Miami/Clemson Game Jan 3 Thread

Unfortunately, the reality is that this team is not very good. No size, no bench and lack of physicality other than omier. They are missing a Jordan kid from last year: playmaker!!

I’m afraid all these weaknesses will be severely exposed during conference play if not already and we are going to get steamrolled in conference play.

Yikes 😱!!
Relax. We aren’t an elite team right now to but to say we’re going to get “steamrolled” in a mediocre ACC is just silly hyperbole.

Advertisement
DEFENSIVE INTENSITY. This team doesn't have the size to impose their will defensively, but they are quick and can speed up the game. Swarm to the ball and attack the glass. That's something Jordan and Isaiah did last year that a lot of people didn't notice. They weren't afraid to rebound. TEAM REBOUNDING.

Advertisement
I get the frustration with Casey on the offensive end, but hard to say he's been awful tonight if y'all are watching him on the defensive end. Either some of y'all don't know basketball or we're watching 2 different games. Trust me. I get it. He needs to do a better job of converting his bunnies, but need to appreciate the effort and energy he's bringing to the defensive end. GO CANES!!!

Casey has been playing pretty well defensively and on the boards. But missing multiple bunnies is tough.

Advertisement
Looks like a good crowd but everyone sits on their hands. Not having the students back in town doesn’t help.
The basketball fanbase is a different fanbase than the football one. Let's be honest, that insane, no holds barred energy is ALWAYS provided by the student body in college basketball. There are few and I mean few arenas that are super loud when the students aren't around. There are some exceptions, UConn women's hoops in Hartford is the craziest environment I've ever seen in the middle of winter break, with few students in the crowd.

DEFENSIVE INTENSITY. This team doesn't have the size to impose their will defensively, but they are quick and can speed up the game. Swarm to the ball and attack the glass. That's something Jordan and Isaiah did last year that a lot of people didn't notice. They weren't afraid to rebound. TEAM REBOUNDING.
We need more of that, especially from Cleveland. He’s athletic enough to be better than what he’s shown us defensively so far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watson wasn't pushed in the back going up, he just magically ended up in the first row. It's hard to take these games seriously when obvious calls go uncalled.

Advertisement
Back