Miami Best LB corps since?

Advertisement
Recruiting at the LB position should be right up there in terms of priority with QB, OL & DL. If we can pair some great young LBs and true pass rushing threats with our highly talented young DBs, the Defense will be fierce for years to come. Add some serious road-graders on the OL, and you'd have a real shot at competing in the playoffs.

We shouldn't be begging for average D1 Linebackers but rather adhering to the Miami standard (elite talents at the position).

Keontra is a pretty good football player...we'll see if he can hold up and be more effective as a linebacker.

Still...I think this unit is very...very small and that might be fine for the bulk of the ACC and OOC schedule...but it's going to be a problem versus top opponents. As is, I think the unit lack the depth. I don't see any pros from this group as of the writing of this post.

It might be the worst linebacker group we've had since idk...the 60s?

Advertisement
CJ Holton, Shayon Green and Tyrone Cornelius to name a few more. Outside of Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman, Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckney the LB position has been a complete disaster for over a decade and then some.
This. People acting like the Bermuda Triangle wasn’t 30 years ago.

Keontra is a pretty good football player...we'll see if he can hold up and be more effective as a linebacker.

Still...I think this unit is very...very small and that might be fine for the bulk of the ACC and OOC schedule...but it's going to be a problem versus top opponents. As is, I think the unit lack the depth. I don't see any pros from this group as of the writing of this post.

It might be the worst linebacker group we've had since idk...the 60s?
The problem with the size of our LB for me is our scheme wont even keep them clean, our dlineman are taught to rush up field and get tfl or sacks and not taught to keep our lb clean.. Its dam near every man for himself type defense.. Can keontre hold up all game long against bama guards in his lap every play, flagg I have to see to believe (lets get a small slow lb and see if he can be productive, yikes) with guys like McCloud and Carter, soo much question marks in front 7, these experiments can end up in disaster

The problem with the size of our LB for me is our scheme wont even keep them clean, our dlineman are taught to rush up field and get tfl or sacks and not taught to keep our lb clean.. Its dam near every man for himself type defense.. Can keontre hold up all game long against bama guards in his lap every play, flagg I have to see to believe (lets get a small slow lb and see if he can be productive, yikes) with guys like McCloud and Carter, soo much question marks in front 7, these experiments can end up in disaster

yep - DT play will be critical. I know it’s arguably are strongest position in the front 7 but there is a lot to prove. 1/96/91 have been horribly inconsistent in their years here and I don’t have super high expectations for them. JHH spent the year injured last year and he is still an undersized guy and 56 is a “dude” but he’s a 1-2 years away from making a big splash. Can these dudes dominate the LOS consistently throughout the year? If not, gonna be a long year for 4/11.

Advertisement
We’re cool with striker.., were cool with Keontra… but Flagg alone makes the entire group an atrocity? Just don’t rotate every couple players.

never-knew-when-to-quit.gif

Advertisement
The toe thing baffles me. I broke my left middle toe on a trail run, and I was back less than a week later, training for my first marathon. I'm a 41-year-old weekend warrior.
Brooks is a 20-something Adonis at UM whose toe has had him on the shelf for like a year. Like someone else on CIS said, just Ronnie Lott that **** and let's go.

Turf toe involves the big toe. Dieon Sanders ended his career because of it. For Sam Brooks, he either gets lucky with the surgery or adds another 15-25lbs and moves to WDE.

CJ Holton, Shayon Green and Tyrone Cornelius to name a few more. Outside of Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman, Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckney the LB position has been a complete disaster for over a decade and then some.
i was going to add mccarthy to the good lb list with some incredulity and then i realized that he last played in 2010 and now i feel old.

Advertisement
We should come out and play with some gap integrity on Saturday. Imagine how shocked Bama would be.

Advertisement
Back