Miami adds Central Connecticut to our Non-conference schedule for 2021

In all serious, while I do believe UM needs to schedule as many 'easy' wins as possible till they get their bearings back, I mean, this is taking it to the extreme. During the 80s when Miami was an independent and basically had to find 9 or 10 games from scratch (as FSU was a yearly rivalry, and Florida quit the series after 87) I dont recall them playing teams like Milt Wagner and C-Span Conn.

But hey, 10 wins or bust!!!
Fwiw I do agree with this too. I get it. Just seems different these days for most teams

Advertisement
Imagine if we actually lost to an FCS opponent.

In some ways, that might be a good thing. It would hopefully discourage Miami from scheduling an FCS opponent again, so that we wouldn't possibly suffer a second FCS humiliation.

Who was the first FCS?

I'm saying that if we lost to CCU, that would be our first loss to an FCS team in a long time. And that would hopefully discourage us from scheduling an FCS team again, in order to avoid another Central Connecticut debacle.

(Miami actually lost to FAMU in 1979, although FAMU was much better in those days and nobody remembers that game at this point.)

Advertisement
Former Canes assistant Dave Campo is a CCSU alum. Knew we had a connection there. Some of our best assistants over the years played at small schools....Bob Karmelowicz played at Bridgeport, Tony Wise at Ithaca....I'm sure there were many others.

that list right there, that was some real coaching talent that came through the U in that era....

People miss that, staffs/coaching absolutely matter

this is what I would call a 'Redshirt Game' anyone that's going to redshirt, or coming off a redshirt season -- will play a lot of snaps in this game...
Good point

I know injuries are always a concern here but that stuff just happens

Only GREAT teams should have their fans crying about who they schedule.... How this past season went, nothing... I mean NOTHING is guaranteed.

Advertisement
Connecticut is a recruiting hotbed, we need to raise our profile there.

Maybe for Basketball........ for football?

I don't think so....can't recall ANY nationally recruited CT star athlete in football. So why go there to compete against CCU and UConn.

Advertisement
Back