Miami/Fsu Game Thread 1/17/24

I believe, unless something changes, this will be the first time in Coach L’s time here that a team has underperformed this bad.

His teams usually always do better than expected.

Advertisement
I believe, unless something changes, this will be the first time in Coach L’s time here that a team has underperformed this bad.

His teams usually always do better than expected.
Far and away and I’m not even sure it’s entirely his fault

This effort tonight reminds me of the Louisville game last week.

We look undisciplined, lazy on defense, getting out hustled, out worked, taking bad shots and again Ham is coaching circles around L. Did I forget anything? 😡

Unless we get it together soon, this team is not a tournament team.

Advertisement
Far and away and I’m not even sure it’s entirely his fault
It's been beaten to death on this website, but Coach L really came up short with the Team building this year. We have 6 players that should touch the court (technically including Benz) and that's because George is growing leaps and bounds. Coach L needed significantly more depth on his team and he didnt get it.

Gonna have to step it up in the second half.

This is not close to last year's team.

Advertisement
I'll have a wee bit of faith if George starts second half over the eternally cold BJoseph (5 for 29 last 4 games... oh forgot, hes mostly a "facilitator") ...and where is Watson???

play as bad as possible in 1st half in yet another game this season. Still somewhat in the game but I just don’t see any way this team strings together enough stops to come back from 10 unless we go unconscious from 3 in 2nd half (not likely with the way fsu competes on defensive end)

It’s sad FSU is playing this aggrsssive and we can’t make them pay. Take away the three and we struggle

Advertisement
First half reaction:
1705539542516.gif

It's been beaten to death on this website, but Coach L really came up short with the Team building this year. We have 6 players that should touch the court (technically including Benz) and that's because George is growing leaps and bounds. Coach L needed significantly more depth on his team and he didnt get it.
Combination of bad roster evals and players like Pack/Wooga/Omier stagnating in their development. Cleveland was a big-time addition and George was a find but they banked on further improvement from their 3 best returning players and contributions from guys like Casey and George. None of that has happened. It was also a horrendous decision to start Bensley alongside Pack given how small we are.

Advertisement
How many times have we had a rebound or a steal and given it right back because of sloppy play?

This is just going to be a frustrating season and we will finish .500 in conference and miss the tournament. Then in the off season we will try and figure out what happened. Even without Wong and Miller we shouldn’t be this bad.

Having only 1 quality bench player doesn’t help.

omier isnt an NBA level player due to size unless he just gets electric from 3. he doesn't have PJ tuckers foot speed on the perimeter to be a PJ type small 4 In the NBA either. PJ was able to go up the floor pressing Trae Young in his late 30s. omiercouldnt do that at 21.

Pack is tiny. he should get every ounce of eligibility he can from college and then apply for some random job in sales
I’m annoyed as ****, but wtf is this?

Advertisement
Back