Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
On Miami Flos show today 4/10/2024

Couple of interesting things:

Recruiting:
-Expect 2-3 commitments in the month of April
-Coach Woddiel pulling another TE and he is committing in the next couple of days. (im Assuming this is Brock Schott)
-One of those commitments is a semi big boy (highly rated prospect) (Zion Grady maybe?)

Portal:
-One person who will leave Miami and it will sting. It is someone who flashes potential but cannot get over the hump and feels like he is not being moved up the depth chart.
-Expects Miami to go for Martinez but there are rumors that there will be 2-3 more big time RB's entering the portal as well
-Height is waiting on the green light. Miami will try and flirt with other edges if all else fails they will take Height
-Flo says Miami will land a big time name and he says he doesnt expect for it to be long before its done.
-Don't be shocked if Miami takes 2 big time guys at the same position in the portal. Said he will not tell the position. Says that this is the current plan and if it happens he will begin telling some lies. He currently has us as a 9 win team.
Earlier than I expected for the 9 win team we are ahead of scheddy (and reachable with Cam) I’m with Blue on Donno podcast he said 25 is the year we are elite and back. I said that forever that 25 is the roster in reload mode. Pause

Advertisement
As far as portal goes I have the following as possibilities.

Jacurri Brown
Robby Washington(WR room too big sees pt elsewhere)
Shemar Kirk
Jackson Carver(I don't him ever playing a big role here)
Matt McCoy(Could start elsewhere)
Tommy Kinsler(Would sting because I think he is a future stud)
Antonio Tripp
Logan Sagapolu
Ahmad Moten
Travonte Citizen
Jaden Wayne(Would sting)
Demetrius Freeney(Hasn't really impressed in a thin room.
Brian Balom
Chase Smith(Has talent but can't get over the hump)
Ray Ray Joseph(Interview notwithstanding Ny Carr could pass him up)
Bobby Washington(Sees opportunity to start immediately elsewhere) This would sting as I love his upside.
Would only care if it’s Ray Ray

Earlier than I expected for the 9 win team we are ahead of scheddy (and reachable with Cam) I’m with Blue on Donno podcast he said 25 is the year we are elite and back. I said that forever that 25 is the roster in reload mode. Pause
Only caveat being Cam. We will have to go spend big in the portal again for a QB this year because that room ain’t it

Which is fine. High school QBs are absurdly expensive these days I’d rather go for a proven commodity if I gotta choose

And I think Mario is already recruiting over Ahmad Moten so that wouldnt really sting for me. Its his 3rd year..if hes not in the two deep..thats a problem. He wasnt some 3* developmental recruit.
Moten was a 3 star on all the sites and the 80th ranked DL on the composite. Besides being from South FL how wasn’t he “some 3* developmental recruit”

Advertisement
Only caveat being Cam. We will have to go spend big in the portal again for a QB this year because that room ain’t it

Which is fine. High school QBs are absurdly expensive these days I’d rather go for a proven commodity if I gotta choose
I think Reese will take the team to the next level in 25 just cause of the talent around him

Moten was a 3 star on all the sites and the 80th ranked DL on the composite. Besides being from South FL how wasn’t he “some 3* developmental recruit”
I remember him ending up a 4* by the end of his Sr year but nevertheless. We threw a party when we stole him from OU. This wasnt like us getting Teraz McCrary in the 25th hour of NSD. Lets not change history. Again, its his 3rd year and hes not in the 2 deep...thats a problem.

I said it in another thread, we need to stop thinking that guys need 5 years before the light comes on for them. Thats why the program has not progressed. Because we are waiting 4-5 years for guys to start to being "decent to good". I am glad Mario is holding guys to a higher standard. If your not in the 2 deep by your Jr year..might be time to look elsewhere because you have been recruited over in 2 classes anyway.

I remember him ending up a 4* by the end of his Sr year but nevertheless. We threw a party when we stole him from OU. This wasnt like us getting Teraz McCrary in the 25th hour of NSD. Lets not change history. Again, its his 3rd year and hes not in the 2 deep...thats a problem.

I said it in another thread, we need to stop thinking that guys need 5 years before the light comes on for them. Thats why the program has not progressed. Because we are waiting 4-5 years for guys to start to being "decent to good". I am glad Mario is holding guys to a higher standard. If your not in the 2 deep by your Jr year..might be time to look elsewhere because you have been recruited over in 2 classes anyway.
He never ended up being a 4 star, he was a mid 3 star who didn’t start receiving big offers until November of his senior year. We offered him on 11/30, OU offered him 12/7. We battled it out with OU because it was 2 new staffs coming in trying to fill in their class at last minute. Just because we hyped him up and threw a party doesn’t mean he wasn’t a developmental prospect. **** we do that with guys ranked outside the top 1000.

Now that being said, I agree with you that he’s going into year 3 and hasn’t really shown much. If he’s not getting reps in the 2 deep it’s time for him to move on.

Advertisement
No we didn’t no need to be dramatic

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back