Miami Finalizes 2020 Nonconference Schedule

View as article
We could go 12-1, win the ACC and maybe miss the playoffs with a schedule like this, JFC. If we go 12-1 with a loss in the ACCCG we are done in any CFP talk

Advertisement
We could go 12-1, win the ACC and maybe miss the playoffs with a schedule like this, JFC. If we go 12-1 with a loss in the ACCCG we are done in any CFP talk

we wouldnt miss the playoffs if the 12-1 comes with a win against top rated clemson. as long as the ACC is competitive, well be fine. if you go 12-0 and lose in the ACCCG against a top rated clemson team, the ACC will never get the benefit of the doubt to put two in. only clemson does w their recent history

I’d love to see Miami and every team do that. Saban had a great idea a few years ago, he said the NCAA should mandate you can’t play FCS teams if you’re in the P5, you can only play 1 G5 team, and the rest should be P5 games. But obviously nobody does that. As far as Miami, I want what you’re saying only because as a fan, I want more big games every fall. But strategically, it doesn’t make sense. Yes, the Coastal blows. But the ACC is still a big time league. If Miami wins that league, it’s almost certainly in the playoff. So what’s the advantage of playing a crazy OOC schedule? 11-1 or 10-2 with a win in Charlotte is going to get you in the playoffs 99 times out of 100, so there’s no incentive to schedule multiple P5 OOC games. Especially when no one else does either.

Most level headed response. Thank you for this.

we wouldnt miss the playoffs if the 12-1 comes with a win against top rated clemson. as long as the ACC is competitive, well be fine. if you go 12-0 and lose in the ACCCG against a top rated clemson team, the ACC will never get the benefit of the doubt to put two in. only clemson does w their recent history
I agree that if Miami wins the ACC against Clemson we are in 9 times out of 10, but what if Clemson and Miami get to the ACCCG with 2 losses? The door is wide open to the CFP put 2 SEC schools or just be left out if the B1G, BIG12 and PAC12 champions are strong

Advertisement
I agree that if Miami wins the ACC against Clemson we are in 9 times out of 10, but what if Clemson and Miami get to the ACCCG with 2 losses? The door is wide open to the CFP put 2 SEC schools or just be left out if the B1G, BIG12 and PAC12 champions are strong

if we both have 2 losses, neither deserves to be in and that goes for any team in any conference. w the coastal division, we should NEVER have 2 losses. also, we already know the SEC will get the benefit of the doubt due to their reputation. we just have to hope miami puts together really strong seasons in a row to help the ACCs rep

If you want people to spend money you have to put a good schedule at home too not just your cool out of conference thing. It’s not rocket science. Our conf schedule isn’t super exciting to have a **** pic schedule at hone.
look here dumbass, when we have FSU at home, we probably aren't going to have the best home non-conference opponent. You don't like it, blame us being in the ACC coastal. When we have FSU away, thats when we are going to have a good home non-conference opponent.

Deal with it.

Advertisement
If that loss is to Clemson and there unbeaten and its by like a FG who knows we may still get in so its not impossible
But if the rest of the schedule included a Wagner, most likely not. Think La Tech and 2000. Also, in 2017, when we were still 11-0, there was a lot of talk of Wisconsin taking the spot in the playoffs instead of us based on strength of schedule.

Advertisement
But if the rest of the schedule included a Wagner, most likely not. Think La Tech and 2000. Also, in 2017, when we were still 11-0, there was a lot of talk of Wisconsin taking the spot in the playoffs instead of us based on strength of schedule.
we would of gotten in IMO if our only loss was to Clemson especially after we destroyed ND. We move the needle I think they would of put us in because one they hate us and want us to play vs the SEC and get throttled. Im pretty sure they were confident we would lose and werent a real threat. A threatening UM team with 1st rounders all over the roster they would fuq because of fear.

we would of gotten in IMO if our only loss was to Clemson especially after we destroyed ND. We move the needle I think they would of put us in because one they hate us and want us to play vs the SEC and get throttled. Im pretty sure they were confident we would lose and werent a real threat. A threatening UM team with 1st rounders all over the roster they would fuq because of fear.
LOL … you're probably right about that.

Advertisement
Indefensible to ever have these types of schedules. CFB lasts 3 months. Don't make a quarter of it against dog**** football teams.

One loss PAC12 champion, one loss B1G champion and a one loss Big 12 team would be close to Miami in the CFP eyes. It generally takes care of itself by the end of the season, but a weak schedule like this lets open the oportunity for us, even as ACC champions, being left out. Especially if ND has a good year

It’s the same type schedule as other contenders.

You schedule who you can get on any particular date. Better that than no game at all. As for us, we'll go to the stadium & party. LET'S GO CANES! :machinegun:

Advertisement
Back