Miami (+5.5) @ UVA 2/5 7PM

This is as ****ed off as I’ve ever seen Coach L since he’s been here. He looks disgusted and I can’t say that I blame him.
team isn't coachable
Apparently the nba scouts love George. Would hate to only get him for 1 season but it's trending that way
I just don't see NBA with any of these guys. Omier has an outside chance if he keeps developing his jumper because he is an ELITE athlete. IMO, Omier should play football

Advertisement
This team has talent, but the pieces just don't fit together. The effort is sometimes lacking as if they just expected to get results like last year.

The last few years, the team played better than the sum of its parts. This year, it's well below.
Who do you blame for that?

Another blowout game (#3) like this -- and a season like this -- make me worry about our top recruit, Bethea. Just how "locked down" is he?

Advertisement
Apparently the nba scouts love George. Would hate to only get him for 1 season but it's trending that way
I think that they're more intrigued by the potential of his combination of size and ball handling. he's fairly smart but I don't see the dominance of a first round pick.

When watching the end of the game from his seat away from the team, I gotta wonder what L thinks about defense. After that clinic by UVA, you'd think he might question why his team is on the other end of the defensive spectrum and, if he doesn't wanna teach it, maybe he should hire an assistant who can and will.

This team has talent, but the pieces just don't fit together. The effort is sometimes lacking as if they just expected to get results like last year.

The last few years, the team played better than the sum of its parts. This year, it's well below.
Team sucks on defense and has awful shot selection.

Advertisement
L looks like he finally realized that his recruiting evals and roster construction have been utter dogsh*t. Miller and Wong bailed him out a ton last year but the chickens have finally come home to roost.

Always going to appreciate the past two years but unless there are sweeping changes to the ethos of the program, this is a meddling ACC program for the foreseeable future

Coach L is fed up. I think he is gonna follow the CFB coaching trend and just call it a career after this year. He is a hall of famer, old school guy that is likable. Losses like this speak volumes. I guarantee he hates the new portal, NIL stuff. He also probably hates paying these kids and getting his *** beat. He has nothing left to prove. He will go down as the greatest coach in Miami basketball history.

If he decides to retire, Miami should hire Josh Schertz from Indiana St. Google him before you all laugh.

Advertisement
Coach L is fed up. I think he is gonna follow the CFB coaching trend and just call it a career after this year. He is a hall of famer, old school guy that is likable. Losses like this speak volumes. I guarantee he hates the new portal, NIL stuff. He also probably hates paying these kids and getting his *** beat. He has nothing left to prove. He will go down as the greatest coach in Miami basketball history.

If he decides to retire, Miami should hire Josh Schertz from Indiana St. Google him before you all laugh.
Yea this is a really dumb take. He has the best recruiting class in school history coming in next year. He's not not going to coach them.

Yea this is a really dumb take. He has the best recruiting class in school history coming in next year. He's not not going to coach them.
Do you really think Coach L at his age and his net worth wants to deal with keeping that class together and getting his *** beat every night coming off of a final four run?

Advertisement
Do you really think Coach L at his age and his net worth wants to deal with keeping that class together and getting his *** beat every night coming off of a final four run?
There's going to be a ton of roster turnover after this year. A number of guys are going to be told to portal out, move on to pro ball, etc. I can't see him quitting after one bad season.

There's going to be a ton of roster turnover after this year. A number of guys are going to be told to portal out, move on to pro ball, etc. I can't see him quitting after one bad season.
He has coached for 40 years! He is 73 years old. If you were 73 years old, not performing at your job like you once did and had a ton of money in the bank what would you do?

He has coached for 40 years! He is 73 years old. If you were 73 years old, not performing at your job like you once did and had a ton of money in the bank what would you do?
Jfc he’s had one disappointing season after having two incredible ones. You can’t possibly be serious with this crap.

I bet you thought he should quit in ‘22 as well right before the elite eight run?

It’s crazy how many of you dudes in here have turned or are turning on Coach L!

It’s pretty amazing that he’s been able to get this squad to win 15 games so far this year. Especially considering how terrible 4 of his 5 starters have played for most of the season.

If anyone in here thought Pack, Wooga and Cleveland would play as bad as they have this season, they’re just not being honest!

Sprinkle in the injuries the squad has dealt with and this team is lucky to have won as many games as they have so far this season.

Coach L has some work to do , no doubt about that but there isn’t another coach I’d rather have at the helm to get this teams problems figured out!

Advertisement
Back