Miami Flo's Predictions

1. A quarter of rosters around CFB feel like they’re being screwed or one of their boys are. That’s how delusional 18-22 year olds deal with not being as good as somebody else. So this type of **** means nothing to me especially when the source is players.

2. JB is the same guy he’s been since his Fr year and it’s now year three. I also keep hearing 4.4 and how great of an athlete he is but in game doesn’t show that. He runs more horizontal than vertical. I’ve seen next to no physicality from such an imposing athlete. That’s coming from a guy who’s defended him for two years.

3. If anyone is saying JB is playing better than Reese they’re straight up lying , nobody believes that. Emory did start a little slow since he’s coming off an injury and was rusty, but has came on of late. That said the two best guys are the best two and by a mile.

4. Putting all this garbage in the streets for attention and clicks helps nobody , if these players have such an issue with Mario go to him as a group, if that doesn’t work leave. It’s pretty much that simple.

I will say it took a tad longer for the toxic locals to start their nonsense with Mario. I see the welcome has worn off.
Thank you cribby thank you

Anyone saying JB better than Reese cause one long bomb in a spring game is smoking crack

But the media always cool with real lying loser coaches who are about hashtags. The minute an earn it HC is in charge people complain lol

Advertisement

Nothing that hasn’t been circulating for some time. Not sure it’s done or not, but wouldn’t be surprising. Those deals are year to year…..

C2E926EC-6E4C-4047-9C59-9C4CBF03C2CF.jpeg

Streeter deserves his stripes for having the balls to ask a question no one else in the room would dare ask. Streeter was the players voice and that's why he is so respected by all the players/recruits in the community because he keeps it real
the problem with this analysis is that they have to keep it real with Mario, not Streeter. Streeter is a nobody and mario and company could give three ***** about streeter and The Street. the day they kow-tow to Luke, Streeter Nevin a recruit or a family, they are done.

That’s not what he said lol
He said he may not start for a 2nd straight year and miami is paying him a lot of money to just sit and may decide to spend that money elsewhere.He also said it was similar with 1 of our DEs which imo could be Wayne or Mesidor.

He said he may not start for a 2nd straight year and miami is paying him a lot of money to just sit and may decide to spend that money elsewhere.He also said it was similar with 1 of our DEs which imo could be Wayne or Mesidor.
Didn’t he start most of the spring at LG and in the spring game at LG? I’m not sure it’s an ideal spot but unless they are moving Jalen to guard or Francis to guard he’s going to have to play guard.

Advertisement
Didn’t he start most of the spring at LG and in the spring game at LG? I’m not sure it’s an ideal spot but unless they are moving Jalen to guard or Francis to guard he’s going to have to play guard.

He did, which is why I’m surprised by the comment from a few folks that have ears in the program.

I don’t believe it since, like you said, he fought and earned his way up the depth chart. He also closed the last two weeks of spring very strong.

I don’t think he’s leaving

He did, which is why I’m surprised by the comment from a few folks that have ears in the program.

I don’t believe it since, like you said, he fought and earned his way up the depth chart. He also closed the last two weeks of spring very strong.

I don’t think he’s leaving
I think it makes sense from both perspectives:

Miami - This was a borderline 5 star kid which makes him extremely expensive. He didn’t come here at a discount just because Mario loves the OL. If he’s still working his way back from injury and currently on par with the other kids, is it worth paying a max contract for a depth player?

We need to win now and Samson playing guard likely doesn’t move the needle compared to taking that money and spending it a premium starter position like RB or DB.

Samson - You came here to play tackle and were a highly coveted borderline 5 star player. You can ride it and fight for the IOL with the hopes of eventually kicking outside. But you’re not guaranteed that spot. So if you wrap up 2 seasons with limited playing time your value plummets.

Whereas now, people can look at you as the 5 star prospect that just had some bad injury luck but still has tons of potential. And you could basically be guaranteed a starting spot if you transfer.

Advertisement
I think Josh Pate said it best a couple of days ago, "It's cut season". Not only does the transfer portal provide players the chance to reassess their situation and make decisions they feel are in their best interest, the same is true for the coaches. With that said, my hope is for Samson to get on the field however and wherever he can. He's a talent that I would like to keep here.

Last edited:

Miami - This was a borderline 5 star kid which makes him extremely expensive. He didn’t come here at a discount just because Mario loves the OL. If he’s still working his way back from injury and currently on par with the other kids, is it worth paying a max contract for a depth player?

We need to win now and Samson playing guard likely doesn’t move the needle compared to taking that money and spending it a premium starter position like RB or DB.

Samson - You came here to play tackle and were a highly coveted borderline 5 star player. You can ride it and fight for the IOL with the hopes of eventually kicking outside. But you’re not guaranteed that spot. So if you wrap up 2 seasons with limited playing time your value plummets.

Whereas now, people can look at you as the 5 star prospect that just had some bad injury luck but still has tons of potential. And you could basically be guaranteed a starting spot if you transfer.

I could see this.

You almost have to take this kind of “Moneyball” approach to the portal.

Advertisement
It’s not about expensive or not it’s either u can play or you can’t. If your ranking was too high and they saw cheeks in practise they moving on, or someone starting over you and you can transfer. Happens all the time at elite recruiting schools
Absolutely but this kid hasn’t even been here a full year as he arrived in the summer and that’s not considering he got injured. By all accounts he was playing well in the spring as well. Losing this kid right now would sting, plain and simple. Now if he doesn’t show any potential this coming year, then yeah, I agree but even Bama the kangs of processing players would exercise some patience.

I’ve been pretty critical of Mario no surprise, but who gives a flying **** if Moten, Chase smith or JB leave (hypothetically). Sorry, it’s the truth. Mario doesn’t need to defend his roster decisions.

None of them have done a lick here at Miami. Good luck elsewhere and no need to be salty about it.
I have also been very critical of Mario in certain areas but in general I love what he has done with the program in terms of building it back up. I agree with you 💯.

"Shady" as in Mario is holding players accountable, and if they aren't producing then they won't play.

Mario didn't take the Miami job to play favorites. The guy wants to win a national championship - if you can help him achieve that goal then you are one of his favorites (starter, backup, locker room guy like Redding), and if you are undermining his objective then you aren't his favorite.

Why don't we ever hear about "shady" business with a guy like Redding? The guy doesn't play. The guy has been left behind by younger players. Yet, you don't hear or read about Redding's parents complaining about a **** thing. You don't hear the guy complaining on a podcast or in interviews complaining about a **** thing. Instead, the dude gets praised by Mario even though Redding won't play meaningful snaps until senior day this fall.

And receives the highest honor at UM. Redding is winning life. He knows football isn’t in his cards but making the most of his opportunity. No issues with him on the 85 with his attitude.

Advertisement
Ho
Absolutely but this kid hasn’t even been here a full year as he arrived in the summer and that’s not considering he got injured. By all accounts he was playing well in the spring as well. Losing this kid right now would sting, plain and simple. Now if he doesn’t show any potential this coming year, then yeah, I agree but even Bama the kangs of processing players would exercise some patience.
Honestly Bama would let the kid slide dead *** u know that. When Francis was playing before him I knew it was a red flag. If we do not fight for him something they saw when he got here they didn’t like. They not letting elite kids walk, uga bama and OSU do this frequently. Then most of the time the kid goes somewhere else and doesn’t do anything, that’s the majority of kids that are high rated to be let go. FSU roster is full of those high rated players who were rated too high.

Remember Francis film was against young men, SO film was against little kids. Maybe when he went up against similar comp he wasn’t as good. That’s super possible, and it will never be told to the media cause our HC ain’t going to throw him under the bus. He’s going to try and get him the best landing spot.

Not saying this is true but that’s how I have been viewing it since he got here.

Last edited:
And receives the highest honor at UM. Redding is winning life. He knows football isn’t in his cards but making the most of his opportunity. No issues with him on the 85 with his attitude.
Pretty sure I saw it posted that he was going through spring ball, graduating and then moving on?

Guys like Okunlola and Mauigoa come to Miami to be developed and make it to the league.

He’s essentially won the LG spot. So he’s on-track from a development perspective.

Is what he’s getting paid thru NIL worth it for a LG? I think so, but that is a good question about allocation of resources.

Advertisement
Back