Miami at Virginia Tech at 9 pm on Fox Sports South on February 19th, 2020. (Pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions)

Advertisement
Unheralded here was Stone. Tough kid. Wong gets away with forces but squeezes out of enough to score off those forces. Mgusty was rock solid sometimes forces and has some turnovers. Kudos to our 7ft center not enough credit but this kid helps you. What I don't like is VT just drove inside all night long. Defended a little better in the second half but just too many open lanes. What I love is the grit and the maturity we showed in very adverse conditions. And free throws were almost 100 percent. Thats usually our achilles heel. Congrats Canes on 3 in a row. #4 is next.

Really enjoyed watching the game. Fun game. Great team win.

It’s crazy that we’ve won 3 in a row but have only moved from 14th to 13th in the standings.

Advertisement
Where do I begin? What a game!!

1. It's been mentioned dozens of times in the past 10 days that Mr.Wong is the future of this program. He's got the making of an all around scorer and has the attributes along with the desire to become a lockdown defender too. His future is bright.
2. McGusty is still hampered by his back injury. He has lost a step and a bit hesitant when driving.
3. Along the same line: I think DJ's legs are shot from when we had a short line-up in the middle of the season and he was playing 38+ minutes a game.... lest we forget he's a former fat kid. Sorry Dj.
4. Keith Stone... His injuries have hurt more than anything as we truly miss his rebounding and defense when he's not on the floor. Reminds me of Kamari Murphy a bit.
5. The 7 footer who will remain nameless cannot be relied upon to grab rebounds and control the paint like a Gamble or a JEKIRI (there was nothing lowercase about this man). I will say it he has played better over the past couple weeks.

One last thing: we will miss couch L one day. Get off his ***. He has raised the bar for the entire program so criticizing a decision to not have harlond in the game or not playing walker a couple more minutes a game just comes off as childish.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is Isaiah Wong the new PG of the future for Miami? He has really improved 2nd half of the season.

Advertisement
Back