Miami (+5.5) @ UVA 2/5 7PM

Advertisement
No point guard, no help for Omier. L did not hit the portal nearly hard enough. Couple that with Pack regressing, Wooga disappointing, injuries disrupting chemistry, and lack of development/bad recruiting on the bench, and you have this
Who were we going to get that was willing to play 10 to 15 minutes per night? I think Jim was held hostage when 8 kids came in post season interviews saying they were hitting the portal. Miller and Wong were gone although Wong had not declared. Omier and Pack were considering the league. That means that the other 8 scholarship players were out the door. Jim was scrambling to hold the roster. Then you go into the season where Jim was saying he was having trouble getting their attention. They were thinking more league than Miami ball. The loss of Miller is more impactful than we all thought it would be. He was the leader of this team, period. I'd suspect Jim is blowing up the roster. When we were undermanned those 3 years after the FBI bull**** with injuries Jim was coaching his *** off. The kids were responding. We did not have the horses, but the effort was there. It is clear Casey and Watson were disappointing and have already checked out. Robinson is a good kid, but he is no better than a walk on. Nwoko and Djobet are playing hard. We knew Djobet were a kid that needed to be developed and nobody expect him to play more than a handful of games.

Jfc he’s had one disappointing season after having two incredible ones. You can’t possibly be serious with this crap.

I bet you thought he should quit in ‘22 as well right before the elite eight run?
OK. You obviously are not getting my point. This is not a knock on Coach L at all. He is great. He has done unimaginable things for our basketball program. He is one of the best to ever do it. I don't think it is "crap" to think that he would walk away from what college athletics has become at his age. Could you blame him for following Nick Saben and Jay Wrights footsteps?

Coach L is fed up. I think he is gonna follow the CFB coaching trend and just call it a career after this year. He is a hall of famer, old school guy that is likable. Losses like this speak volumes. I guarantee he hates the new portal, NIL stuff. He also probably hates paying these kids and getting his *** beat. He has nothing left to prove. He will go down as the greatest coach in Miami basketball history.

If he decides to retire, Miami should hire Josh Schertz from Indiana St. Google him before you all laugh.
L retiring would be the best for everyone. You don't want a 75 year old coach trying to rebuild a mess he created. He had a great run, but it's time. Most of his far more successful contemporaries have already retired. He needs to follow their lead.

Advertisement
L retiring would be the best for everyone. You don't want a 75 year old coach trying to rebuild a mess he created. He had a great run, but it's time. Most of his far more successful contemporaries have already retired. He needs to follow their lead.
I don't blame him at all. He has been wonderful for Miami basketball. I blame college athletics. The old guys need to get out. Izzo is not to far behind. There is a new breed of coaches that can thrive in this new era of college sports. The old guys know this.

So L retires and our best recruiting class in program history runs for the exits. Yup, sounds like that's best for everyone. LOL. Our fanbase is literally filled with dolts.

L looks like he finally realized that his recruiting evals and roster construction have been utter dogsh*t. Miller and Wong bailed him out a ton last year but the chickens have finally come home to roost.

Always going to appreciate the past two years but unless there are sweeping changes to the ethos of the program, this is a meddling ACC program for the foreseeable future
Shut the **** up you were probably still *****ing saying this team sucks during the elite 8 in 22 and final four game in 23. Don’t come here saying you will always appreciate the last two years when you non stop throw a hissy fit every game like a teenage girl.

Advertisement
So L retires and our best recruiting class in program history runs for the exits. Yup, sounds like that's best for everyone. LOL. Our fanbase is literally filled with dolts.
IU had their best recruiting class in recent history last year and they are worse than we are. They also have a 65 year old coach who is about to get fired, or he can negotiate a very handsome buyout. Just saying.

Who were we going to get that was willing to play 10 to 15 minutes per night? I think Jim was held hostage when 8 kids came in post season interviews saying they were hitting the portal. Miller and Wong were gone although Wong had not declared. Omier and Pack were considering the league. That means that the other 8 scholarship players were out the door. Jim was scrambling to hold the roster. Then you go into the season where Jim was saying he was having trouble getting their attention. They were thinking more league than Miami ball. The loss of Miller is more impactful than we all thought it would be. He was the leader of this team, period. I'd suspect Jim is blowing up the roster. When we were undermanned those 3 years after the FBI bull**** with injuries Jim was coaching his *** off. The kids were responding. We did not have the horses, but the effort was there. It is clear Casey and Watson were disappointing and have already checked out. Robinson is a good kid, but he is no better than a walk on. Nwoko and Djobet are playing hard. We knew Djobet were a kid that needed to be developed and nobody expect him to play more than a handful of games.
Looking at the team how it is now, I want to see Omier, George, Poplar, Djobet, Nwoko back in that order. I’ll be fine with Joesph as the 7th man off the bench and Cleveland is 50/50. Pair that group up with our incoming class, a decent big out of the portal and a PG and things can start being considered serious. Pack, Caesy, Watson and Robinson can hit the road and Im good with it. It’s gonna be a tough ask but I’d rather Coach L be the one in charge to give it a shot.

Looking at the team how it is now, I want to see Omier, George, Poplar, Djobet, Nwoko back in that order. I’ll be fine with Joesph as the 7th man off the bench and Cleveland is 50/50. Pair that group up with our incoming class, a decent big out of the portal and a PG and things can start being considered serious. Pack, Caesy, Watson and Robinson can hit the road and Im good with it. It’s gonna be a tough ask but I’d rather Coach L be the one in charge to give it a shot.
I agree. Would love to have him back for next year. I just wonder if he wants to mess with all of the NIL negotiations and stress that it will demand to make this happen. I can guarantee that he does not like seeing kids that he recruited leave his program under any circumstances also. This is why I stated that retirement may not be that far fetched for the 73 year old coaching legend.

Advertisement
At this point, its safe to say it was a derliction of duty for Coach L to not bring a ball handler in through the portal.

Nobody on the floor can dribble nor direct this offense. Neither Pack nor Joseph are point guards.

L is going have to pull 4 or 5 kids that can play from the portal.

The only kid left on his roster after this year may be Joseph and Nwoko. I think everyone else is gone.

Last edited:
We just don't have enough guys that can handle the ball and beat someone off the dribble to create a shot for someone else when the defense helps.

We have nobody that can dribble well, much less beat someone off the dribble. We don't have anyone that can dribble drive.

Advertisement
IU had their best recruiting class in recent history last year and they are worse than we are. They also have a 65 year old coach who is about to get fired, or he can negotiate a very handsome buyout. Just saying.
IU's class last year wasn't even ranked in the top 10.

I have no doubt he is going to clean out the roster. Again, when 8 kids want to transfer out after going to the Final 4 you know you have a potential issue.
In hindsight, that was a red flag right there. Tbf to L it is the first time any of us are really dealing with this. But from what we’ve seen, in both football and basketball, once players start playing the stay/leave game in the off-season it seems like team chemistry will just never be the same.

Anyone who underestimated Millers importance just wasn’t paying attention or wasn’t too smart. Guys like that aren’t easily if ever replaceable.

Advertisement
Back