MiAmI hAs ThE wOrSzSt FAn bAsE

Tua as a rookie:

6-3 record, 64%, 1,814 yards (6.3 ypa), 11 TDs, 5 INTs

Bryce Young as a rookie:

2-11 record, 59%, 2,359 yards (5.3 ypa), 9 TDs, 9 INTs

Advertisement
Still Early; Trevor Lawrence stunk his first year, & so did Peyton Manning. It’s difficult for a QB who’s been blessed to play w/ all star players at the HS & College level and then have to come to a suck *** franchise at the NFL when u’re playing the best of the best. I like to give rookie QBs 3 yrs b4 labeling them; same w/ coaches; but, year 2 kinda gives an indication.
Can I go full Fraggle mode and try to find a way to insert Dan Marino in here somehow???? I know I can't make it work but I bet he could.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Carolina is a mess and no one was on the same page. idk if Bryce Young is salvageable. but he hasn't had a chance so far. its clear not everyone was on board with Bryce Young being the guy. thats never a good start to a new relationship to everyone involved.

good luck finding any true believers in Bryce Young to take this on. I guess they are going to try and go for Ben Johnson...but we'll see.

fans are boycotting tepper, and it was pouring rain

charlotte has historically been a great pro sports city
Great is a stretch. It's a transplant city so many fans have a second team.

It's the 6th straight losing season and there's no hope for the future because they traded the farm for a **** QB. The fans have given up.

Advertisement
Still Early; Trevor Lawrence stunk his first year, & so did Peyton Manning. It’s difficult for a QB who’s been blessed to play w/ all star players at the HS & College level and then have to come to a suck *** franchise at the NFL when u’re playing the best of the best. I like to give rookie QBs 3 yrs b4 labeling them; same w/ coaches; but, year 2 kinda gives an indication.
Is 12 games enough to show something, ANYTHING approaching NFL QB standard play? Cos we literally haven't seen a sliver of it.

He's the worst QB in franchise history - partly because anyone else this bad would have been benched by now, but Tepper is determined to run his boy out there every week.

Yea, they need to at least get Bryce some weapons before people start judging him too harshly…he has zero help on that team right now. If they still had Moore/McCaffrey he’d probably be doing a lot better but everyone kinda knew he was going to struggle this year with that squad.
Did they?

Cos the Panthers traded 5 premium players for Young, 'the most NFL ready QB', because they thought they could win the NFC South this year.

Is 12 games enough to show something, ANYTHING approaching NFL QB standard play? Cos we literally haven't seen a sliver of it.

He's the worst QB in franchise history - partly because anyone else this bad would have been benched by now, but Tepper is determined to run his boy out there every week.

Chris Weinke was there for a season. They've had a collection of really bad QBs there, Young isn't even close to the worst QB in franchise history.

Bryce Young was a bad pick at the time and even worse in retrospect.

He's short. He's skinny. His arm is average and his athleticism is average. Nothing he does physically is above-average for an NFL starter. They fell in love with his intangibles and ignored common sense.
Anything that stops Bama from becoming QBU I’m cool with

Advertisement
Chris Weinke was there for a season. They've had a collection of really bad QBs there, Young isn't even close to the worst QB in franchise history.
Weinke was there for four seasons and he at least had an NFL calibre arm.

Randy Fasani was worse, but he didn't start for an entire season, so he doesn't qualify.

I know u’re a Carolina fan, so this is personal for u. However, he’s a QB playing for a franchise w/ nothing.

1. You gave us ur WR1. (Thank you)
2. Your draft & FA off season was absolutely putrid compared to Houston.

So I would advise to be patient & see what next year brings. Ya’ll need some work.

Advertisement
Peyton Manning didn’t stink.

Advertisement
I mean he hired Frank Reich lmao. You really think Tepper has a clue? This is a hobby for him. He bought the team for clout. That’s why he’s so involved in draft picks. He wants to be Jerry Jones so bad.

Facts!! I seem to recall Brees really got it going on in his 3rd or maybe 4th year.
I agree. It also depends on who the OC and play caller is, along with the scheme.

Bo Nix was buns while at Auburn. Goes to Oregon and plays like an All-American 2 years in a row.

The Gaytas QB this season was buns at Wisky, but looked good this season. He wasn’t the reason why the sucked.

Same with D.J. Uiagalelei. He looked much better at Oregon State this season as a passer.

If Bryce Young gets an OC that utilizes his strengths, and runs an offense that suits him better (along with an infusion of talent), he can be a very good NFL QB. Just had the misfortune of being drafted 1st by Carolina.

Bryce Young was a bad pick at the time and even worse in retrospect.

He's short. He's skinny. His arm is average and his athleticism is average. Nothing he does physically is above-average for an NFL starter. They fell in love with his intangibles and ignored common sense.
Never thought he was “special” just on Bama. CJ was the pick. **** even Richardson looked ok for the colts but I think that’s just the HC is a QB Guru

I agree. It also depends on who the OC and play caller is, along with the scheme.

Bo Nix was buns while at Auburn. Goes to Oregon and plays like an All-American 2 years in a row.

The Gaytas QB this season was buns at Wisky, but looked good this season. He wasn’t the reason why the sucked.

Same with D.J. Uiagalelei. He looked much better at Oregon State this season as a passer.

If Bryce Young gets an OC that utilizes his strengths, and runs an offense that suits him better (along with an infusion of talent), he can be a very good NFL QB. Just had the misfortune of being drafted 1st by Carolina.

Great point about Bo Nix. He went from a bum to a top 5 QB. Bo Nix was a lot of fun to watch at Oregon

Advertisement
Back