Miami 247 Recruiting Ratings - Offensive Line Edition

GojiraCane

All ACC
1673404040384.png

1673358939313.png

1659667011239.png

Francis Mauigoa would be the third highest ranked offensive line recruit since 2002.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
All these list show is that we have recruited well, per recruiting site, & have not reaped the benefits for one reason or another. Lotta wasted talent around here.

Hence the age old argument of talent vs coaching. It’s both. … I often wonder if half these kids would have been better off at a better program smh. Our coaches were so **** bad. And their evals were just as suspect.

Advertisement
A lot of it is from the Coker and Shannon eras, and also from rating miscalculations from that earlier time period. It’s doubtful some of these players would score this highly in a 2022 environment of YT, social media, and mass availability of game footage

A lot of it is from the Coker and Shannon eras, and also from rating miscalculations from that earlier time period. It’s doubtful some of these players would score this highly in a 2022 environment of YT, social media, and mass availability of game footage
True and false. Recruiting OL has ALWAYS been a crapshoot, and always will be. Regardless of era. As long as dudes continue to have elite measurables, bad evaluations and miscalculations will continue. It’s really the hardest thing to do…. looking at video of HS OL and tell whether they’re dominating because they’re just bigger than the kids they line up against, or are they really athletic enough, strong enough, and have the mental makeup to dominate at the next level …. therefore living up to their high ranking.

Advertisement
Anyone hear anything on Laurance Seymore? He was highly regarded as a recruit and I haven't heard anything on practice reports. Granted he's still young but I'm curious as to how he's doing and if he's going to factor this year.

Hence the age old argument of talent vs coaching. It’s both. … I often wonder if half these kids would have been better off at a better program smh. Our coaches were so **** bad. And their evals were just as suspect.
100% they would have. We have plenty of OL who haven’t just made the league but started multiple years. Better coaching and I think mostly better schemes on offense and our OL would have looked much better.

I look at the Patriots every year, no matter if the replace 1, 2 or 3 starters on their OL, they always have a very good if not great OL. The constant has always been they’ve had a great scheme continually to maximize the talent that they do have.

Advertisement
Back