Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
Two quick hitters from last night's show:

Predictions:

1. Expects a lot of news to break this week and to do another show this week
  2. Expects news about Miami's move to a new conference to start leaking out in the next couple of weeks

IDK if these points are related or if there's two sets of breaking news coming. That being said, Baron has to decide soon if he wants in U$C or Miami Summer session 1.

Predictions:

2. Expects news about Miami's move to a new conference to start leaking out in the next couple of weeks

IDK if these points are related or if there's two sets of breaking news coming. That being said, Baron has to decide soon if he wants in U$C or Miami Summer session 1.
****. That’s great if the conference news is actually true. Need to leave this hellhole and get to one of the P2.

Predictions:

interesting about the conference .... Suddenly today a UNC trustee starts making public comments about the ACC & money, too...

Flo has been saying for quite awhile he expects some ACC news prior to the season starting....

Advertisement
Advertisement
DO NOT JOIN THE ******* BIG12.
I lnow it has to do with tv contracts, but its wild this garbage Big 12 can stay together with no Texas and OU, but ACC with its current members cant figure something out.

Their is no way that garbage football league as it currently stands should survive.

Also if I was Big 10, I would rather have Miami than FSU. FSU isnt as good of an academic school, and if Miami can show its progress on the field this season, it will be better football school moving forward. Its also not in financial mess FSU is.

I just posted in the realignment thread why joining the B12 over the B10 is horribly short sighted. If you don't get into the P2/B10, your program is effectively doomed to perpetual second tier status. The lure of more short term B12 money is fools gold (assuming it is even true). The B10 may stop adding schools and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Struggling Locked Out GIF by VVS FILMS

Last edited:
Advertisement
Their is no way that garbage football league as it currently stands should survive.

Flo was saying last night that B12 would offer some very competitive games in the short term. I have no idea what he's seeing. Without UT and OU, what's left in the B12?

To me, B12 is weaker than the ACC (as presently constituted)

Flo was saying last night that B12 would offer some very competitive games in the short term. I have no idea what he's seeing. Without UT and OU, what's left in the B12?

It is. It’s a death wish. I’m sure more money will be enticing from what the ACC offers but UM will never be a premier program again even if Mario has success on the field if you’re not in one of these P2 conferences. You have to lobby the **** out of the B1G to make sure UM goes with FSU and pray that the SEC makes Clemson an offer and UNC an offer to make sure they need another TV market.

I just posted in the realignment thread why joining the B12 over the B10 is horribly short sighted. If you don't get into the P2/B10, your program is effectively doomed to perpetual second tier status. The lure of more short term B12 money is fools gold (assuming it is even true). The B10 may stop adding schools and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Struggling Locked Out GIF by VVS FILMS
Actually your take is even more shortsighted. Take the lucrative deal, run an inferior league and make the playoff every year. I'd rather be the Gonzaga or Villanova of college football than what we've been over the past 20 years.

Advertisement

Exactly Big 10/SEC top 2. ACC far better in 2024 than Big 12.

Miami
Clemson
FSU
Louisville
N.C. State
UNC
VT

Kansas State
TCU
Utah
Oklahoma State
Baylor
West Virginia

Actually your take is even more shortsighted. Take the lucrative deal, run an inferior league and make the playoff every year. I'd rather be the Gonzaga or Villanova of college football than what we've been over the past 20 years.
and what happens if you continue to have the occasional unexpected losses and don't win the B12? Then the worst case materializes.

and what happens if you continue to have the occasional unexpected losses and don't win the B12? Then the worst case materializes.
Is it any different of an outcome than not performing in the Big 10, which will be even more difficult to navigate? We won 5 national championships as an independent and then in an 'inferior conference'.

I'm sorry, but give me the bag and the path of least resistance. Ya'll can keep yourselves up at night with your inferiority complexes.

Advertisement
Back