Miami hit a heavy bag today...

Its called playing Central Conn St...
People seem to keep forgetting that ccsu gave up 56 to se Louisiana. we beat Savannah State 77-0 and still finished 7-6 in 2018. Means nothing. People are getting false hope because the acc is a joke and honestly outside of bama and uga there are no great teams this year.

Advertisement
True story. That’s hilarious 😂 It seems as though we have had a tackling problem for the past few years even with Central Michigan, App State, FAU, and the FIUs of the world. I would LOVE to know what they did differently this week so I can know if I should have any reason for optimism or if the missed tackles issue will remain status quo because I can’t believe how bad we tackle as a team and how many missed tackles we generate.

This was a good scrimmage. Most important thing was getting game-speed time for the QBs with the WRs. Also a bit of a confidence booster for the players (and maybe the coaches).

We'll see vs UVA.

Advertisement
I’ve witnessed many *** whooping’s, in person, my entire life but CCS was very bad. I even questioned for a moment if they were on scholarship.

Last edited:
alright, it was actually fun to see the youngsters in. I'll say this, there some real talent that was brought in --- and I want to see more of them. A better staff would've found a way to do so before today

The next coach at UM will have an interesting decision on who the next QB is.

Other than that, this game wasn't even like sparring, but hitting a heavy bag. But I say from now on, these types of games should be our opener till this program improves

One last thing, Manny looked stressed, even with this blowout. LIke a guy who just had his last big meal before going to the electric chair. Thursday night vs UVa will be interesting.

I thought he was trying to look like he was in total control; no stress—"I told y'all, I've got this. Business as usual". Fake tough-guy bravado.

I wish Auburn had the young talent that Miami has AND are not using. That is all. . .

Advertisement
I’ve seen many *** whooping’s, in person, my entire life but CCS was very bad. I even questioned for a moment if they were on scholarship.

They are a Savannah State-level program, if not worse. Embarrassing that Miami would even schedule a game like this. At least stick to the Bethune-Cookmans of the sport.

Man, everyone speaking in definites about the talent for the next coach or when the next coach gets here is making me way too anxious that Diaz will slime his way into a fourth year.
No shot. We have a minimum of 3 more losses coming. I guarantee he’s fired this year & i’ll bet my account on it.

Advertisement
ccsu is terrible, probably should be division 2 but he needs to start playing the young guys and TVD/Garcia are both better then King has been playing
It's hard to tell but they both did seem to execute a more crisp game than King. Threw decent balls. I noticed that they both diagnosed the read option game pretty well when asked to do so. They aren't as obviously slippery as King, which will probably make for sacks against better teams.

Advertisement
I’ve never seen the momentum on a coach swing this way. Fans, alums, local reporters, national pundits etc already all over Manny and how we suck. Usually there are fractions. This leads me to believe Manny is done at seasons end barring a miracle run.

Manny might be too loyal. That's his weakness. At this point, he can still save his job by turning around and winning the Coastal. To do that would mean benching his loyal upperclassmen or at the very least, cutting out a ton of their playing time. If they start complaining and worsening team morale, he would have to tell them to hit the portal.
This program needs to be built on winning and culture of winning. Part of that culture is getting straight to business. I don’t care what stars you were, the best players are playing. Kids want direction and to be challenged. If you are afraid of setting that standard then you can’t build a winning culture on bravado. Manny just failed this from the jump. Oh and his defensive scheme has been exposed by teams with a pulse.

No shot. We have a minimum of 3 more losses coming. I guarantee he’s fired this year & i’ll bet my account on it.
It’s clear to us a change is needed but I have zero faith in our school’s decision makers, even when reality is smacking them upside the head. Kings injury seems like the perfect excuse to save some money.

Advertisement
Back