Off-Topic Miami Beach declares Spring Break state of emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver King

Pass Block
Reminds me of the 80s when I was running yachts and Ft Lauderdale finally had enough - it was during the balcony jumping craze - kids would jump from Balcony party to Balcony party. Six fell to their deaths one spring break. City fathers had enough. That's what changed the one way beach traffic flow. Then Daytona Beach exploded with MTV.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/21/1087...-emergency-after-recent-spring-break-violence

Last edited:
Advertisement
I said it years ago that when you allow weapons of mass destruction, "GUNS", without restriction to proliferate our supposed peaceful god loving society, massive deaths and injuries would be the result. When we take serious issues that affect us all and make them political and ignore the obvious mass deaths it causes because you entrenched on all things your party supports. Well these weapons end up in the hands of ignorant, brain dead, morally absent, mentally sick, subhuman persons, that use these weapons to rain down death on schools, children, wives, business owners, innocent citizens and visitors from around the world. Well this is what you get Gun Supporters and when someone you love or know gets killed or maimed by your support of guns, don't ask me to feel sorrow, donate, wear a T-Shirt, give flowers or pour out one drop on my Bourbon. This on you!

I said it years ago that when you allow weapons of mass destruction, "GUNS", without restriction to proliferate our supposed peaceful god loving society, massive deaths and injuries would be the result. When we take serious issues that affect us all and make them political and ignore the obvious mass deaths it causes because you entrenched on all things your party supports. Well these weapons end up in the hands of ignorant, brain dead, morally absent, mentally sick, subhuman persons, that use these weapons to rain down death on schools, children, wives, business owners, innocent citizens and visitors from around the world. Well this is what you get Gun Supporters and when someone you love or know gets killed or maimed by your support of guns, don't ask me to feel sorrow, donate, wear a T-Shirt, give flowers or pour out one drop on my Bourbon. This on you!
Gun regulations wouldn’t have any effect on any of those type people you listed. It would only have effect on the legal, law abiding responsible gun owners.

Panama City Beach did the same thing and shut down spring break. The kids are just to wild today and have no respect for anything and anyone. Trashing the beach’s, trashing hotels, every little thing turns into a big fight. We were having rapes, stabbing’s, overdoses and accidental deaths and kids coming up missing.
Theses kids don’t spend enough money to make it worth the trouble for the city or county. So Panama City Beach made a no drinking on the beach during the month of May, closed bars at 2am and no alcohol sales from 2am to 7am. That shut it down pretty quick.

Gun regulations wouldn’t have any effect on any of those type people you listed. It would only have effect on the legal, law abiding responsible gun owners.

Panama City Beach did the same thing and shut down spring break. The kids are just to wild today and have no respect for anything and anyone. Trashing the beach’s, trashing hotels, every little thing turns into a big fight. We were having rapes, stabbing’s, overdoses and accidental deaths and kids coming up missing.
Theses kids don’t spend enough money to make it worth the trouble for the city or county. So Panama City Beach made a no drinking on the beach during the month of May, closed bars at 2am and no alcohol sales from 2am to 7am. That shut it down pretty quick.
No permit, concealed carry states are not for the protection of the legal , law abiding. It is a political manifestation of collective clinical insanity by a group, whose IQ is smaller than their belt size.

Advertisement

You can make a better argument than this.

No permit, concealed carry states are not for the protection of the legal , law abiding. It is a political manifestation of collective clinical insanity by a group, whose IQ is smaller than their belt size.

It’s stupid of you to try to introduce politics, especially singling out one party: one it’s a much more complicated issue than political party affiliations in those states, and it’s only like about six or seven states, some which are not necessarily wedded to one particular party.

Shame on you for introducing a political wedge.

Advertisement
Another thing we should ban. How many lives does it ruin?

Up to 40 percent of all U.S. hospital beds (except for those being used by maternity and intensive care patients) are being used to treat health conditions that are related to alcohol consumption.

Every year in the U.S., roughly 5,000 people under the age of 21 die from an alcohol-related incident including car crashes, homicides, suicides, alcohol poisoning and other related injuries.

An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

The worst is tobacco. Tobacco kills over 400,00 people every year in the US alone.

It’s stupid of you to try to introduce politics, especially singling out one party: one it’s a much more complicated issue than political party affiliations in those states, and it’s only like about six or seven states, some which are not necessarily wedded to one particular party.

Shame on you for introducing a political wedge.
Shame on you for not denouncing and admitting the **** that guns have rained down on our society. Yes one party is beholden to the gun industries.

Advertisement
Most of the guns in Chicago come from Indiana, a conservative State with very lax gun laws, see Zephen Xaver.
So if the guns aren't there legally, how does banning them do any good other than keeping them out of the hands of people who won't use them for crime?

Now expand that to the entire country. Maybe the cartels need a new revenue stream?

Advertisement
This is factually incorrect, the one survey conducted indicates about 12% come from Indiana, so I don’t know where you got that.

Indiana's not the only Red State that supplies Chicago with guns used in crimes. Chicago also get guns from Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, & Wisconsin. ...with the majority of the guns (20%) coming from Indiana. Either way they're all coming from deep Red to Purplish States.

Indiana's not the only Red State that supplies Chicago with guns used in crimes. Chicago also get guns from Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, & Wisconsin. ...with the majority of the guns (20%) coming from Indiana. Either way they're all coming from deep Red to Purplish States.
Then why isn't crime even higher in Indiana, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, & Wisconsin than in Chicago?

And if they didn't come from those states ... illegal weapons would be coming across the border just like the drugs do. Criminals will always find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back