Off-Topic Miami Beach declares Spring Break state of emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So is not blaming lax gun laws, it's not binary.
First, which gun laws are lax? You mention moving the minimum age to 21. What happens when the next shooter is 22? If a person is too irresponsible to own a gun at 18, then what else? Sign legal documents? Vote, Be charged as an adult? But none of those were changed.

The Parkland guy was a legal gun purchase, but the vast majority of homicides are illegal guns. The answer is always more gun laws with more restrictions on law abiding citizens. But what happens when the laws are on the books? Has anyone ever questioned whether gun law violations are being investigated and prosecuted at a rate which should reduce crime?

Terrible analogies. The families of the Parkland victims sued the Federal Government & Broward County and won. Far as your drunk driving analogy, the drunk driver didn't intentionally kill 4 people even though He was drunk, but Zephen Xaver with His fantasies of killing people did. And plenty of people died as a result of those pill mills that used to operate in Florida. And I don't want to hear that Florida wasn't responsible, they wouldn't have changed the laws to tighten regulations if they weren't...ditto with Florida gun laws after the Parkland tragedy.
Actually my analogies are accurate.

Your muppetesque take however......

1) the families in point of fact did not win, they settled under POLICY measures, because of course as you know the whole "sovereign immunity" thing (of course you do)*
2) you do realize they didnt sue (and still did not win) over guns right?
3) shall I go on?

try again...

and yes of course!!! Florida is to blame for pill mill induced opiate deaths!!!!

Call the Governor!!!

z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

* I believe they tried under FTCA, very high bar to reach

2 crazies are responsible for the murders of 22 people. IDK about you, but if I was a firearm retailer, I would want to know if a prospective buyer had homicidal tendencies in the past, like Xavier & Cruz clearly did. Also, did you have a problem with Florida increasing the age that you can purchase a firearm from 18 to 21? I don't, my kids had to jump through hoops just to get a driver's license.
Retailers are supposed to have background checks cleared before releasing a gun. I don’t know what theirs said, but if they were cleared then that’s not on the retailer.

I don’t mind 21 being the age to buy a gun. What do we do about the 18 year old kids joining the service. Are they allowed to own a gun before 21?

Advertisement
Retailers are supposed to have background checks cleared before releasing a gun. I don’t know what theirs said, but if they were cleared then that’s not on the retailer.

I don’t mind 21 being the age to buy a gun. What do we do about the 18 year old kids joining the service. Are they allowed to own a gun before 21?

Yes. Soldiers in BT go through extensive weapons training before they can fire live rounds, a regular civilian doesn't.

As far as background checks go, I know we have them, but I don't think they're extensive enough. Like I said before, if I was a retailer, I'd want know if a person had homicidal tendencies in the past before I sold them a gun, we know Cruz & Xavier did.

Advertisement
Stop and frisk got more illegal guns off the street than any law in history. Why did the anti gun people get rid of it?

Stop and frisk got more illegal guns off the street than any law in history. Why did the anti gun people get rid of it?

Only if more Whites are stopped & frisked more. When it was "legal" in NY, more guns & drugs were found on White People, than Black or Latino People, despite Whites getting stopped & frisked 84% less.

Only if more Whites are stopped & frisked more. When it was "legal" in NY, more guns & drugs were found on White People, than Black or Latino People, despite Whites getting stopped & frisked 84% less.
Ok cool Idc who gets stopped. All I said was it got illegal contraband off the street and that It wasn’t the legal gun carrying people who put a stop to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do you guys even bother having these conversations with each other. Has anyone really changed anyone else's mind on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back