Miami Central Vs. St. John Bosco Tonight

American Heritage or St. Thomas could beat that Bosco team. They were good not great from what I saw and Central kept kicking themselves in the foot over and over.
I think u reaching bro could they beat them yes. After being in person watching how deep and physical that team was I think a better argument would be IMG.

Advertisement
I'll NEVER look stupid at anything so don't let this CIS life get to you homie but feel free to rip away on those South FL WR's.

I'm talking bout Miami prospect player vs the out of owners who I believe are better coached in HS vs your Dade counter parts
Is Miami the only program with South Florida WR's on it?

Oh okay.

So then WTF are you making a Smith versus Pope comparison for? Dumbest fvckin' argument ever.
So because Smith is better than Pope by your account, that means South Florida kids\coaches are overrated? LMAO

And if we're being technical, Xavier Restrepo is from Broward and is more polished than Smith.

Please take this bullsh!t argument somewhere else. South Florida produces the best skill kids in the country.

The data simply does not back up your assertion. Florida schools have fared well enough against out of state powers. Its not that Florida skools are overrated, its that the powerhouse high schools in other states (almost all of which are private schools) have gotten better.

St. John Bosco's area from where they draw talent has 3-6X the population where Central can draw from. And yes, Florida has high school free agency but lets not fool ourselves, there's a very limited type of kid who's willing to transfer into Central High for sports. Central's continued success is a testament to the value of the inner city south Florida athletes.
They love comparing out-of-state powerhouse programs to our neighborhood schools. It's hilarious. Schools like Bosco have $200k coaching staffs and draw all of the kids from their area.

If I had to gauge it it was coaching on some levels but alot was those cali boys were just bigger or stronger. The strength and conditioning was night and day central has some big kids but they played weak in comparison.some need a few meals for sure. I mean bosco looks like they have a good nutrition program and those somoan kids usually huge.they were selling tacos and burritos at the concession stand I know those players are eating good. I saw the clemson qb’s dad and he just naturally looks like a lineman his other son is a big kid too.
Line Bosco up with St Thomas or Heritage and see if they still look bigger and stronger. Central is a neighborhood school, Bosco is a big-time program. Those type of programs can assemble real rosters, with ideal sizes at every position. Just like St Thomas and Heritage can.

They have real tight ends. Real defensive tackles. Real defensive ends. Etc...

Many of the neighborhood schools in Dade County have linebackers playing DE.

Average Teacher Salary: Florida 48,800 (second lowest in US), Texas 57,091, California 82,282 (second highest in US). And I believe in TX they pay their football coaches the most in the country. Can't seem to find that info though.
I left FL and immediately got a $20K increase doing 1/2 the work and still in education. And my cost of living went drastically down.

Advertisement
This x1000. People don't realize how backward Florida is. As a strength coach, I can go anywhere in the country and get paid well, anywhere except here. Here we have someone's friend running a dumb ******* boot camp type workout for the kids. Not Strength and conditioning.
East NC is the same way. As GA, SC, VA, AL, and even West NC/Charlotte invest in real S&C coaches, East NC continues either splitting weight training among 6 PE teachers or it's the head fb coach. Then coaches wonder why the west owns the east here.

East NC is the same way. As GA, SC, VA, AL, and even West NC/Charlotte invest in real S&C coaches, East NC continues either splitting weight training among 6 PE teachers or it's the head fb coach. Then coaches wonder why the west owns the east here.
Yeah man. The NHSSCA us working to change that but it is a long uphill battle

Line Bosco up with St Thomas or Heritage and see if they still look bigger and stronger. Central is a neighborhood school, Bosco is a big-time program. Those type of programs can assemble real rosters, with ideal sizes at every position. Just like St Thomas and Heritage can.

They have real tight ends. Real defensive tackles. Real defensive ends. Etc...

Many of the neighborhood schools in Dade County have linebackers playing DE.
I get it bro trust me. I was just talking abt the difference in that one game. Personally i think they would beat american heritage. Who on american heritage is going to throw the football. They had like 2 D1 kids in the QB room.St thomas not as familiar with this year. IMG I said would be a better matchup. Im not piling on florida football at all. But not have adequate QB play shows up here too. Somebody at the game said mater dei is even better might see if I can catch them while I’m out here.

Advertisement
I get it bro trust me. I was just talking abt the difference in that one game. Personally i think they would beat american heritage. Who on american heritage is going to throw the football. They had like 2 D1 kids in the QB room.St thomas not as familiar with this year. IMG I said would be a better matchup. Im not piling on florida football at all. But not have adequate QB play shows up here too. Somebody at the game said mater dei is even better might see if I can catch them while I’m out here.
I'm not disagreeing with you about the difference in the teams. Teams like Bosco are always gonna LOOK bigger/better/stronger than neighborhood schools. They get the pick of the litter in their area.
They can field a REAL looking football team.
Linemen look like linemen.
Linebackers look like Linebackers.
They have real TE's.

Different scene in a lot of other states, but Fl is slowly becoming the same. Cali, NJ, and Maryland once had great public school programs, but now it’s 100% dominated by private schools. Los Angeles public high school football programs now suck. The trinity league schools and a few other private programs get almost all of the top players.

Advertisement
I'm not disagreeing with you about the difference in the teams. Teams like Bosco are always gonna LOOK bigger/better/stronger than neighborhood schools. They get the pick of the litter in their area.
They can field a REAL looking football team.
Linemen look like linemen.
Linebackers look like Linebackers.
They have real TE's.
I’m not sure you can call these (heritage, central, south ridge, northwestern) schools “neighborhood schools” when there’s literally a south Florida free agency thread about kids transferring schools. Sure they aren’t pulling kids from all over the country, but they are surely stacking the deck locally.

The data simply does not back up your assertion. Florida schools have fared well enough against out of state powers. Its not that Florida skools are overrated, its that the powerhouse high schools in other states (almost all of which are private schools) have gotten better.

St. John Bosco's area from where they draw talent has 3-6X the population where Central can draw from. And yes, Florida has high school free agency but lets not fool ourselves, there's a very limited type of kid who's willing to transfer into Central High for sports. Central's continued success is a testament to the value of the inner city south Florida athletes.
The more accurate comparison to Bosco would be STA. Private programs with lots of money and resources who can draw players from anywhere they want.

I’m not sure you can call these (heritage, central, south ridge, northwestern) schools “neighborhood schools” when there’s literally a south Florida free agency thread about kids transferring schools. Sure they aren’t pulling kids from all over the country, but they are surely stacking the deck locally.
They're still not private schools, and will never have the roster make-up of the private schools.

MNW, Booker, Central, etc...are all fighting for the same South Florida kids.
Central will have guys from MNW's territory, and vice versa, so at the end it's basically a wash.

Advertisement
They're still not private schools, and will never have the roster make-up of the private schools.

MNW, Booker, Central, etc...are all fighting for the same South Florida kids.
Central will have guys from MNW's territory, and vice versa, so at the end it's basically a wash.
Exactly...

Really is a shame what’s happening to high school football. But such is life. Can’t blame a kid wanting to go to a 30k a year private school for free

We (Deerfield) get almost any kid we want from Northern Broward/Southern Palm Beach...and we STILL don't look like STA or Heritage. LOL
We have big WR's playing TE.
LB's playing DE.
DE's playing DT.
LIKE MOST PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

You go look at these private schools and they have ideal size across the board. Their DE's are real DE's, their DT's are real DT's, their TE's are real TE's, etc etc etc. I saw American Heritage walk into Quarterdeck last Friday night, and they **** near look like a college program.

Advertisement
Back