Miami 7-8 defenders near LOS Nebraska

Take away the best player (Abdullah), and make the rest of them beat you. Tackling was bad. Gameplan was bad. Coaches were bad. Players were bad (because they aren't coached well enough).

Advertisement
Almost everyone one of our DBs will be in the NFL, yet we can't cover anyone ever. Got it.

I've been trying to tell people that this is why we left the safeties out in outer space for the rest of the game

One mistake was made out there in the secondary in this stupid zone scheme and Golden and his buddy **** their pants and kept in that 3-4 formation the rest of the game waiting for mistakes by Nebraska

They're too scared to coach here. Kids make mistakes. You don't just scrap trying to defend the run bcuz you got beat ONE time

Wasn't Armbrister covering that wr? Or was it a db playing 30 yards off the ball? But seriously if it was Armbrister I wonder why he got beat by a wr.

Advertisement
Bush rolled down and blitzed.
Armbrister was a flat defender.
Gunter was playing deep 3rd.
Crawford, for whatever reason, rolled down to the hook-curl zone. (didn't look like he jumped to me, looked like he rolled down on purpose)

Regardless..

This has nothing to do with our frustrations about Cover-2 vs Cover-3. The problem is that we play Cover-2 against RUN HEAVY FORMATIONS. The formation Nebraska scored their first TD on was trips. I don't expect us to load the box against four WR's. However, when the offense comes out with a Fullback, Tight End or multiple TE's I expect us to adjust and put people in the box, especially on short yardage situations.

Advertisement
Different offensive formations require defenses to place different numbers in the box.

The more players the offense puts in the box, the more the defense should put in the box. Nobody is asking Miami to load the box against spread formations.

Hmm let's see. OP with 23 posts joined in Sept defends the gameplan of a braindead staff that fields the worst defense in Miami history year after year. Seems legit......

Different offensive formations require defenses to place different numbers in the box.

The more players the offense puts in the box, the more the defense should put in the box. Nobody is asking Miami to load the box against spread formations.

Sure seems like they are.

Advertisement
Drew, you're full of **** if you think you have a good or dangerous passing attack. You put too much stock in one busted coverage. No DC worth half a **** asked a one dimensional team to ram rod that one dimension down your throat all night because you might be scared of the significantly weaker dimension. It's buffoonery.

You'll see when you play a competent defense in Michigan State.

Drew, you're full of **** if you think you have a good or dangerous passing attack. You put too much stock in one busted coverage. No DC worth half a **** asked a one dimensional team to ram rod that one dimension down your throat all night because you might be scared of the significantly weaker dimension. It's buffoonery.

You'll see when you play a competent defense in Michigan State.

The Nebraska QB throws like a RB on a wildcat play. Drewdles and Golden and anyone else who feared his passing are nuts. If I'm a DC, I hope he throws 50 times on me.

Advertisement
Even if that deep pass early backed us off on intermediate downs, why did we have two safeties deep on every 3rd and short?

We didn't.

I think maybe what he means is why did we show 2-deep pre-snap. We rolled our Safety down often, but late. If you're saying we didn't at all, you and I saw different things. Here are a few quick examples:
Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 11.18.44 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 11.38.54 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 11.22.44 AM.jpg

I've been trying to tell people that this is why we left the safeties out in outer space for the rest of the game

One mistake was made out there in the secondary in this stupid zone scheme and Golden and his buddy **** their pants and kept in that 3-4 formation the rest of the game waiting for mistakes by Nebraska

They're too scared to coach here. Kids make mistakes. You don't just scrap trying to defend the run bcuz you got beat ONE time
Biggest pussies in the game. These coaches are terrified of their own shadow. And the message it sends to your players basically tells them you have no faith in them or their abilities. **** these coaches and the admins that have yet to fire any of them.

Even if that deep pass early backed us off on intermediate downs, why did we have two safeties deep on every 3rd and short?

We didn't.

I think maybe what he means is why did we show 2-deep pre-snap. We rolled our Safety down often, but late. If you're saying we didn't at all, you and I saw different things. Here are a few quick examples:
View attachment 25931

View attachment 25932

View attachment 25933

LOL, that bottom shot 10 on 7 in the frame on 3rd and 2... LB's are 5 yards back and haven't even reacted to the flow.

lol at some Nebraska *** starting **** cause his team beat the canes. Can't wait for those inbred hicks to get throttled by a real team

Advertisement
Back