Miami at VT 7pm ACCN

funny to find another thread that is just people complaining endlessly about a competitive ACC road game. VT shot the lights out at home but our guys played really solid defense down the stretch when they had to have stops and made plays on offense to claw back the lead.

look, this is a flawed team. that's obvious. if they win even a game in the tournament it will be a hugely successful season. people complaining every single game about the lack of bigs and poor rebounding is not going to miraculously make those problems go away. but they are very resilient, don't crumble, and have so far had a knack for making plays in clutch situations. this is a very easy team to root for, not that you would know it from ever reading about the team on this message board. but if you can't enjoy this run that's on you.
Keep in mind, a lot of these fans haven't watched a minute of Miami basketball since the last NCAA appearance. That's why they don't understand how special this season is shaping up to be. For those of us that actually pay attention and have been here for a minute, we've seen the improvement and want to see this team continue on this run.

Tonight Miami beat a solid VT team, ON THE ROAD. That's a big win, because it now gives Miami a chance to sweep VT, which will go a long way to getting into the Dance. Miami finds a way to hold serve at home against Tech, beat the teams they theoretically should beat, and this team is safely in. That's something that coming into the season, most experts didn't even think was a possibility. In fact, a lot of us here on this board(Myself Included) just wanted this team to be respectable, a solid NIT squad that possibly went on a run in that tournament.

Advertisement
More from a starting a losing streak point, than tourney bubble point. Just felt like a game that could send this team forward, or sink them.

I think you’re making a really good point. Huge win for the team mentally and emotionally.

Coach L’s teams generally get better as the season progresses… so this really could be a launching board.

Winning out is not impossible. Not expecting it by any stretch (refs alone will steal at least one)… but there’s a lot to like about this team when they are playin their best ball (offensively and defensively).

needlessly slandering one of the best players on the team and then acting like other people are the problem. sit here while i feed you this crow like you're a baby in a high chair.
Honestly still don’t think he’s very good. Big time shot tonight but still not crazy about his game

Advertisement
I almost never downvote, but man this post is begging for it.

Tell me you don’t know basketball without telling me you don’t know basketball.
I’ll survive a downvote, promise. Lazy defender, needless turnovers, likely the best PG on the team, but that isn’t saying much

I’ll survive a downvote, promise. Lazy defender, needless turnovers, likely the best PG on the team, but that isn’t saying much
I wasn't a huge fan of his game when I watched some video of him this summer but he's shooting 49% on twos and 38% on threes this year, many of them from beyond the NBA line. his size will limit him but Wong and McGusty have a tendency to float through games and Moore is a major stabilizing force, it's not an understatement to say this team wouldn't be anywhere near the tourney this year without him. he put up 25 vs syracuse, 18 vs duke, hit three threes tonight etc.

Advertisement
Sam Waardenburg has been at Miami so long he was also on the floor the last time we hit a game winning half court buzzer beater

Thanks for a chance to revisit that exciting ending.

Being the "watcher" that I am, I noticed something at least I find a bit amusing... just like tonight after Charlie's shot, he was the last/slowest guy to catch up with the buzzer-beater in the jump-on Newton team celebration. Hey, I love that he was 4 for 4 tonight and did some good things, but he's kinda slow and uncoordinated, at times. Just sayin how much I love him (anyway).

Sam Waardenburg has been at Miami so long he was also on the floor the last time we hit a game winning half court buzzer beater

My favorite thing about this shot was that Newton was a terrible 3 point shooter. If I remember correctly, he shot like 25% 😂. This was an awesome memory though

Advertisement
funny to find another thread that is just people complaining endlessly about a competitive ACC road game. VT shot the lights out at home but our guys played really solid defense down the stretch when they had to have stops and made plays on offense to claw back the lead.

look, this is a flawed team. that's obvious. if they win even a game in the tournament it will be a hugely successful season. people complaining every single game about the lack of bigs and poor rebounding is not going to miraculously make those problems go away. but they are very resilient, don't crumble, and have so far had a knack for making plays in clutch situations. this is a very easy team to root for, not that you would know it from ever reading about the team on this message board. but if you can't enjoy this run that's on you.
Agreed, but **** wish they could rebound better. I want them to win in the tournament

It’s a totally acceptable strategy against some teams, not against a Mike Young team. They’re game plan is to shoot a bunch of threes. We played right into their hands and gave up a bunch of threes and almost lost the game bc of it.
Agreed. And playing a super slow pace played right into VT’s hands. I’m thrilled we won, but I questioned some of our gameplan tonight.

Only negative was our three point defense. Not gonna win many games where you allow 50% 3 pt shooting and give up 13 three pointers.

Shout to Jordan Miller -- 18 points, 7 boards, 2 assists and 2 blocks. Nice night's work.
But at the same time they’re not gonna face a team often that hits 50% of their 3s

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back