Miami at Clemson Wed, Feb 14, 5:00 PM MSTon ESPN2

Advertisement
Disgusting late game performance by everyone involved, coaches and players.

Miami up 6 with 9 minutes left, 17 point loss.

Coach L playing Pack when he has zero impact was costly.

Wooga is lost.

Cleveland is lost.

Bensley is what he is.

Only Omier and George have any impact on the game.

None of the pieces fit.

Nobody who can carry the team in crunch time or penetrate (Wong).

Nobody who can lead and provide help inside (Miller).

And horrible recruiting has lead to a nonexistent bench.

Took george out and brought Pack back in up 57-53. Game closed on a 24-3 run. Pretty sure Coach L can't stand this team or season and just wants it to end. Players probably could care less either. They haven't looked like they cared pretty much all year
I think the UVA game broke him. I’ve never seen him as exasperated. I never thought we’d have to put him on retirement watch but I’m starting to go down that road given how out of sorts he’s been this season

Advertisement
Yeah, this season is completely over at this point. Really L needs to focus on roster construction for next year... convince George to come back, and hopefully also Norchad and Cleveland. Pack and Wooga at this point I am fine if they go especially since most of the talent coming in next year is at their positions. If he knows Norchad is going he needs to be ready to go all in on a transfer big.

My hope is that this team's bad chemistry, attitude don't lead to a mass exodus leaving us with almost nothing to pair with the solid recruits coming in next year.

It will take nothing short of a miracle for Miami to get into the postseason. And by that I mean the NIT. Some of the apologists are going to come out and say it's been bad luck and a rash of injuries, but the fact of the matter is despite some players missing a few games this team has given games away all season because of their poor play, bad habits and some questionable coaching. Never thought I'd see a Coach L led team be so undisciplined, selfish and lackadaisical. All year long, this team has overestimated itself. I'm sure Coach L hasn't forgotten how to coach, but he's definitely asking himself how this season/team got away from him.

Last edited:
Yeah, this season is completely over at this point. Really L needs to focus on roster construction for next year... convince George to come back, and hopefully also Norchad and Cleveland. Pack and Wooga at this point I am fine if they go especially since most of the talent coming in next year is at their positions. If he knows Norchad is going he needs to be ready to go all in on a transfer big.

My hope is that this team's bad chemistry, attitude don't lead to a mass exodus leaving us with almost nothing to pair with the solid recruits coming in next year.

I don't see any chance of Omier returning. George could be gone too. Those are the only two players on the roster with any redeeming value. We now know who Poplar and Cleveland are.

So L could be stuck with no returning impact players.

A great recruiting class in 2024 (we think), but a massive rebuild in the portal because of the horrid talent evaluation the last two recruiting classes.

L needs to find 3 impact big men in the portal which will be damned near impossible as big men don't typically come to UM.

Then we need to find a point guard to lead the offense for the two wing guard freshman who supposedly shoot the lights out. Bensley, if he doesn't hit the portal, will still be around for the experience factor.

But ****, L has a big job reconstructing this roster. Does he really want to go through this at this point in his career. Clearly, he is disgusted with the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't see any chance of Omier returning. George could be gone too. Those are the only two players on the roster with any redeeming value. We now know who Poplar and Cleveland are.

So L could be stuck with no returning impact players.

A great recruiting class in 2024 (we think), but a massive rebuild in the portal because of the horrid talent evaluation the last two recruiting classes.

L needs to find 3 impact big men in the portal which will be damned near possible as big men don't typically come to UM.

Then we need to find a point guard to lead the offense for the two wing guard freshman who supposedly shoot the lights out. Bensley, if he doesn't hit the portal, will still be around for the experience factor.

But ****, L has a big job reconstructing this roster. Does he really want to go through this at this point in his career. Clearly, he is disgusted with the season.

Yeah the concern definitely would be a mass exodus (that’s hard to fix in the portal) because of what feels like bad chemistry and bad vibes. No way Omier is returning… that’s totally improbable.

The team really needs to end the year on a run to get some positivity in the program heading into the offseason… even though that seems unlikely at this point.

Advertisement
Yeah the concern definitely would be a mass exodus (that’s hard to fix in the portal) because of what feels like bad chemistry and bad vibes. No way Omier is returning… that’s totally improbable.

The team really needs to end the year on a run to get some positivity in the program heading into the offseason… even though that seems unlikely at this point.
I think we are clearing house and going heavy portal for sure. I'll be interested what Jim wants to do. Would I be shocked if he retires? At this point, no.

I anticipate at least 8 guys gone after this year.

It is entirely possible that all the scholarship players on this roster, except for one, could be gone after this season.

I don't believe any of the starters will be back.

Nwoko and Bensley have a spot but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they hit the portal.

IMO, the only scholarship player that will be back for sure is Djobet.

Coach L will tell Casey, Watson, and Robinson that their services are no longer needed.

So Coach L could have anywhere from five to ten spots to fill. Much of it due to his poor high school talent evaluations the last two cycles.

Even with a terrific class coming in, L will need an entirely new front line. And we already know we need to be bigger and stronger up front but Coach L is not known for getting big men to UM.

Next year will be really rough. I don't know if Coach L really wants to go through a massive rebuild.

Advertisement
Couldn’t watch the game but some quick thoughts based on box score/watching the condensed game:
-don’t get the whole play starters 35 minutes thing. It’s not working
-did Pack really have 0 points? He also looked awful on defence from the highlights
-Matt must still be hurt. Too enigmatic if not
-tbh Wooga should just turn pro. His stock has fallen so far, it’s certainly no given anymore
-4/5 fts? That’s it?
-this team is a failure at levels: recruiting, transfer portal, defence, “me” ball, effort, team chemistry, coaching. Obviously the injuries haven’t helped
-I think L has checked out. I know the team has
-start playing Jakai and Djobet from now on. 20+ minutes a game. At least they try

Couldn’t watch the game but some quick thoughts based on box score/watching the condensed game:
-don’t get the whole play starters 35 minutes thing. It’s not working
-did Pack really have 0 points? He also looked awful on defence from the highlights
-Matt must still be hurt. Too enigmatic if not
-tbh Wooga should just turn pro. His stock has fallen so far, it’s certainly no given anymore
-4/5 fts? That’s it?
-this team is a failure at levels: recruiting, transfer portal, defence, “me” ball, effort, team chemistry, coaching. Obviously the injuries haven’t helped
-I think L has checked out. I know the team has
-start playing Jakai and Djobet from now on. 20+ minutes a game. At least they try
The defense, as is often the case, was plain tired and awful. Offensive rebounding (effort, lack thereof) again so bad the announcers made a negative comment.

Clemson's offense (given little defense) was too often spot on, especially at end. Our offense was again pathetic. No set plays other than setting up for Pack who couldn't hit a barn. The team chemistry is probably sour because of that (and his NIL and George's NBA-itis) and looked as ugly as ever. Ofc no dribblers, drivers, crisp passes (to Omier or anyone underneath) ...simply ...Nada. Time for baseball!!

I understand teams fall off after the two year run we have had, but this team is pathetic. No other way to put it. The effort is sad, the game plan sucks, this team is lost. On to baseball, which looks to be average to slightly above average. Gonna be a long 6 months till football.

I think we need to slow down with the mass exodus ideas. None of us have any clue what the air in the room is with this team. They could just as easily have an “unfinished business” type of attitude.

George is the only player on the roster that would be drafted and probably 2nd round at this stage.

Where are the rest going exactly?

Advertisement
Back