Miami at UCF tonight

Unfortunately, you are going to have to fire DiMare. Another alternative would be to find somebody to bankroll the changes required similar to football. Obviously, the DiMare family have been terrific for the University of Miami, but it is becoming clear Gino is not up to the job.

I understand. Some may prefer pushing him off a cliff, I'm in favor of a downward-sloping ramp. Bottom line, the team did not show a lot of brains or fight last night. Just telling it how I saw it.

Advertisement
I have gone on record many times here and said that we're recruiting the wrong guys. We get highly ranked showcase-type kids who just aren't very good baseball players. We recruit measurables. And we don't recruit a non-south Florida kid unless the kid contacts us first.

Vandy goes out and finds kids all over the country who are good at baseball. We get the highly ranked recruiting classes, but we are absolutely not getting the best college baseball players.
You ain’t never lied sir. Funny how the best baseball player to wear the miami uniform in recent memory had to transfer here because we didn’t recruit him out of South Florida when he was in high school 🤣🤣🤣

CDC

Last edited:
I have gone on record many times here and said that we're recruiting the wrong guys. We get highly ranked showcase-type kids who just aren't very good baseball players. We recruit measurables. And we don't recruit a non-south Florida kid unless the kid contacts us first.

Vandy goes out and finds kids all over the country who are good at baseball. We get the highly ranked recruiting classes, but we are absolutely not getting the best college baseball players.
I'm not sure the development is very good, either. The Miami roster looks like they have ZERO nutrition or S&C going on. Morales looks like a 16 year old and he's hitting 3rd.

I'm not sure the development is very good, either. The Miami roster looks like they have ZERO nutrition or S&C going on. Morales looks like a 16 year old and he's hitting 3rd.

Well, at least that part is fixable.

One thing that I noticed last night, it seems like the UCF stadium has some of their practice facilities (batting/pitching) built right into it. I haven't toured all of the Light recently, do we/could we set up a dedicated baseball workout facility connected to the stadium building(s)? I think we have a hoops workout facility in the arena. If we are hiring a bunch of S&C guys for football, we should find a hoops-only and a baseball-only guy to focus on the right types of S&C and diet programs.

Not an expert. Just trying to figure out the best use of our facilities and people, and recognizing the differences between the sports.

My friend and I were close to buying tickets, but when we arrived 15 minutes late, the tarp was still on the field and fhe Canes were heading back to the locker room. We said “Nevermind!” And headed for dinner. I’m glad we didn’t sit through what I am reading.

I’m happy we have an experienced AD. I know there are a lot of vocal Baseball fans that will let Dan Rad know what’a up.

Advertisement
Unless he had an issue, my guess is they wanted to see how Rosario would perform in a non-conference game and let him go 4 innings. Well, we got a pretty quick answer.
A quick AND definitive answer. Imagine if Rosario had signed to play affiliated ball after HS. He'd be out of baseball now after matching up against pro hitters.

You ain’t never lied sir. Funny how the best baseball player to wear the miami uniform in recent memory had to transfer here because we didn’t recruit him out of South Florida when he was in high school 🤣🤣🤣

ADC
You meant his brother, right? CDC?
Not trying to be the grammar police, but at first I wasn't sure who you were referencing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I haven't been silent about UM Baseball since 1976

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back