Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
He did, which is why I’m surprised by the comment from a few folks that have ears in the program.

I don’t believe it since, like you said, he fought and earned his way up the depth chart. He also closed the last two weeks of spring very strong.

I don’t think he’s leaving
Agreed, I don’t think I would be surprised either way. I was told back in FEB he was trailing, and it was a possibility due to funds being spent. But like you said, he came on strong. I haven’t heard anything about it since them pads came on.

Advertisement
The Samson rumors were louder back in November - January when playing time in Year 2 was more questionable. Not sure why he’d leave now with a starting spot very much in his grasp after showing considerable progress, especially coming off injury.

The Samson rumors were louder back in November - January when playing time in Year 2 was more questionable. Not sure why he’d leave now with a starting spot very much in his grasp after showing considerable progress, especially coming off injury.
At minimum, he is going to be a part of the rotation. He's an OL in year 2. It makes more sense to stay than to leave.

Advertisement
³
I think it may have to do with Bell.If he keeps improving this summer the way he did this spring,he's taking 1 of the OT starting spots.If Mccoy is on the same level as Sampson,he's a lot cheaper to start at guard and it makes no sense to pay Sampson top 3-5 NIL on the team for 2 years just to be a 6th or 7th OLineman.Take his money and give it to Soloman if they think he's good enough to start day 1 in 25.

³
I think it may have to do with Bell.If he keeps improving this summer the way he did this spring,he's taking 1 of the OT starting spots.If Mccoy is on the same level as Sampson,he's a lot cheaper to start at guard and it makes no sense to pay Sampson top 3-5 NIL on the team for 2 years just to be a 6th or 7th OLineman.Take his money and give it to Soloman if they think he's good enough to start day 1 in 25.
It is money ball now!! We need a top RB maybe two, DB maybe two, and a wow WR. This isn’t Texas we don’t have oil money decisions on both sides are going to happen. Not a fan of speculation to **** of the fan base. But, I assume everyone is has agents chirping in the ear about more money..

Advertisement
Guys like Okunlola and Mauigoa come to Miami to be developed and make it to the league.

He’s essentially won the LG spot. So he’s on-track from a development perspective.

Is what he’s getting paid thru NIL worth it for a LG? I think so, but that is a good question about allocation of resources.

I think you have to look at Samson as a guard AND tackle prospect. Is he worth the $$$ as a guard? Arguable. Is he worth it as a future starting tackle? Yeah.

Yea Samson is in line to start so not sure why he'd leave
Not sure if he’s inline to start. My question would be where; Guard or OT? Our starters are set this year.

If Big #70 comes back next year, him along with Francis are starting at tackle. McCoy (if he doesn’t hit the portal) will likely be next man up. The way Mario’s recruiting, OLine will be priority.

Advertisement
Not sure if he’s inline to start. My question would be where; Guard or OT? Our starters are set this year.

If Big #70 comes back next year, him along with Francis are starting at tackle. McCoy (if he doesn’t hit the portal) will likely be next man up. The way Mario’s recruiting, OLine will be priority.

He can play both, and our starters are not set. There is an opening at LG (Sampson/Mccoy) or they can move Francis to LG and Sampson/Mcoy to RT

Ho

Honestly Bama would let the kid slide dead *** u know that. When Francis was playing before him I knew it was a red flag. If we do not fight for him something they saw when he got here they didn’t like. They not letting elite kids walk, uga bama and OSU do this frequently. Then most of the time the kid goes somewhere else and doesn’t do anything, that’s the majority of kids that are high rated to be let go. FSU roster is full of those high rated players who were rated too high.

Remember Francis film was against young men, SO film was against little kids. Maybe when he went up against similar comp he wasn’t as good. That’s super possible, and it will never be told to the media cause our HC ain’t going to throw him under the bus. He’s going to try and get him the best landing spot.

Not saying this is true but that’s how I have been viewing it since he got here.
Nah, this is really revisionist. First and foremost Bama will give kids a year, this kid arrived in the summer. Which brings me to Francis… first and foremost dont conflate this into me saying Samson is better but Francis got here in January. So Samson gets here in the summer and then gets injured end of Sept/early Oct and we are talking about cutting bait? That’s just sounds utterly nonsensical.

Nah, this is really revisionist. First and foremost Bama will give kids a year, this kid arrived in the summer. Which brings me to Francis… first and foremost dont conflate this into me saying Samson is better but Francis got here in January. So Samson gets here in the summer and then gets injured end of Sept/early Oct and we are talking about cutting bait? That’s just sounds utterly nonsensical.
That’s a fair assessment I just think if he leaves he probably a jag. But only time can tell that. He was a tackle a 5 star tackle and is at guard. And next year Bell will be the starting LT cause u can tell he can play. And FM ain’t going anywhere at that right tackle spot.

That’s a fair assessment I just think if he leaves he probably a jag. But only time can tell that. He was a tackle a 5 star tackle and is at guard. And next year Bell will be the starting LT cause u can tell he can play. And FM ain’t going anywhere at that right tackle spot.
Wasn't the concern that he didn't play good competition up in Mass?

Advertisement
Back