Miami Central vs Dillard Updates

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Here at the game and here are some stats for the first half.

Joe Yearby: 3 Touchdowns in the first half including a 40 harder.

Dalvin Cook: has an interception for a touchdown and has had some really nice sweep plays and screen plays.

Advertisement
- Yearby: 157 yards, 3 TDs on 16 carries. Cook: 78 yards, 2 TDS (and an INT return for TD) on 12 carries.

Advertisement
I know Cook is more "physically impressive" but it seems like Yearby always puts up better numbers. Am I wrong?

I know Cook is more "physically impressive" but it seems like Yearby always puts up better numbers. Am I wrong?

Dalvin plays both ways, actually plays more defense than offense. When he was playing Corner, Nichols was on the other side with Turner and Turner was having some success on him, for some reason Dillard Flipped Turner over to Cook (maybe for wide side of field to throw fade)...

Cook waved him over like a dade county boy would, pressed up on him and when they threw the fade, he picked it and took it to the house. Up to that point Dillard was keeping it uncomfortably close, this happened right before halftime and pushed the rockets to 31. Kinda blew the game open. Second half the route was on.

I liked what I saw from Yearby tho, I have been one who has always liked cook better. I think Yearby has improved alot this year. Cook had like 3 big runs called back tho for clipping or holding, he would of had over 150 if those stood. Central was getting penalized every other play it seemed. Great refs out there last night.

Yo, Tito What did you think of Turner???

Advertisement
I think Yearby has improved alot this year.

+1000

I had reservations about a 179-pound back that wasn't breaking off enough long runs as a junior. He is making huge plays every week and looks faster, even against teams like Booker T.

Advertisement
Turner's good, and he's a very talented receiver. Just don't see what good it would do to put him at corner when he's a real threat with the ball in his hands. Even with that though, I doubt he ends up in the class at the end.

Has a Dade County RB ever had more ho-hum 160 yard, 3 TD games in his career than Joseph Yearby?

Gimme Yearby and Powell and I got zero ***** to give about anyone else.

Advertisement
Has a Dade County RB ever had more ho-hum 160 yard, 3 TD games in his career than Joseph Yearby?

Gimme Yearby and Powell and I got zero ***** to give about anyone else.

People overlook and/or forget that Joe Yearby led Dade in rushing yards when Duke was a senior.

Advertisement
Back