Miami Central Vs. St. John Bosco Tonight

Advertisement
Did anyone see what Mater Dei did to Duncanville from TX. 45-3 Mater Dei, just more poof public schools cant compete with these teams.

Did anyone see what Mater Dei did to Duncanville from TX. 45-3 Mater Dei, just more poof public schools cant compete with these teams.

Didnt see the game but your post makes me want to repost my theory.

My theory is that within a decade or so high school football will not be available at public high schools. I foresee regional and/or national level high school leagues with all private schools. The IMG model could end up being the future where kids live in on-campus dorms for their high school experience.

The CTE issue has really harmed youth football enrollment in upper middle class neighborhoods in most states. Combine that with the new rules in college football (NIL payment deals, free agency, etc.) and one can see a scenario where a national high school league of the elite private school programs becomes the new college football... of sorts.

Just a theory but the tea leaves seem to be foreshadowing it.

I saw the game and Mater Dei is on a whole other level. Duncanville is a very good team and definitely got some big boys but they were just out class from jump. That Bosco vs Mater Dei game is gonna be Epic.

Advertisement
East NC is the same way. As GA, SC, VA, AL, and even West NC/Charlotte invest in real S&C coaches, East NC continues either splitting weight training among 6 PE teachers or it's the head fb coach. Then coaches wonder why the west owns the east here.

I disagree 100%. The West has historically owned the East bc of they’ve had better players and coaches. It’s been like that for decades. It’s not some new revelation bc of better strength training. But are you gonna act like Tarboro and Scotland county and Wake Forest haven’t dominated recently? What about open enrollment in Charlotte vs a new school every three years in the raleigh area splitting talent up? Not to mention it’s kinda hard to compare the triad all the way to the mountains to Durham down to the beach. Talent pools are more lopsided now, than ever.

This past year a school that was built less than a decade ago went to the title game from the East. And another that’s just a bunch of rich kids who we used to beat by 40. It’s all cyclical.

And honestly it’s not “the west” it’s a handful of schools. Independence for a decade. Mallard creek and butler had a run. Charlotte Catholic is on a run. Murphy has been a powerhouse for decades. Reidsville has more state titles than any school ever. And Vance has ridden this senior class to 3 straight title games. It’s impossible to simplify what happens in this state when it comes to high school sports.

I disagree 100%. The West has historically owned the East bc of they’ve had better players and coaches. It’s been like that for decades. It’s not some new revelation bc of better strength training. But are you gonna act like Tarboro and Scotland county and Wake Forest haven’t dominated recently? What about open enrollment in Charlotte vs a new school every three years in the raleigh area splitting talent up? Not to mention it’s kinda hard to compare the triad all the way to the mountains to Durham down to the beach. Talent pools are more lopsided now, than ever.

This past year a school that was built less than a decade ago went to the title game from the East. And another that’s just a bunch of rich kids who we used to beat by 40. It’s all cyclical.

And honestly it’s not “the west” it’s a handful of schools. Independence for a decade. Mallard creek and butler had a run. Charlotte Catholic is on a run. Murphy has been a powerhouse for decades. Reidsville has more state titles than any school ever. And Vance has ridden this senior class to 3 straight title games. It’s impossible to simplify what happens in this state when it comes to high school sports.
Talent is #1, I agree with you 100%. Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's. Scheme doesn't matter until talent is near equal.
If quality of coaches mattered teams in So FL would never win a game.
Investing in an S&C coach vs having some rando or randos run S&C shows an overall investment in athletics.
Wake Forest is a rare animal in the east, people move from all over to go to WF.
Gibbons has invested massively, including with fantastic track and S&C coaches. Might be moot in a few months though.

Talent is #1, I agree with you 100%. Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's. Scheme doesn't matter until talent is near equal.
If quality of coaches mattered teams in So FL would never win a game.
Quality of coaches matters until you get to around the Regional Final where across the board talent begins to take over - not just in skill positions, where it really shows, is in the line play. On this side of the state we have some teams that squeeze blood out of turnips - our previous staff did. Charlotte upset St Thomas Aquinas handing them their first ever playoff loss to a West Coast team years ago, they beat Booker T Washington the week before. And if you did the eye site test you wouldn't have thought they could come close to hanging with either.

Didnt see the game but your post makes me want to repost my theory.

My theory is that within a decade or so high school football will not be available at public high schools. I foresee regional and/or national level high school leagues with all private schools. The IMG model could end up being the future where kids live in on-campus dorms for their high school experience.

The CTE issue has really harmed youth football enrollment in upper middle class neighborhoods in most states. Combine that with the new rules in college football (NIL payment deals, free agency, etc.) and one can see a scenario where a national high school league of the elite private school programs becomes the new college football... of sorts.

Just a theory but the tea leaves seem to be foreshadowing it.
Only in your state bro.

Cali is softtttttt

I thouht they had a private school league out there though?.

I dont see the IMG model being sustainable nationally or for a lot of programs though (money)...the only reason it is because IMG has BEEN around and they are getting money for multiple professional sports there...from tennis to soccer.. basketball to football.

The cte , and etc you listed will have NOOOOOO affect on most football crazed states like mines (Florida).

Lol u seen how that sh*t worked with Covid when the Pac garbage and Big 10 tried to bogard and the southern football power conferences made them look stupid.

Youth Football enrollment NEVER dwindles in SOUTH FLORIDA. (upper middle class, lower class)....passed pack houses at PARKS all yesterday.

The motto i dont see changing in states where football really matters though.

Mater Dei though i do respect as a football power....and De La Salle was a power when i wa sin high school early 2000s

Advertisement
Only in your state bro.

Cali is softtttttt

I thouht they had a private school league out there though?.

I dont see the IMG model being sustainable nationally or for a lot of programs though (money)...the only reason it is because IMG has BEEN around and they are getting money for multiple professional sports there...from tennis to soccer.. basketball to football.

The cte , and etc you listed will have NOOOOOO affect on most football crazed states like mines (Florida).

Lol u seen how that sh*t worked with Covid when the Pac garbage and Big 10 tried to bogard and the southern football power conferences made them look stupid.

Youth Football enrollment NEVER dwindles in SOUTH FLORIDA. (upper middle class, lower class)....passed pack houses at PARKS all yesterday.

The motto i dont see changing in states where football really matters though.

Mater Dei though i do respect as a football power....and De La Salle was a power when i wa sin high school early 2000s

Again its just a theory I have, not a prediction of any kind. If my theory were to play out the driving force will be public schools declaring football to be too dangerous and removing it due to some potential legal liability.

To your point, the fact that demand for contact football will still be strong in certain areas (TX, FL, GA, LA, etc.) is where I believe these private leagues will develop.

Again just a theory that I can kinda maybe foresee happening over the next 10-20 years.

Again its just a theory I have, not a prediction of any kind. If my theory were to play out the driving force will be public schools declaring football to be too dangerous and removing it due to some potential legal liability.

To your point, the fact that demand for contact football will still be strong in certain areas (TX, FL, GA, LA, etc.) is where I believe these private leagues will develop.

Again just a theory that I can kinda maybe foresee happening over the next 10-20 years.
As far as florida....there isnt enough privates to compete in the league or be competitive.

For example for every st thomas there is a private school that has 30 players max every year...and s.fla is probably the most populated with private schools with legit football programs. What is central and nfla gonna do?.

Our governor doesnt even want kids to wear masks in school..I dont think they care about legal liability.

Like I said maybe in California I could see it.

There are too much legitimate power house public school programs in the football states u named

Advertisement
Back