Miami/Clemson Game Jan 3 Thread

Advertisement
God I wish Casey could play basketball. This team has so much going for it, but Omier foul trouble is a death sentence without a Miller that can hold his own as a super small 5
Might have to shrink to a 7 man with George/Watson off the bench. Really wish L would just rip the bandaid with Nwoko

Unfortunately, the reality is that this team is not very good. No size, no bench and lack of physicality other than omier. They are missing a Jordan kid from last year: playmaker!!

I’m afraid all these weaknesses will be severely exposed during conference play if not already and we are going to get steamrolled in conference play.

Yikes 😱!!
Nice call ****y V. Excellent take. We need more of your elucidations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Might have to shrink to a 7 man with George/Watson off the bench. Really wish L would just rip the bandaid with Nwoko
It’s definitely going to have to go to 7 once we make it to March. I like Nwoko’s upside but if he’s on the court once we hit postseason play things have either gone very well or very poorly in that game.

I continue to love Watson on the defense end even though he hasn’t been able to put the ball in the basket.

What an impressive 2nd half and such a huge win without Wooga!! Pack and Cleveland carried the team in the 2nd half and Omier stayed out of foul trouble. All three guys had over 20 pts. Clemson is a **** good team. Big win. 2 and 0 in ACC! Need Wooga at Wake on Saturday though!
Didn’t you say you were stepping away for quite some time? Hmmmm interesting

Advertisement
Advertisement
First half was a bit ugly for some of the usual reasons, but the second half was a thing of beauty and delight. It's great to know these guys can get it done, and hope to see much more of it!
Notice how good this team was when someone wasn’t in the game the entire second half

I won't be concerned the rest of this season. Team has the pieces now that George is coming along. Just make the dance and they can go all the way.
Still worry about teams with lots of size but they did pretty well on the glass tonight

It’s definitely going to have to go to 7 once we make it to March. I like Nwoko’s upside but if he’s on the court once we hit postseason play things have either gone very well or very poorly in that game.

I continue to love Watson on the defense end even though he hasn’t been able to put the ball in the basket.
I feel in March we will have a solid 8 for the dance:

- K George will be great scoring/length/speed and can give starter minutes (so essentially we have a starting 6)

- A Casey is additional height and rebounding, his defense is much better than his offense but luckily with Pack/George/Cleveland/Poplar all being dominant scorers it hopefully doesn’t matter too much (he just needs to finish better)

- C Watson had impressed me on defense and he’s another 6’7 wing that can get board and has good speed and can get their own shot. If Watson has the growth in the next month as George has had in the last month we are REALLY deep

1704338138122.gif

Advertisement
Back