Miami Flo's Predictions

I meant out as in portal. Wouldn’t surprise me if kid wants change of scenery, especially if we are bringing in another 1-2 backs.
As far as portal goes I have the following as possibilities.

Jacurri Brown
Robby Washington(WR room too big sees pt elsewhere)
Shemar Kirk
Jackson Carver(I don't him ever playing a big role here)
Matt McCoy(Could start elsewhere)
Tommy Kinsler(Would sting because I think he is a future stud)
Antonio Tripp
Logan Sagapolu
Ahmad Moten
Travonte Citizen
Jaden Wayne(Would sting)
Demetrius Freeney(Hasn't really impressed in a thin room.
Brian Balom
Chase Smith(Has talent but can't get over the hump)
Ray Ray Joseph(Interview notwithstanding Ny Carr could pass him up)
Bobby Washington(Sees opportunity to start immediately elsewhere) This would sting as I love his upside.

Advertisement
Alternatively, Moten is an NIL guy for the Flo show. And Flo has a heavy bias towards him - he clearly likes the kid and has a good relationship with him. Maybe he says it will sting because of his relationship with Moten.

It's either Moten or McCoy IMO.
He said there will be multiple transfers-2- at the same position. Declined to give position because he said it will give it away.

Jacurri Brown
Shemar Kirk
Antonio Tripp
Logan Sagapolu
Ahmad Moten
Travonte Citizen
Jaden Wayne(Would sting)
Brian Balom
Bobby Washington(Sees opportunity to start immediately elsewhere) This would sting as I love his upside.
The only 4 that would sting off that list is Wayne, McCoy, Robby and Ray Ray, and of those 4 the only that really stings is Wayne because of Kelly’s departure.

2024 Recruiting Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
4/10There are multiple RBs at least as good as Martinez that will hit the portal
4/10Miami will get 3 starters in the spring portal
4/10Another big TE commit is coming
4/10Big commit likely coming this week around the spring game
4/10Two commits coming for sure in April (one is a whale)
4/10A third April commit is possible
4/10Miami's plan is to take two big time players at the same position in the portal.

4/10There are multiple RBs at least as good as Martinez that will hit the portal
4/10Miami's plan is to take two big time players at the same position in the portal.
To me going out on the limb about a second TE committing is interesting because that’s really not vague like most of the other bulletpoints here

Advertisement

Keep in mind that based on last year, Flo's definition of a whale is basically a top 100 player.

My guess as well.
My hunch is Citizen is out as well as no Fletcher for 2024 so the goal is 2 big timers at RB.

CB would be nice but I don’t think it’s likely to even land 1 portal monster there let alone 2. WR is a possibility I guess, the Ward attraction but I’ll stick to just 1 there with the emergence of Horton/JoJo/Carr.

I’d welcome 2 backs if they are DUDES because right now we are looking at …

- a COP in CJ.
- Allen, who is jag to me + injury issues.
- Lyle who isn’t on campus yet.
- CWH who is 175 pounds tops.
- Lofton, who likely wouldn’t be getting snaps there if Parrish were still here, and/or Fletcher was healthy and Citizen wasn’t coming off of a 2 year break.

But for the love of God don’t bring any more JAGS to the room. If you are going to bring 2 in, they both need to be DUDES.

Fully agree on the 2 portal RB's! Is common sense. We need quality there.

Advertisement

Jacurri Brown
Shemar Kirk
Antonio Tripp
Logan Sagapolu
Ahmad Moten
Travonte Citizen
Jaden Wayne(Would sting)
Brian Balom
Don’t see moten, Wayne, ray ray( carr is playing outside not slot), either Washington, kinsler(only a freshmen), McCoy(where is he starting at? Kid isn’t all that imo

My guess as well.
My hunch is Citizen is out as well as no Fletcher for 2024 so the goal is 2 big timers at RB.

CB would be nice but I don’t think it’s likely to even land 1 portal monster there let alone 2. WR is a possibility I guess, the Ward attraction but I’ll stick to just 1 there with the emergence of Horton/JoJo/Carr.

- a COP in CJ.
- Lofton, who likely wouldn’t be getting snaps there if Parrish were still here, and/or Fletcher was healthy and Citizen wasn’t coming off of a 2 year break.

But for the love of God don’t bring any more JAGS to the room. If you are going to bring 2 in, they both need to be DUDES.

I don't know that Citizen leaves; I still think there's commitment on both sides and i'm not sure he'd have great value in the portal. He needs to play without having to carry the load. With CJ, CWH, and Lyle on the way, Allen is the odd man out, IMHO.

I think it's more about someone to raise the ceiling & push the entire RB room toward developing that identity Mario is looking for.

We're gonna pound the rock.

If you saw the CIS interview with Ray-Ray then you would know hes not going anywhere. So cross him off.

Whoever said McCoy and Chase Smith those are pretty **** good guesses based on what Flo said. But McCoy has to see that hes a shoo-in starter in 2025 once Rivers leaves so that would be head scratching.

Chase Smith isnt a shoo-in anything because Nicholson is recruiting over him right now in a BIG TIME way. So I think that is the best guess.

Advertisement
And I think Mario is already recruiting over Ahmad Moten so that wouldnt really sting for me. Its his 3rd year..if hes not in the two deep..thats a problem. He wasnt some 3* developmental recruit.

Wayne has to stay

We already had Collins A portal out and the strength of the 2 classes is DL depth.

I think Wayne is the reason Kelly left, somewhat

I hate playing the guessing game with kids because they could have no intention of leaving, and yet we’re just putting it out there into existence.

But…in terms of someone that feels like they’ve flashed, yet not moved up the depth chart + would sting…Robby fits that mold. And they almost transferred out this offseason, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility they’re flirting with it again. Especially with JoJo and Carr here now. And if you lose Robby, you’re probably losing Bobby.

I guess Moten would too, I just don’t think he’s done enough to flash.

In terms of taking two studs at the same position, I’m thinking DT or RB. But I’m not as confident in it being RB, because if you bring in a Damien Martinez at RB and pay a hefty price tag, why in the world would you bring in another dude with a similar price tag to sit behind him? Martinez would be a shoe-in for 18-20+ Carries, and after all…Lofton is doing well there right? I think Flo’s definition of a “stud” is off if that’s what he’s alluding to, and I’d expect a change of pace back if that were the case…not someone equal to a Martinez-esque RB.

DT makes sense because Gore and Cook sound like they don’t belong here, so that leaves you with JHH, Clark (run guy), Horton who hasn’t played, Scott + Blount TF, Moten (transfer candidate)…we’re thin there if we lose some bodies, and we’re thin there in general if someone like JHH goes down during the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only 4 that would sting off that list is Wayne, McCoy, Robby and Ray Ray, and of those 4 the only that really stings is Wayne because of Kelly’s departure.
Wayne - good player but doesn't appear to be a real difference maker. light sting
McCoy - great depth player / solid future starter. moderate sting
Robby - average. light sting
Ray Ray - good potential but apparently not quite what we expected. moderate sting

My guess as well.

- a COP in CJ.

I agree, I think Citizen hits portal. he has shown flashes but we want a portal RB. Therefore he leaves and we go after 2.

Advertisement
Back