Miami Flo's Predictions

GIF by SoRetro Straps

Advertisement
But isnt he a legacy

Maybe its Pruitt or Jones
I wouldn’t even consider Pruitt a sting. Jones would be a sting. Pickett would be a sting. We need to keep Pickett he’s got a lot of potential and his family member is a 5* DB. The only way I’d be okay with losing Jones is if we can flip Stone or Blount.

Not sure if you’re from S Fla or not but my daughter is a HS senior this year and I was surprised how many kids from down here apply there, Clemson and Bama. She was telling me every fall a bunch of kids from the private schools down here go visit Ole Miss for a game with intention of applying.

Obviously I’m not saying it’s all of them and in grand scheme of things it’s a small percentage but since she’s been in HS she knows atleast a handful of kids who went to those schools from here. When I was going through process 30 years ago you either went to a FL school, a private school or an Elite State school outside of FL so it was surprising to me.
I graduated from Miami, My wife graduated from Ole Miss and is an attorney here in Biloxi. I was just kidding about my daughter and it being easy. She made a 34 on her ACT and could pretty much pick were she wanted to go. My wife says Ole Miss gets a lot of out of state because of low tuition for out of state. Im certainly not saying it isn't easy to get in to though

I forgot one important thing in my summary last night

Portal Recruiting

Miami will have a different philosophy when it comes to portal recruiting this cycle. Staff will press hard for a commitment on the weekend/week the recruit visits. If they leave w/o committing, staff will immediately look to fill w/the next best option. The recruit might be able to commit later, but only if the position remains open.

Last year, recruits were leaving and saying let me think about it and Miami waited to long too move on.

Advertisement
People keep tying Pickett to his family member who’s a db but if he chose UCF let’s say u really think his cousin is going to UcF? Elite recruiters get kids to come to the school regardless where a family member goes.

IMO if we didn’t get Pickett it doesn’t mean we can’t land his cousin who will see this roster and go like 😳

I wouldn’t even consider Pruitt a sting. Jones would be a sting. Pickett would be a sting. We need to keep Pickett he’s got a lot of potential and his family member is a 5* DB. The only way I’d be okay with losing Jones is if we can flip Stone or Blount.
Oof

Pruitt would be a big sting imo

Jones would be devastating

Advertisement
He’s so **** violent

Really fits in with the mold of what we are bringing in at the spot with guys like BWash, Popo, Pulliam etc

Put fear back in the offense like the good old days
Perfect word to describe him. Violent.

Sort of OT but @bobbydigius brought something up last night during the SNF game regarding Pacheco and his running style. Violent, seeks contact, and wants to run through you instead of around you. And when he gets into open space, you can visibly see how hard he churns those legs. He just plays hard every snap.

We need more football players like that. This sport in essence is pure violence, especially as a linebacker. Simply put, your ultimate goal is to make the opposing player lose the ball by hitting him as hard as possible - whether that’s coming from coverage, the run game, or blitzing a QB.

And this dude is as violent as they come. There’s a reason Saban’s still sniffing around.

Last edited:
I forgot one important thing in my summary last night

Portal Recruiting

Miami will have a different philosophy when it comes to portal recruiting this cycle. Staff will press hard for a commitment on the weekend/week the recruit visits. If they leave w/o committing, staff will immediately look to fill w/the next best option. The recruit might be able to commit later, but only if the position remains open.

Last year, recruits were leaving and saying let me think about it and Miami waited to long too move on.
good

Advertisement
They sleeping on Pruitt when u told me specifically to check his tape I peeped it. I was like holy sh he can ball. Pickett was the one I was like 🫤
I like Pickett yeah but when I was looking at him at DE I thought we already had a couple of guys in the same mold in Rudolph and Lightfoot that were better

You start throwing around Stewart’s name and it’s over

Realizing they want Pickett at LB but I don’t think that’s the move personally

I like Pickett yeah but when I was looking at him at DE I thought we already had a couple of guys in the same mold in Rudolph and Lightfoot that were better

You start throwing around Stewart’s name and it’s over

Realizing they want Pickett at LB but I don’t think that’s the move personally
Man oh man that would create an earthquake immediately and every recruit would have to take notice.

Advertisement
I graduated from Miami, My wife graduated from Ole Miss and is an attorney here in Biloxi. I was just kidding about my daughter and it being easy. She made a 34 on her ACT and could pretty much pick were she wanted to go. My wife says Ole Miss gets a lot of out of state because of low tuition for out of state. Im certainly not saying it isn't easy to get in to though
Biloxi huh. Spent 8 years down there at Keesler.

Advertisement
Back