Miami adds Central Connecticut to our Non-conference schedule for 2021

I don’t understand how time and time again people get mad for scheduling games like this. It’s and easy W when we open up season against bama what else do you guys want

It's just frustrating that Blake can't get one of the Florida FCS schools on the schedule annually... We have FAMU and Bethune in our backyard, they have big local alumni bases and great marching bands, it's an easy win and a nice feel-good in-state community-builder. If you're gonna schedule an FCS cupcake, this should ALWAYS be it.

Instead, we're paying these random *** schools from god knows where $600k+ to come to Hard Rock for a pointless game... Blake is a true incompetent for not figuring this out.

Advertisement
I don’t understand how time and time again people get mad for scheduling games like this. It’s and easy W when we open up season against bama what else do you guys want
How about open the season with Central CT or App St then follow up with Bama.

You play to your competition in just about anything. To improve you need to play teams better than you. When you get to where we where in the glory days that happens only on the practice field. Bama got that good for a couple years, but it hard to maintain. What we did for 20 years was unmatched. Play this chump teams has turned us into one of them.
Even during our greatest years we sometimes played down to lower competition.

Former Canes assistant Dave Campo is a CCSU alum. Knew we had a connection there. Some of our best assistants over the years played at small schools....Bob Karmelowicz played at Bridgeport, Tony Wise at Ithaca....I'm sure there were many others.

Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken, we've played an FCS team every single year since the regular season expanded to 12 games.

Anyway, I was hoping 2021 was the year that would finally end that streak.

If I'm not mistaken, we've played an FCS team every single year since the regular season expanded to 12 games.

Anyway, I was hoping 2021 was the year that would finally end that streak.
If Miami wasn't playing Bama then it might have. Miami needs to do what they did in 2016 to App State. Get them back for that hoe who claims Miami players were sexually harassing band members.

When I read the title of this post, I assumed we were talking about women's tennis or some other similar sport, at worst, perhaps basketball...
Nope. F me.

Advertisement
If Miami wasn't playing Bama then it might have. Miami needs to do what they did in 2016 to App State. Get them back for that hoe who claims Miami players were sexually harassing band members.
We got them back when we blew them the fu ck out.

Central Conneticut St is a D1 FCS school in the Northeast conference (same conference as our 2020 opponent Wagner).

They went 11-2 & lost in the FCS playoffs to Albany. They are coached by Ryan McCarthy who was QB's coach/OC of Albany for 13 years.

Heckuva job, Blakie...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Plus, we get more exposure in the Northeast!

In all serious, while I do believe UM needs to schedule as many 'easy' wins as possible till they get their bearings back, I mean, this is taking it to the extreme. During the 80s when Miami was an independent and basically had to find 9 or 10 games from scratch (as FSU was a yearly rivalry, and Florida quit the series after 87) I dont recall them playing teams like Milt Wagner and C-Span Conn.

But hey, 10 wins or bust!!!

Advertisement
Back