MEGA Miami Fan Attendance -Discussion

Good thing something like this has never been covered before.

Reduce seating, I'm so sick of that angle though. Is it going to reduce the size of the stadium? Will it make people twice as loud? Oh, it'll make it look like there's more people there since there will be fewer sections open. ****, good idea as I'm sure nobody will notice that big *** tarp. Tickets will be rarer, that'll get people to get then quick as well.

We need more billboard trucks, that's my take.

Advertisement
Logistically, I would think it would be easier for them to fling the gates wide open to the public for free for games like Bethune, or drop ticket prices down to a buck a piece, or even half priced tickets while throw in an incentive--a T-shirt or something. Marketing is pricey and Hurricane Football is a business.
You think so? What cost was it to put up billboards or Nijelyk and Wes when they commit? Everything costs

Yeah if we do the same thing we do for 40 years. Totally agree.
Seriously... even when we were in our heyday throughout the 80's ,early 90's and early 00's... the attendance was always the same... yea they may have been a few more games that looked better in the stands but it's always been like this...
It always puzzled me when people get in a uproar about it , not saying you just generally speaking....
They make it come across like this is the first time it's ever happened....
Those of us that have been around a long while now have seen this same pattern year after year ....

Ok ill play along because we dominated a mediocre conference like the big East my biggest attendance pet peeve is games, not being full against perceived, not important conference opponents like gt Louisville Pitt that’s a bigger, pet peeve, and something we have to fix with Mario in charge. All conference games are huge and yes, a conference title is very important. We were just spoiled for so long. We didn’t care about conference titles.

Good thing something like this has never been covered before.

Reduce seating, I'm so sick of that angle though. Is it going to reduce the size of the stadium? Will it make people twice as loud? Oh, it'll make it look like there's more people there since there will be fewer sections open. ****, good idea as I'm sure nobody will notice that big *** tarp. Tickets will be rarer, that'll get people to get then quick as well.

We need more billboard trucks, that's my take.
Yeah and it can be covered again. U man spent months claiming how Cristobal is in love with Bro style and would never hire air raid so why cant we talk about this?

U man act like there is nothing we can do about the attendance and i disagree. "Im not gonna go to Bethune cuz there only gonna be 35k". Thats how yall think. If the universoty just started spending on the program why do people assume they been doing all they can to market the team?

Advertisement
You think so? What cost was it to put up billboards or Nijelyk and Wes when they commit? Everything costs
What's the ROI on a billboard? I suppose the question is how many unlikely attendees will attend a game as a direct result of that billboard and for the cost of that billboard? If the goal is to put butts in chairs, then you need to find out why nobody is going (other events in town, costs, etc.) and incentivize the game. If the problem was informational--as in nobody knows that the game is Thursday, that the Canes are undefeated and competitive, or you want to alert/remind the public--than a Billboard would make sense. I fall into the camp that people know about the Canes and so the attendance problem is better framed as a incentivization problem and not informational.

I live out of state. It was embarrassing to see on TV. I don’t care if it’s Bethune. I don’t understand why there is not a stronger base that is interested in seeing young guys play. They are the future. And I would think if you are a true fan you would want to see them play up close. But that’s just my opinion.

Well I couldn't make it because I caught Covid last game, so I'm on bed rest/quarantine.

Next home game in October should have a good crowd.

Vs Bethune cookman

2019-52,036
2022- 56,795

I don't think the crowd last night was anywhere close to those 2019 & 2022 numbers.
I was at both those games and trust me, there wasn't 50,000 people there at either of them.

Also, the attendance numbers are based on tickets sold. Season tickets count as sold tickets even if the owner doesn't show up for the game. They tend to get boosts in season ticket sales when A) FSU a home game (2022) B) they hire a new coach (2019 and 2022) or C) the previous season was a big success.

Advertisement
This is really a good post. I appreciate the grown man conversation.

I am an out of state guy.

I have one question for you Miami folks.

In the city of Miami,

Is the University of Miami TRULY that city’s team? What i mean by that is, how involved is the school with the community in large OUTSIDE of Coral Gables?

Are there opportunities for inner city youth to attend programs at Miami? Camps (athletic and academic)? Does the school allow youth football games at the school on the practice fields? Like how often do inner city programs say “thanks you” to The University of Miami for sponsorship, mentorship, donations etc…

At Duke, they are getting ready to do the following:

Beginning in fall 2023, Duke University will cover the tuition of undergraduate students from North Carolina and South Carolina whose families earn $150,000 or less a year.

Does Miami offer something similar?

Look we can give the fanbase **** for attendance. I totally get it. Last week was embarassing. But 7:30 on a Thursday night against Bethune cookman warrants no flack that there were 25k in the stands.

Many people work til 5 or 6. If you’re going north to get to the game good luck trying to get to that game on time with traffic. Just asinine scheduling if we’re worried about our image.

Miami should never play home games on a Thursday night

Last edited:
What's the ROI on a billboard? I suppose the question is how many unlikely attendees will attend a game as a direct result of that billboard and for the cost of that billboard? If the goal is to put butts in chairs, then you need to find out why nobody is going (other events in town, costs, etc.) and incentivize the game. If the problem was informational--as in nobody knows that the game is Thursday, that the Canes are undefeated and competitive, or you want to alert/remind the public--than a Billboard would make sense. I fall into the camp that people know about the Canes and so the attendance problem is better framed as a incentivization problem and not informational.
People know when election day is and they still mail call them. It's both. Its culture and mindset. Because our attendance seem to be not about support but event driven.

Advertisement
Disgusting attendance. I don’t care if it’s Bethune and on a Thursday night. The team looks so much better and is coming off a big win against a quality opponent. Show up and support your ******* team.
Or just go because it’s fun to watch good football. ****, I go to local high school games sometimes because its entertainment.

Or just go because it’s fun to watch good football. ****, I go to local high school games sometimes because its entertainment.
Yep if I lived in CA, FL, or TX I’d do that almost every Friday. My favorite team in IL is 5 hours away unfortunately so I can’t watch them play live unless they come up here for the playoffs.

If I lived in South Florida I’d be at Miami games constantly.

Your idea is to make excuses. Thats all the fans do. Make excuses and complain online when the team doesnt perform. Culture and mindset.
I put my money where my mouth is w UM. do you?

this city is what it is with sports attendance. even in 01, games were dead empty unless it was a big one. these games WILL NEVER draw here. Miami isnt a college sports market no matter what anyone says. it barely is for the pro teams unless theyre winning. inter miami games were dead empty compared to Portland or Seattle until Messi got here. the heat are empty when they suck and full when they win and even then, they get the random half filled arenas for a regular season game in the middle of the year against a bad team.

Advertisement
Even during peak seasons, a Thursday night game against an FCS team would only draw maybe 35,000 people. It kind of is what it is. I gave up on hoping for fans to turn up for games like this.

2000 vs McNeese on a Thursday drew 50,000

Advertisement
Back