Miami at BC 9pm ET ACCN

Hugely hugely important win. Good, not great performance, but good enough to win by double digits on the road and clinch a top 4 finish (and double bye in the ACCT). My thoughts:

- Wong was sensational tonight. We haven't seen a performance like that from him in a while. He had to do that a lot last year because this team was so depleted. We don't need him to play hero ball necessarily, but if he can go off like that again in March, it makes us a very dangerous out.
- Moore was solid, but he's turned it over 7 times in the last 2 games (vs. 14 assists at least). Gotta tighten that up.
- It wasn't Kam's best game. He made some nice plays but could never really get into a rhythm due to foul trouble.
- Great all around game from Sam. Getting banged up on that play seemed to energize him. He closed out the game very strong.
- It's nice to see other people on this board giving Jordan Miller some recognition. He is the glue guy that holds this team together and he has continued to improve as the season progresses. He did it all again last night.
- Our bench was abysmal. Joseph appears to have hit a freshman wall. His offensive game is well....offensive. Wooga looks lost. And after a stretch of good games, Walker was useless again. Need a lot more from the bench if we want to make any postseason noise.

Advertisement
Watching these games, win or lose, its pretty astounding this team is a tournament team with no bigs and no bench. So while Coach L deserves a lot of credit for that, he also deserves the "credit" for having no playable bigs and no bench. Wooga and Joseph are decent on D and boards but have become black holes on offense. Walker is... Walker. And that's literally it. That's the bench. I think this is gonna be a nice fun regular season and they might snag a win in the tournament but that's it. With a little depth this could have been a sweet 16 team. Sad that a rare situation with so many solid veterans may go to semi waste.

Watching these games, win or lose, its pretty astounding this team is a tournament team with no bigs and no bench. So while Coach L deserves a lot of credit for that, he also deserves the "credit" for having no playable bigs and no bench. Wooga and Joseph are decent on D and boards but have become black holes on offense. Walker is... Walker. And that's literally it. That's the bench. I think this is gonna be a nice fun regular season and they might snag a win in the tournament but that's it. With a little depth this could have been a sweet 16 team. Sad that a rare situation with so many solid veterans may go to semi waste.
Agreed. Add a rim defending big man and another reliable bench piece and this team could be Sweet 16 worthy.

Still, the tournament is all about matchups and getting hot. Worse teams than this Canes team have gone deep in the tournament due to getting hot at the right time.

It's an awful facility if we're being honest. Intimate building in size that feels far from it given the layout and sight lines. Littlejohn at Clemson was like that until the recent renovation so hopefully DanRad has something similar up his sleeve because the place desperately needs a facelift
Tell me you aren't following college basketball, nor have attended games at other gyms, without telling me. Could the Watsco Center have better concessions? Yes, that's something that should have been fixed years ago. That said, the seating arrangement is **** good, and you have an intimate, solid environment, WHEN PEOPLE SHOW UP.

You go to some of these other on campus facilities, it's amazing how utterly awful they are in person, makes you wonder how anyone can have an issue with the minor issues at Watsco. Cameron is a POS that people jerk off over because of "History". The Dean Dome is a pro arena masquerading as a college facility, same with the Yum! Center. I've been to McKale in Tucson, and honestly it's a dark, dingy facility that has a really nice scoreboard and little else. No one talks about those facilities needing anything because people show up and the energy is always high. Miami has renovated in pieces, whether it's installing new score and ribbon boards, or adding the giant videoboard in the end opposite of the student section, but they haven't done an overall facelift because of other pressing needs. I don't think Rad gives all that much of a ****(He isn't a basketball friendly AD), he'll probably continue with the minor facelift work and be fine with having a solid facility, not a world class one.

What Miami basketball desperately needs is for the fans to consistently show up and give a ****. You get that, a lot of the little whinefests our "Fans" have about there being some visible upperdeck concrete will go away. Frankly, there are few facilities in the country that I've been to that you can get as close to the action as you can at the Watsco, and it's far more affordable than similar seats at a lot of other facilities.

21-9 and 13-6 in ACC. If we said that at the beginning of the bball season many of us would’ve taken that in a heartbeat. With our G play if we can get any consistent play from the bigs we could make a run come tourney time.

Advertisement
Tell me you aren't following college basketball, nor have attended games at other gyms, without telling me. Could the Watsco Center have better concessions? Yes, that's something that should have been fixed years ago. That said, the seating arrangement is **** good, and you have an intimate, solid environment, WHEN PEOPLE SHOW UP.

You go to some of these other on campus facilities, it's amazing how utterly awful they are in person, makes you wonder how anyone can have an issue with the minor issues at Watsco. Cameron is a POS that people jerk off over because of "History". The Dean Dome is a pro arena masquerading as a college facility, same with the Yum! Center. I've been to McKale in Tucson, and honestly it's a dark, dingy facility that has a really nice scoreboard and little else. No one talks about those facilities needing anything because people show up and the energy is always high. Miami has renovated in pieces, whether it's installing new score and ribbon boards, or adding the giant videoboard in the end opposite of the student section, but they haven't done an overall facelift because of other pressing needs. I don't think Rad gives all that much of a ****(He isn't a basketball friendly AD), he'll probably continue with the minor facelift work and be fine with having a solid facility, not a world class one.

What Miami basketball desperately needs is for the fans to consistently show up and give a ****. You get that, a lot of the little whinefests our "Fans" have about there being some visible upperdeck concrete will go away. Frankly, there are few facilities in the country that I've been to that you can get as close to the action as you can at the Watsco, and it's far more affordable than similar seats at a lot of other facilities.
Watsco Center isn't a bad spot to watch a game. Matter of fact, aside from the lighting and concessions, I think it's one of the better bball facilities in the ACC. To me, Dean Dome is still the best college basketball building that I've visited. The history in that place as you walk around the concourse area is second to none. LittleJohn Coliseum's (Clemson) coolest feature to me is that it's mainly under ground. When you walk thru the front doors you have to take steep stairs down to the court. I like the Thrillerdome (GaTech) as well. No major complaints about theirs. VaTech's is meh. The Carrier Dome might be good to watch a football game, but unless your seats are near the court it's terrible place for basketball. The worse in the ACC has to be the Leon Co Civic Center in Trailerhassee. That place is. a dump. Gotta disagree with you on Cameron Indoor. It definitely isn't the most modern but walking into that place is like walking into the OB or Fenway Park. As a college basketball fan I got chills my first time there.

Outside of the ACC, I thought Assembly Hall was another great place to watch a game. The Hoosier State definitely passionate about their basketball. They love hoops same way we love football down here.

Watsco Center isn't a bad spot to watch a game. Matter of fact, aside from the lighting and concessions, I think it's one of the better bball facilities in the ACC. To me, Dean Dome is still the best college basketball building that I've visited. The history in that place as you walk around the concourse area is second to none. LittleJohn Coliseum's (Clemson) coolest feature to me is that it's mainly under ground. When you walk thru the front doors you have to take steep stairs down to the court. I like the Thrillerdome (GaTech) as well. No major complaints about theirs. VaTech's is meh. The Carrier Dome might be good to watch a football game, but unless your seats are near the court it's terrible place for basketball. The worse in the ACC has to be the Leon Co Civic Center in Trailerhassee. That place is. a dump. Gotta disagree with you on Cameron Indoor. It definitely isn't the most modern but walking into that place is like walking into the OB or Fenway Park. As a college basketball fan I got chills my first time there.

Outside of the ACC, I thought Assembly Hall was another great place to watch a game. The Hoosier State definitely passionate about their basketball. They love hoops same way we love football down here.
Cassel Coliseum is a POS. It's a huge auditorium, hardly a top end basketball facility.

People love to jerk off over Cameron, but it's a miserable place to watch a game. Seats are awful and uncomfortable, restrooms are a rumor and there aren't any concessions worth a ****. It's worse than the OB, because at least you could tailgate before heading into the OB, and it was outside.

Cassel Coliseum is a POS. It's a huge auditorium, hardly a top end basketball facility.

People love to jerk off over Cameron, but it's a miserable place to watch a game. Seats are awful and uncomfortable, restrooms are a rumor and there aren't any concessions worth a ****. It's worse than the OB, because at least you could tailgate before heading into the OB, and it was outside.
Yeah Cassel Coliseum wasn't impressive. The practice facility up there was nicer. As far as Durham, I don't see it that way, but to each their own. The same way I disagreed with people who bad mouthed the OB back in the day, I have to disagree with you here. Cameron Indoor certainly doesn't have all the amenities of a modern day facility, but from a historical standpoint it's still a pretty cool venue. Small, cozy place with tons of bleacher seating. What can I say? I have an affinity for the old school joints. Loved Fenway, Wrigley, the OB and as much as I despise the Irish and it was a game we gave away, I enjoyed their stadium and visiting TD Jesus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back