Miami adds Central Connecticut to our Non-conference schedule for 2021

We need a feel good game after that start. Bama might just beat the whole season out of us on national television

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's a pretty rugged non-conf actually...

I mean Mich St. may be on a downswing, as of now, but that's a top 3 program, a top 35 program, and a top 60 (AT THE VERY WORST), football program right now. Nothing wrong with that, and bout time...I want us to play hella-tough non-conf

Last edited:

Central Conneticut St is a D1 FCS school in the Northeast conference (same conference as our 2020 opponent Wagner).

They went 11-2 & lost in the FCS playoffs to Albany. They are coached by Ryan McCarthy who was QB's coach/OC of Albany for 13 years.

That's a tough non-conference schedule.

Advertisement
No problem at all with this. The prior 3 games will be legit. Hopefully we're good enough by then where we can clear the bench in front of ACC schedule. Go Canes.

Comparing our OOC schedule to Alabama? They play SEC teams that are competitive and ranked. In 2017, when UCF went undefeated they played #22 USF, #16 Memphis and #10 Auburn. What opponent next season do we play that would be ranked in the top 40? The garbage they schedule, and lose to, is beyond shameful.

“We challenged our guys all week. We talked about how we played off a bye before and how we played in the Central Michigan game and that lesson was not taught and that goes on to me. It just didn’t happen and I have to take the responsibility for that.”

Advertisement
Comparing our OOC schedule to Alabama? They play SEC teams that are competitive and ranked. In 2017, when UCF went undefeated they played #22 USF, #16 Memphis and #10 Auburn. What opponent next season do we play that would be ranked in the top 40? The garbage they schedule, and lose to, is beyond shameful.

“We challenged our guys all week. We talked about how we played off a bye before and how we played in the Central Michigan game and that lesson was not taught and that goes on to me. It just didn’t happen and I have to take the responsibility for that.”
You play to your competition in just about anything. To improve you need to play teams better than you. When you get to where we where in the glory days that happens only on the practice field. Bama got that good for a couple years, but it hard to maintain. What we did for 20 years was unmatched. Play this chump teams has turned us into one of them.

Advertisement
OOC schedule is Alabama, Michigan State, a solid Appalachian State team and Central Connecticut. I’m OK with this. They’re a much better FCS opponent than FAMU or Bethune Cookman. At least from an on-field perspective.

Anyone *****ing just lives in a bubble ( which isn't a bad idea at the moment LOL ) we play MSU , App St and Bama that year. We could play a HS school team instead of Central Conn and it wouldn't matter . That non con schedule is insane.

Advertisement
Back