Miami Flo's Predictions

tumblr_e7a626670e937a8694897ac378e9206d_530420d3_640.gif

Advertisement
You can’t answer the simple question I posed so you’re changing the subject.

We aren’t recruiting as well as Georgia. Judd was not my pick. Nobody ever pushed either of those arguments, so you’re arguing with the wall.

The point was that NOT A SINGLE top quarterback entering the 2024 season was a Top 10 high school quarterback who stayed with his team. They all either ranked outside the Top 10, transferred, or both. That is the reality of modern college football. It makes no sense to pay big money for a prospect type that is increasingly unlikely to succeed.
Facts

And qbs out of HS no matter how generational or high ranked aren’t guaranteed until u see it on the college field

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every year that goes by the data will lean heavy to what D money is saying. There’s already a major trend since the NIL started. Everyone knows my stance on this so I’ll refrain from the water boarding of this argument going forward. In my best Drew voice “ no more questions “.
I've seen it before. And while I respect you and your presentation, it's outdated info that's all over the place.

Look at the Portal-era examples on your list. Stetson Bennett is not a "recruited kid." He's a walk-on who went to JUCO and transferred back. Mac Jones is a three-star. We know Joe Burrow's story as a transfer.

You used JJ McCarthy as an example. The other team in the title game (Washington) was carried by a transfer. Texas started a transfer. Jalen Milroe was not a big money, Top 10 QB. The Heisman was a transfer. The previous year's Heisman was a transfer. Eight of the 11 drafted kids were transfers.

Spend money on an NFL prospect in the Portal. Recruit kids from high school with upside who don't cost a lot. It can be a mid-4 star like Carson Beck or a three-star like Brady Cook. If a five-star wants to take less money to come to your school, great. But don't get in a bidding war for a lottery ticket.

Advertisement
Every year that goes by the data will lean heavy to what D money is saying. There’s already a major trend since the NIL started. Everyone knows my stance on this so I’ll refrain from the water boarding of this argument going forward. In my best Drew voice “ no more questions “.
Yes NIL recently became a thing and its already trending that way. In a few years it will become even more skewed to transfers. Yet its not NIL that change it, its the portal and no sit out rule. If they change the rule back to where u have to sit out, it will swing back to what it was before, regardless of NIL.

Yes NIL recently became a thing and its already trending that way. In a few years it will become even more skewed to transfers. Yet its not NIL that change it, its the portal and no sit out rule. If they change the rule back to where u have to sit out, it will swing back to what it was before, regardless of NIL.
The Nil and portal go hand in hand. They both need each other. They’re one and the same. Connected by money.

Advertisement
Still hasn't been a transfer champ (Like Brandy said almost doesnt count).
I do not understand this continued line of argument from people on here, it is the definition of delusional Miami fans. We have won between 5-7 games 5 of the last 6 years under three different coaches. We are not talking about winning titles right now, we are talking about winning enough games to be relevant again.

Dante Moore is a transfer.

Nussimeir was the 13th ranked player in LSU's own recruiting class. He was also not a Top 10 QB.

Miller Moss was not a Top 10 QB and was not even the highest-rated QB in USC's recruiting class.

The point isn't "stop taking high school QBs" or "never take a blue-chip QB." It's that we should never be overpaying for them. The top of our class (i.e. the big money items) should be DL, CB and skill guys. Spend seven-figures on Cam Ward.

I get your approach toward team-building, roster-management and the QB position. However, I would tweak your argument a little and say: there are some HS QBs worth breaking the bank for, but there isn't necessarily going to be one in every recruiting class. Most years the market-place and demand drives price, which may be completely independent of actual value.

I think the approach one takes has so much to do with the HC's background and development of the QB position at a given program.

A "defensive-minded" coach could build a great team in the manner you suggest and then compete in the portal market for the best QB to complement a great defense and running game. Kirby?

vs

The "QB-guru/Offensive-minded" coach who believes in their ability to evaluate HS QB's that fit their system and is willing to spend at that level, but may not be able to build the rest of the team from cap/evaluation/recruiting standpoint and has to hit the portal for that. Lincoln?

Talent rules, but you also need the right mix of coaching and culture elevate you competitively.

Advertisement
Back