Miami (FL) SHOULD go undefeated this year

Advertisement
Over exaggeration alive and well.

Akers is said to be better than Cook and D$ is worried about Blackman.

I'm sure both teams will be ready to play in two weeks.

Did you see anything tonight to make you believe that? I sure as **** didn't.

Obviously this is only one game and game 1 at that but talk of an undefeated season is straight retarded. This team will continue to improve as the season goes on but one thing really stood out to me. Our secondary is clearly not ready for prime time especially the safeties. That was a minor concern of mine going into this year and it would appear that I overestimated the ability of the Johnson/Redwine tandem. Carter and Jenkins were on another level altogether physically and athletically than the current duo. I'm not bashing Jaquan Johnson but his ability to be a full time every down starter at safety is greatly hampered by his lack of speed which greatly limits his range. The overall lack of speed and explosive quickness and athleticism at safety will be a weakness all year. IMO Amari Carter and Derrick Smith are the only 2 in this safety group that have the natural tools to develop into UM caliber starting safeties. Carter may be ready soon and that won't be soon enough.

At corner, I'm actually not too concerned as Young, Bandy and Dean all have excellent speed in addition to natural playmaking ability. Michael Jackson played very well today and he looked like a very fundamentally sound all around corner. Dee Delaney plays the run very well but outside of that he does not seem to posses the ability to play man coverage. Delaney needs to play off the ball. I would expect to see much more of Young, Dean and Bandy going forward. Barring injury the CB group should develop into a very solid unit as the season progresses. Still those 2018 DBs can't get here fast enough! Look, I'm certainty not throwing in the towel and I get it was the first game of the season against an opponent this team had zero respect for as the effort and execution on defense attested to. Still, there are obviously areas that clearly need to be addressed.

Frankly I was disappointed that Diaz has not improved upon his disturbing propensity to give up 3rd down conversions. He is gratuitously aggressive in situations that call for a more even handed approach. Did Diaz think that nobody would watch film of last year and game plan accordingly? I was mildly concerned that our opponents would use all types of counters and misdirection to make us pay for our aggression. It appears that Diaz either thought "hey its BCC who cares about a gameplan" or he is a guy who keeps doing the same thing over and over again even after it becomes evident that everyone has caught on to what he is doing. To compound matters we gave up the edge repeatedly and left the flats wide open which speaks to a lack of being fundamentally sound which is disturbing. Again, I'm not quitting on Diaz and I get that BCC was running quick game on us and it was game 1. Just pointing out obvious areas that need clear improvement.

Also it is quite evident that Darrion Owens just can't run anymore and that makes him a huge liability. Outside the 3 starters at LB, Wilder and 3 CBs, the lack of speed in the back seven was on clear display. Again we are headed in the right direction and this was the first game but it's clear we have plenty of work to do both players and coaches.

Last edited:
No excuse to lose to FSU with a backup QB and no running game. No excuse to lose to any other opponent on what is a crap schedule.

Miami has a new starting QB this year and well the schedule can be very deceiving for example today Arkansas State gave Nebraska everything they can handle today and more losing only by 7 points and we play away for that game, @ #3 FSU is never easy and won't be this year they literally were in the game against #1 Alabama until their starting QB Frenchy went out of the game and he was playing pretty good, @ UNC Miami has struggled like **** over the years to win their, #21 VT has never been an easy game, ND has owned us over the years which is something that we will need to end for sure this year but not an easy game, @ Pitt to end the season could be cold as **** and that can take a negative toll on our players negatively also they will likely be a decent team this year still I see Miami winning this game. In conclusion I see Miami finishing with a 10-2 or 9-3 record this year which will likely wont be seen as a successful season if they don't win the ACC coastal or beat FSU and ND LOL.

Not for nothing, but Francois didn't beat us last year.

Our own offense (w a few assists from the refs) did.

More worried about us than them.

Advertisement
No excuse to lose to FSU with a backup QB and no running game. No excuse to lose to any other opponent on what is a crap schedule.

Miami has a new starting QB this year and well the schedule can be very deceiving for example today Arkansas State gave Nebraska everything they can handle today and more losing only by 7 points and we play away for that game, @ #3 FSU is never easy and won't be this year they literally were in the game against #1 Alabama until their starting QB Frenchy went out of the game and he was playing pretty good, @ UNC Miami has struggled like **** over the years to win their, #21 VT has never been an easy game, ND has owned us over the years which is something that we will need to end for sure this year but not an easy game, @ Pitt to end the season could be cold as **** and that can take a negative toll on our players negatively also they will likely be a decent team this year still I see Miami winning this game. In conclusion I see Miami finishing with a 10-2 or 9-3 record this year which will likely wont be seen as a successful season if they don't win the ACC coastal or beat FSU and ND LOL.

If we go 10-2 in the regular season, win the coastal and play in the ACCCG, nobody will complain. Let's say that scenario plays out and we lose the ACCCG but win our bowl game, that would give us a record of 11-3 and I would be ok with that. That would give us more than enough credibility in the minds of recruits and would pave the way for a strong finish in recruiting with the 2018 class and beyond.

Last edited:

That reads like a whole bunch of Shancokergoldenization. We have more talent than every one of those teams. FSU losing their starting QB is enough to move that game from lean FSU to lean Miami (FL).

Who cares what it is on paper. We should have destroyed BC, we didn't. One game at a time until we are back, which we will be. Patience

Advertisement

If we go 10-2 in the regular season, win the coastal and play in the ACCCG, nobody will complain. Let's say that scenario plays out and we lose the ACCCG but win our bowl game, that would give us a record of 11-3 and I would be ok with that. That would give us more than enough credibility in the minds of recruits and would pave the way for a strong finish in recruiting with the 2018 class and beyond.

True I hope the Canes can win the ACC this year or atleast play in the ACCCG.

There would be no excuses anyways, and I hate to say it but their running game will be fine, they are loaded with talent. It doesn't matter who the players are what the rankings are, it's Miami v fsu ANYTHING can happen.

No they arent loaded with talent. Their offense sucks.

This. There is no reason why we shouldn't outscore them in a low scoring game. Unless Dalvin Cook walks out of their locker room and Francois gets a bionic knee transplant, we should win that game. As far as I'm concerned, this season is now a failure leaving Tally with an L.
Ashamed it took Winston and Cook leaving and Francois getting hurt to have a greater chance of beating them

Advertisement
Anyone thinking we " should" go undefeated is setting themselves up for a miserable downfall cause it's highly doubtful even with this schedule.

Now " could " we? Sure.But after watching that fiasco yesterday I don't think we are close to being good enough to run the table.

Again " could " we ? Sure.

Will " we " HIGHLY doubtful.But I guess we can dream.

There would be no excuses anyways, and I hate to say it but their running game will be fine, they are loaded with talent. It doesn't matter who the players are what the rankings are, it's Miami v fsu ANYTHING can happen.

LOL. Akers is a trashcan at best. They have beaten us with their RB for the past few years.

Their defense worries me a little bit but we got this

Advertisement
I think the reason we may go undefeated this year is because I don't see many defenses that can stop all of our weapons assuming they are all healthy.

The Special teams and Defense should prove to be good enough as the season progresses too.

However, stupid penalties and TO's could hurt us in a few games.
So I still think it is more realistic that we lose a couple games, go to the ACC Title and hopefully get an Orange Bowl or other New Years 6 game.

Anything more than that would be gravy as they say.

I believed we could beat FSU before Francois went down; that hasn't changed. But, even with a backup, they should be ready.
FSU has talent at all of the skilled positions. Dumb to say otherwise.
This team absolutely CAN go undefeated, but not with the play that was exhibited yesterday.
I'm not looking for dominance, just wins.

Separately, any special reason why OP used FL to describe Miami?

Lol at this place. I know you all wish you were male cheerleaders, but unrealistic expectations based on nothing factual is an exercise in futility. Our closing angles to a tackle alone should lose us two games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back