Miami (FL) SHOULD go undefeated this year

There would be no excuses anyways, and I hate to say it but their running game will be fine, they are loaded with talent. It doesn't matter who the players are what the rankings are, it's Miami v fsu ANYTHING can happen.

No they arent loaded with talent. Their offense sucks.

It didn't look like they had a lot of star power on offense yesterday, nothing like years before (then again, they were playing Bama, so who wouldn't look vanilla against them). Their special teams are a joke, but nothing that can't be improved, at least to an adequate level, in two weeks. Their D is where their talent lies and where they return 9 starters from a year ago. Special teams and turnovers are what doomed them yesterday, not their D.

That being said, our RBs and WRs look nasty (could be most talented and deepest WR group in the country), our OL is better than a year ago, our TEs are capable, and Rozier's mobility should help him avoid sacks in the pocket. The x-factor on offense is Rozier, who is inexperienced, is still figuring out his identity, and can be streaky at times. He also has a reputation for making poor decisions, though it looks like he has turned the corner if you go by what his teammates say about him. If he could just keep the ball out of harms way, we should be good with our playmaking WRs and RBs. He doesn't need to be a star in order for us to beat FSU.

The x-factor on defense is the entire defense. I can understand our DB play regressing somewhat because of veterans leaving last year, but the front seven is supposed to be better. I have faith that they'll figure things out by September 16. This isn't an Al Golden or Randy Shannon or Elmer Fudd coached team. CMR and his coachign staff are fully aware about what's at stake and they will get this team ready!

Advertisement
In 2015, a particularly unremarkable Canes team went into Tallahassee versus an opponent that completely outmatched them.

They ended up playing an incredibly close and intense game, almost pulling off the come from behind victory.

I feel confident in saying that the team is in a much stronger state than it was back then.

FSU will end up having to rely on their rushing game considering that their back up QB will almost certainly be a liability, in other words, they will have to play directly into Miami's defensive strength.

The Canes will come out hungry and motivated, and a gimped FSU squad will not be able to keep up.

It's going to be tough dealing with their defense on the road at night. We will probably still be vegas underdogs.

Advertisement
No excuse to lose to FSU with a backup QB and no running game. No excuse to lose to any other opponent on what is a crap schedule.

Umm....aren't we playing with a backup QB as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

There would be no excuses anyways, and I hate to say it but their running game will be fine, they are loaded with talent. It doesn't matter who the players are what the rankings are, it's Miami v fsu ANYTHING can happen.

They do have very talented backs but people are gonna stack the box in every way imaginable and force the QB to beat them. I'm sure Blackmon is very talented considering he's 2nd string as a TF, but it's gonna be a long year for him and it starts in his second game against []_[]s.

No excuse to lose to FSU with a backup QB and no running game. No excuse to lose to any other opponent on what is a crap schedule.

Umm....aren't we playing with a backup QB as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, but our "back-up" has a couple years of college experience, won a game, and survived a severe physical pounding from Clemson. Malik has been tested.

Advertisement

No they arent loaded with talent. Their offense sucks.

It didn't look like they had a lot of star power on offense yesterday, nothing like years before (then again, they were playing Bama, so who wouldn't look vanilla against them). Their special teams are a joke, but nothing that can't be improved, at least to an adequate level, in two weeks. Their D is where their talent lies and where they return 9 starters from a year ago. Special teams and turnovers are what doomed them yesterday, not their D.

That being said, our RBs and WRs look nasty (could be most talented and deepest WR group in the country), our OL is better than a year ago, our TEs are capable, and Rozier's mobility should help him avoid sacks in the pocket. The x-factor on offense is Rozier, who is inexperienced, is still figuring out his identity, and can be streaky at times. He also has a reputation for making poor decisions, though it looks like he has turned the corner if you go by what his teammates say about him. If he could just keep the ball out of harms way, we should be good with our playmaking WRs and RBs. He doesn't need to be a star in order for us to beat FSU.

The x-factor on defense is the entire defense. I can understand our DB play regressing somewhat because of veterans leaving last year, but the front seven is supposed to be better. I have faith that they'll figure things out by September 16. This isn't an Al Golden or Randy Shannon or Elmer Fudd coached team. CMR and his coachign staff are fully aware about what's at stake and they will get this team ready!

If we don't turn the ball over we have a better than good chance to win the game. We need to get ahead and take their running game out of it. Make them play from behind with that QB against our D. That should be our game plan with most teams.

Did you watch the game? The first few minutes Saban goes for a first down on 4th and a yard and even though after review the upstairs booth did not over turn the call. That was a horrific call against FSU. Should have been FSU'S ball in great field position. Then right before half the refs maybe stole 7 points against FSU for a blatant pass interference that wasn't called. You make the RIGHT CALLS and the game probably would have ended in favor of FSU. I am a diehard CANES fan BUT we have a lot to improve on to beat them, with or w/o Frenchie.

I agree with most of what you said, but over the course of 4 quarters it's tough to hang with Alabama because they're so deep. I thought FSU could compete well but would need a few breaks (turnovers or special teams scores) to win. Instead it was Bama got the breaks. They will have a spirited performance and Jumbo will scheme easy throws for his QB. That defense and that team will not lay down, but neither will Malik and I think our WRs are gonna have a big day. Especially the bigs.

Advertisement
Back