Miami at UCF tonight

Advertisement
Morris is 10X the coach Gino is...with 2 Natty's under his belt....and still had better teams even during some lackluster yrs....No comparison whatsoever.....
I agree that Morris WAS that kind of coach, but he did not perform at that level in his last ten years. He Bobby Bowdened his way to retirement.

Advertisement
Garland was removed after just 49 pitches. I wonder why?
DiMare probably knows that if we're going to compete this weekend he's going to need Garland at some point. It's a matter of deciding which game you want to concede, which is shocking at the University of Miami.

Advertisement
Well, it's important to recognize that DiMare was essentially in charge in 2017 and 2018, so we're agreeing here. Gino ran this thing into the ditch. It's just unfortunate that Morris' name was attached to missing the tournament those two years.
I miss when Turtle Thomas was our hitting coach.

Dark days in here and I see it only getting worse. We’re not going to win many acc series imo so we better start winning all of our midweek games. I don’t see the latter happening so I’m going on record and saying this team is going to be a bubble regional team 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was there last night, and the game was horrible. I know not many people were able to see it, and you should consider yourself lucky to have missed it. Every element was ugly. UCF had one more at-bat than us, and one more hit than us, but if not for one swing in the top of the ninth, we would have lost 10-1.

I realize most people know the high lowlights, but good lord. Dropping that line-drive in centerfield? There was nothing challenging about that play, he was tall enough to simply put his glove at shoulder level and make that catch. On the other hand, a bunch of our players are short. Kayfus had to leap to make a high catch at first, and while he came down on the bag in time to get the runner, it is a concern at first (and other positions too). The choices to take or swing were questionable. The change of pitcher? Unless there was an injury, that one confused the **** out of me, as he settled in after the first two batters of the game. After that, each reliever was worse than the last.

Long-term? If Radakovich determines that Dimare is not the answer, and that Lovelady is, then try to work something out. Just FYI, I do trust @SWFLHurricane when it comes to Lovelady, but outside of his first year at UCF, the rest of his record is going to be disappointing to some posters who just focus on stats. The timing is good to hire Lovelady, as he hasn't built some 10-year program that he is hesitant to leave. So here's the two-step. Radakovich (and others) approach Gino about joining the Board of Trustees in his father's position (Paul has been ill). Radakovich uses my brilliant idea of forming a new Athletics Committee that is DIFFERENT from the current committee (all Trustees) that is made up of SOME trustees (Gino Dimare, Bernie Kosar, Jon Beason, Jose Mas) and SOME non-Trustees with UM Athletics background (including former basketball athletes, track athletes, golfers, tennis players, etc.). Dimare is put in charge of the Athletics Committee, and becomes Radakovich's point person to work with the NCAA and the ACC to change the rules related to "equivalency scholarships" in sports beyond football/basketball. Lovelady is hired as UM baseball coach.

Problem...solved...

Advertisement
I was there last night, and the game was horrible. I know not many people were able to see it, and you should consider yourself lucky to have missed it. Every element was ugly. UCF had one more at-bat than us, and one more hit than us, but if not for one swing in the top of the ninth, we would have lost 10-1.

I realize most people know the high lowlights, but good lord. Dropping that line-drive in centerfield? There was nothing challenging about that play, he was tall enough to simply put his glove at shoulder level and make that catch. On the other hand, a bunch of our players are short. Kayfus had to leap to make a high catch at first, and while he came down on the bag in time to get the runner, it is a concern at first (and other positions too). The choices to take or swing were questionable. The change of pitcher? Unless there was an injury, that one confused the **** out of me, as he settled in after the first two batters of the game. After that, each reliever was worse than the last.

Long-term? If Radakovich determines that Dimare is not the answer, and that Lovelady is, then try to work something out. Just FYI, I do trust @SWFLHurricane when it comes to Lovelady, but outside of his first year at UCF, the rest of his record is going to be disappointing to some posters who just focus on stats. The timing is good to hire Lovelady, as he hasn't built some 10-year program that he is hesitant to leave. So here's the two-step. Radakovich (and others) approach Gino about joining the Board of Trustees in his father's position (Paul has been ill). Radakovich uses my brilliant idea of forming a new Athletics Committee that is DIFFERENT from the current committee (all Trustees) that is made up of SOME trustees (Gino Dimare, Bernie Kosar, Jon Beason, Jose Mas) and SOME non-Trustees with UM Athletics background (including former basketball athletes, track athletes, golfers, tennis players, etc.). Dimare is put in charge of the Athletics Committee, and becomes Radakovich's point person to work with the NCAA and the ACC to change the rules related to "equivalency scholarships" in sports beyond football/basketball. Lovelady is hired as UM baseball coach.

Problem...solved...
Something innovative like this should be very doable, e.g. someone said that Dimare donates his salary now. So, if the family loves the university that much, do what is in its best interest. And this idea seems like a win-win in that Gino and the family save face.

I disagree that we’ve regressed slowly. We haven’t been a contender since 2008. We started getting bounced early in the 2010’s. A lot of us were pointing out the red flags but were shouted down because “2001”. Then 2017 and 2018 happened, and here we are today not much better.
That was my senior year in college at the U. That team was stacked and sense then haven’t really recruited a fiery passionate bunch of canes. Biggest makeover this team needs is between the ears. Emotionally have to be ready to play for the school and have some pride

Advertisement
Garland was removed after just 49 pitches. I wonder why?
Unless he had an issue, my guess is they wanted to see how Rosario would perform in a non-conference game and let him go 4 innings. Well, we got a pretty quick answer.

Problem...solved...
Unfortunately, you are going to have to fire DiMare. Another alternative would be to find somebody to bankroll the changes required similar to football. Obviously, the DiMare family have been terrific for the University of Miami, but it is becoming clear Gino is not up to the job.

That was my senior year in college at the U. That team was stacked and since then haven’t really recruited a fiery passionate bunch of canes. Biggest makeover this team needs is between the ears. Emotionally have to be ready to play for the school and have some pride
I have gone on record many times here and said that we're recruiting the wrong guys. We get highly ranked showcase-type kids who just aren't very good baseball players. We recruit measurables. And we don't recruit a non-south Florida kid unless the kid contacts us first.

Vandy goes out and finds kids all over the country who are good at baseball. We get the highly ranked recruiting classes, but we are absolutely not getting the best college baseball players.

Advertisement
Back