Miami at VT

1705201258471.gif

Advertisement
Really really needed this win. Cleveland was outstanding and Pack had a great offensive game (19 pts 8 boards 5 assists 0 turnovers). Omier and Wooga still don’t look like themselves.

Anyone know why Watson hasn’t played the last 2 games? Thought he was coming off nicely as a defensive energy guy off the bench

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really really needed this win. Cleveland was outstanding and Pack had a great offensive game (19 pts 8 boards 5 assists 0 turnovers). Omier and Wooga still don’t look like themselves.

Anyone know why Watson hasn’t played the last 2 games? Thought he was coming off nicely as a defensive energy guy off the bench

Watson has shown absolutely nothing offensively. Not enough on that end deserving of meaningful playing time.

Nice win tonight! Road wins are never easy in the ACC.

Takeaways from tonight... Energy was a lot better tonight, particularly on the defensive end. Guys were engaged and battled. Didn't see defenders dying on screens and guards did a much better job of individually staying in from of their man. Still got a ways to go, but definitely a step in the right direction.... Omier has to stay away from the silly fouls. His first 2 fouls (illegal screen & reaching in the backcourt) in 1st half were totally unnecessary. Needs to understand that those fouls limited his aggression to start 2nd half. VTech scored their first 18 points in the 2nd half inside because they knew Omier couldn't afford to pick up #3. He's got 5 fouls and should save them for the paint, when contesting shots. The later, the better. Luckily it didn't come back to bite us in the butt... We still seem a bit off kilter on offense. Just don't seem to be in the groove of things. When we get paint touches we're very good. When we rush/force things that's when we get into trouble. Have to trust one another and be a little more patient with the offense... Something to keep an eye on as we go foreward is Kyshawn George. He played almost 30 minutes off the bench. Not that I disagree with it. Just found it interesting and something to monitor. May not be coming off the bench much longer... Pack and Cleveland were very good tonight. Cleveland very quietly is putting together a nice run. He's averaging close to 21ppg in the month of January.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What a strange game
-terrible first half
-George will start soon if not next game
-I think some guys are still hurt (Wooga, Pack)
-awful defence for long stretches
-is the bench even dressing?
-Matt is slowly becoming our best player
-what’s with the missed fts?
-Benz? Ouch
-Jakai at end of the first half again. Love it. Someone is reading my posts

What a strange game
-terrible first half
-George will start soon if not next game
-I think some guys are still hurt (Wooga, Pack)
-awful defence for long stretches
-is the bench even dressing?
-Matt is slowly becoming our best player
-what’s with the missed fts?
-Benz? Ouch
-Jakai at end of the first half again. Love it. Someone is reading my posts

Coach L said post game Omier is battling a bad ankle also.

Coach L said post game Omier is battling a bad ankle also.
Sorry to hear - but that does sound promising for better days ahead. He was critically good in the final minutes. So was B. Joseph, who drove the basket twice and was 4 for 4 late FTs (while 3 other Canes missed some) and was part of a mostly good finish. (I won't say more about his first half exploits (or other recent games), but maybe Coach L starting George over him for the 2nd half helped him to focus on certain desirable aspects. ...Hope he STAYS focused.)

Advertisement
Solid road win despite our typical making it exciting for no reason. But every game I fear is going to be like this. Nothing will come easy.
Conference is going to be very competitive every night. Look what happened to UVA last night

Advertisement
Back