, mediocre 5th year junior and 6th year senior that he has.

1. There is no reason for King to play another snap here. We have two good young QBs who are the present and the future but they need reps. King will always be greatly respected for what he brought to us but the reality is that we need to move on. Nothing personal.

2. There is no reason for Cam Harris to start or get half the carries he has been getting especially with Knighton coming back for Virginia.

3. There is no reason to start Hall or Bolden at Safety. None.

4. There is no reason to have Jennings out there at all at this point. That playing time should go to develop Cave and Brooks and any other LB that is healthy.

5. There is no reason whatsoever to start DJ Ivey.

6. Brashard Smith, Jacolby George and Romello Brinson should continue to play going forward to go along with Key Smiff, Rambo and Restrepo. As far as Harley is concerned, I can take him or leave him. I need to see more Redding if he indeed deserves the PT. The larger point here is that we need to let competition sort it all out and let the top 5-6 play the majority of the snaps. The problem is that this staff doesn't seem to want to commit to the best players because it appears as if they don't want to hurt anyone feelings. So meanwhile with this " Everybody is a winner mentality" the best players are unable to establish chemistry and develop like they should because Diaz believes everyone deserves a juice box. Clean this mess up and go with your best not your oldest.

At TE we know all about Arroyo but the others kids like Brantley and Hodges need to play in these types of games so we know what we have.

As most of us have realized, Diaz is a dead man walking and it's very debatable as to whether or not he will finish out the season. Its always possible that one of Garcia or Van Dyke get hot and somehow save his job but I just cant see that happening at this point. Diaz has been exposed to such a degree that most anyone can see that he will never lead this program to anything. He is clearly in over his head. His teams lack attention to detail and basic fundamentals at a shocking level. His teams are undisciplined and are consistently unprepared on game day while the game plans on both sides of the ball reveal a level of ineptitude that is difficult to reconcile considering that Diaz is in his 3rd year. Simply put the Diaz regime cannot be salvaged. He must be relieved of his duties as soon as possible because the longer he stays on the more damage will be done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
More like WWE smash-match with a jobber.

Agreed though, nice to see the youngsters playing and making plays. All should continue get rotated in unless they prove they aren't ready to move up in weight class.

Heard the players say this was easier then tackling the donuts in practice
That’s funny. I did notice we definitely tackled better this game. I wonder how many missed tackles we had today? Maybe whatever they did differently might be effective 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Back