Miami "Commit" Rudolph names UF leader

View as article
ERMON LANE or

132.gif

Advertisement
I can understand where the kid is coming from with the misunderstanding about his future position at UM. He just doesn't want to sign with UM and find out that he will have to play CB or S. He just need to have another conversation with coach Golden to clean this all up. Either stay or leave, depending on the conversation.

Can't have Franklin telling him WR and then have Golden telling him CB.

That's just a bad look. He seemed to be looking for any reason to decommit and they gave it to him.

Exactly. Most likely there was a communciations screwup somewhere by the coaches. But it's obvious to anyone that isnt a Shammin slurping dummy that this kid was itching to look elsewhere. And whether they gave him a good excuse or not, he likely would have bolted at some later point anyway.

Advertisement
There's nothing to clean up. The nametag wasn't a mistake. He ain't good enough to play wideout at Miami. That's it. He's like 8th on the depth chart if he comes as a WR. Coaches purposely put DB on his nametag, a polite way to tell him what the deal is. Play DB or find another place to play cause you're practice squad as a wideout here.

Kid should thank Golden for being honest with him and not get all ****y. Hope he goes to UF and is their #1 so we can load up the box if we find ourselves playin them in the post season. I'll take Burns and Howard checkin this kid on an island all day.

Last edited:
Kid is a baller no doubt about it but sounds like he has some soft shoulders.

2014 is loaded with WRs so Im not concerned at all.

Advertisement
I remember somebody doing an article with Dixon a while back and what I gathered from it was that him and Rudolph were close.

Anybody have any insight on that?

Say what you will, but if the inconsistency is true, that's just poor execution from Miami.

Advertisement
I am not sure he is a take for UF right now

I am not sure UF is in a position to be turning down WRs. That depth chart reminds me of Miami's in the mid-2000s when the punter was getting reps.

WR's were terrible last year but did you see the WR class UF took in the 2013 cycle? UF will take 3-4 WR's this cycle probably 3 which means there are two spots left (Bronson is already committed). There are kids higher on the board right now such as Drake Harris Josh Malone Trevion Thompson & Ermon Lane. There are others on the same level as Rudolph available.

Advertisement
WR's were terrible last year but did you see the WR class UF took in the 2013 cycle? UF will take 3-4 WR's this cycle probably 3 which means there are two spots left (Bronson is already committed). There are kids higher on the board right now such as Drake Harris Josh Malone Trevion Thompson & Ermon Lane. There are others on the same level as Rudolph available.

Lane isn't going there so they can scratch him off.

Last year's class looks fine but nothing blows me away (on paper). To my eyes, Rudolph looks as good as anybody they've been in the mix with. Still surprised they didn't go after Coley, considering he grew up a Gator fan and is worlds better than anyone on their roster. I'm assuming it was a character issue, but it's not like they've been dealing with angels the past decade.

He is sayin some stupid **** BUT

Golden and Co. gotta be on the same page when they recruit kids.

Lane isn't going there so they can scratch him off.

Last year's class looks fine but nothing blows me away (on paper). To my eyes, Rudolph looks as good as anybody they've been in the mix with. Still surprised they didn't go after Coley, considering he grew up a Gator fan and is worlds better than anyone on their roster. I'm assuming it was a character issue, but it's not like they've been dealing with angels the past decade.
Rudolph isnt on the same level as Josh Malone or Drake Harris. UF wants big 6'3 WR's and maybe one slot guy. With Coley I heard grades and character scared Muschamp off. I think everything going through the high school coach also played a part. Muschamp likes to win over the parents not the coach. Sadly no goons in the 2013 recruiting class I hope it doesn't hurt the team on the filed.

Advertisement
Back