Miami 2018 = Michigan 2017

8 million a year with 20 years left till retirement makes momma bear very comfortable. Your sleeping on the coach and wacking off if you tell your wife you got fired cause you couldn’t fire your boy.
4 million a year close to retirement and you get a buy out into the sunset cause you didn’t fire your boy will give quit a few hall passes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richt walked into a team that just went 8-4, 8-4, 9-3, 10-2.
Harbaugh came in and the season before they were 1-11, prior to that they were 5-6, 4-7, 4-7, 2-9. Richt walked into a MUCH better situation.

Richt inherited a team on the decline, and had them 11-1, then won the SEC and Sugar Bowl in year 2.
Harbaugh, I agree inherited a worse team and took double the time to change them. I don't see how you can compare the 2 and try to say Harbaugh is better based off of that lol.

Richt inherited a team on the decline, and had them 11-1, then won the SEC and Sugar Bowl in year 2.
Harbaugh, I agree inherited a worse team and took double the time to change them. I don't see how you can compare the 2 and try to say Harbaugh is better based off of that lol.

You have got to be kidding me. A team on the decline? The team was literally 8-4 when he got it with an 8-4 the year before. Harbaughs team was truly on the decline with 1-11 then 5-6 the year before.

Not only that, but UGA is in the 4th most talent rich state with no instate rivals. Stanford is in the 3rd most talent rich state and they have 3 instate rivals and they were by far the least respected of the schools among recruits. Add in the fact that they have much tougher admissions standards it is much harder to actually accomplish much at Stanford.

Anyone that isn't massivley biased towards Richt can see what Harbaugh did was way more impressive.

You have got to be kidding me. A team on the decline? The team was literally 8-4 when he got it with an 8-4 the year before. Harbaughs team was truly on the decline with 1-11 then 5-6 the year before.

Not only that, but UGA is in the 4th most talent rich state with no instate rivals. Stanford is in the 3rd most talent rich state and they have 3 instate rivals and they were by far the least respected of the schools among recruits. Add in the fact that they have much tougher admissions standards it is much harder to actually accomplish much at Stanford.

Anyone that isn't massivley biased towards Richt can see what Harbaugh did was way more impressive.

-10-2, 9-3, 8-4, 8-4. Is that not a decline? We went 10-3 this year, and even though we only have 4 losses instead of 6, would you not say we're a dumpster fire in decline?
-Harbaughs team wasn't on a decline, they were just straight up ***.

-I'm not biased towards Richt

If we're being technical, Harbaugh finished that last season at 11-1, if there was a playoff,he wouldn't have made it. It would've been Auburn(undefeated), Oregon (undefeated), TCU (Undefeated), and Wisconsin( 1 loss as well, they finished the regular season at #4). UGA was ranked #3 behind Miami/OSU that year.

-Also, SEC> Pac-10.

Last edited:
10-2, 9-3, 8-4, 8-4. Is that not a decline? Harbaughs team wasn't on a decline, they were just straight up ***. Also, SEC> Pac-12.

It is literally is a very small decline. 2 games is not some crazy decline that is going to have recruits jumping ship. In fact Richts best year was with the prior coaches Recruits. he was never able to assemble as good a team as what he was left with.

That said stanford went from winning 4-5 games a season to straight up 1-11 season. That is a major decline.

You are right SEC>Pac 12, but UGA is historically one of the top SEC teams they have the second most SEC Titles only behind Bama and only 2 of them are from Richt. Richt got all of the benefits of being in the SEC(AP ranking Bump, Recruiting class bump, SEC bag dropping, etc.) while only having to play one SEC power house team(FLorida) every year and Florida only had an elite coaching staff for 5 of those years so the other 10 years he was coaching their he should have been the big dog int he SEC.

Advertisement
It is literally is a very small decline. 2 games is not some crazy decline that is going to have recruits jumping ship. In fact Richts best year was with the prior coaches Recruits. he was never able to assemble as good a team as what he was left with.

You mean he never was a bad pass by Aaron Murray away from beating Bama and going to the National Championship game in 2012?

Richt walked into a team that just went 8-4, 8-4, 9-3, 10-2.
Harbaugh came in and the season before they were 1-11, prior to that they were 5-6, 4-7, 4-7, 2-9. Richt walked into a MUCH better situation.

FINALLY!!! THANK U! God I’m sick of these narratives for Richt. It’s f’ing annoying.

-10-2, 9-3, 8-4, 8-4. Is that not a decline? We went 10-3 this year, and even though we only have 4 losses instead of 6, would you not say we're a dumpster fire in decline?
-Harbaughs team wasn't on a decline, they were just straight up ***.

-I'm not biased towards Richt

If we're being technical, Harbaugh finished that last season at 11-1, if there was a playoff,he wouldn't have made it. It would've been Auburn(undefeated), Oregon (undefeated), TCU (Undefeated), and Wisconsin( 1 loss as well, they finished the regular season at #4). UGA was ranked #3 behind Miami/OSU that year.

-Also, SEC> Pac-10.

I just saw you edited this. You do realize Stanford was ranked 4th in the BCS rankings during their bowl game right? That means they would have made the playoff if you want to be technical. The only time Richt was actually top 4 in the BCS rankings was with the prior coaches team in 02.

Advertisement
FINALLY!!! THANK U! God I’m sick of these narratives for Richt. It’s f’ing annoying.

LMAO! Bro. They act like Richt walked into some small school in a state with no talent that was consistently missing bowls. He was in one of the most talent rich states with no in state competition for the talent. Not only that, but UGA is not some trash school like they make it out. They have the second most SEC titles of any school of all time. Only Bama has more.

I just saw you edited this. You do realize Stanford was ranked 4th in the BCS rankings during their bowl game right? That means they would have made the playoff if you want to be technical. The only time Richt was actually top 4 in the BCS rankings was with the prior coaches team in 02.

Stanford was ranked 4th in the final after they won their bowl game. Unless wikipedia failed my nitpicking lol

You mean Richt pulled a Richt and lost a big game as per usual? He also was 1 bad pass away from losing to Kentucky that year.

True, which is why I don't think Richt will do the job here. But the point remains that he had a team built that would've beaten his old 2002 squad "from another coach"

Stanford was ranked 4th in the final after they won. Unless wikipedia failed my nitpicking lol

They were ranked 5th in the AP before the bowl game, but they were ranked 4th in the BCS before the bowl game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Orange_Bowl

In those days the rank next to the teams name was the BCS ranking during bowl games. Here is the game and you can see they were ranked 4th.

Richt only was ranked 1 time by the BCS within the top 4 and that was 02. He was 7 in the BCS before his bowl game in 2013 and 2007 he was 5th before the bowl game so he would have missed the playoffs both years. He only made it with Jim Donnans recruits.

Advertisement
True, which is why I don't think Richt will do the job here. But the point remains that he had a team built that would've beaten his old 2002 squad "from another coach"

All he had to do in 02 was beat a Zook UF team that was bad even for a Zook team. I don't see how you can say that team would beat the 02 UGA squad. They beat Bama in 02 also.

LMAO! Bro. They act like Richt walked into some small school in a state with no talent that was consistently missing bowls. He was in one of the most talent rich states with no in state competition for the talent. Not only that, but UGA is not some trash school like they make it out. They have the second most SEC titles of any school of all time. Only Bama has more.

Facts bro. Like I get it, he’s our coach, but cats r going way out their way to justify and defend this dude. Bet $ if he was the coach at any other school none of these false narratives would b coming up.

They done compared this dude to Butch’s tenure here, forgetting Butch was a 1st yr head coach, EVER.

They talking about how great he was at developing QBs when 1. Charlie Ward became great AFTER BRAD SCOTT changed up the play calls to better exploit Ward’s ability 2. Chris Weinke was like 35 yrs old playing against 19 yr old kids and 3. Matt Stanford was the # 1 ranked QB coming out and he did jack chit w him at the helm. Dude had loaded teams and still found a way to lose 3 games/yr w Stafford.

He is who he is. He’s a good coach that, w/ the right support system, can win some games and make things competitive to give false hope. When things r not ideal, he’s mediocre at best.

All he had to do in 02 was beat a Zook UF team that was bad even for a Zook team. I don't see how you can say that team would beat the 02 UGA squad. They beat Bama in 02 also.

Beating Bama in 02 < Beating Bama with Saban outside of year 1.

Not hard to imagine that the 2012 squad could rival / beat the 02 squad.

Advertisement
Facts bro. Like I get it, he’s our coach, but cats r going way out their way to justify and defend this dude. Bet $ if he was the coach at any other school none of these false narratives would b coming up.

They done compared this dude to Butch’s tenure here, forgetting Butch was a 1st yr head coach, EVER.

They talking about how great he was at developing QBs when 1. Charlie Ward became great AFTER BRAD SCOTT changed up the play calls to better exploit Ward’s ability 2. Chris Weinke was like 35 yrs old playing against 19 yr old kids and 3. Matt Stanford was the # 1 ranked QB coming out and he did jack chit w him at the helm. Dude had loaded teams and still found a way to lose 3 games/yr w Stafford.

He is who he is. He’s a good coach that, w/ the right support system, can win some games and make things competitive to give false hope. When things r not ideal, he’s mediocre at best.

What false narratives? Just cuz he at our school?

We speaking facts. UGA was #3 in 2002. Is that not a fact?
If UGA beats Bama in 2012 SEC, who else would go to the Natty that year over UGA?
Did the 2 RBs that carried UGA to the Natty last year get recruited by Richt or naw? Sony Michel ain't get snatched up from South Florida?
Play calling was so bad last year that if Rosier could actually hit the deep ball against Pitt we would've had our first undefeated regular season since 02.

Y'all stay riding everyone **** and claiming everyone that touch our coaching staff is *** and everyone else is better.

People stay on Jim Harbaugh, Gary Patterson, and Chip Kelly nuts. But which of them has a Natty? Which one of them coached at Miami? People still pump these cats up as "better than Richt any day of the week"

People give Mark D'antonio TONS of respect (including me) guess what?
Mark D has coached 11 full seasons at Mich St and won 8 or less games in a season 4 times. Including going 3-9.
Mark Richt first 11 seasons he loss 8 or less games 3 times, with 6 being the lowest.
BOTH of them only won the conference twice. BOTH of them had 6 seasons with 10+ wins.
Mark Richt took over that job as a first stint, Mich St. is D'antonio's second stint because he coached at Cincy first.
Go ahead, say it...Richt has more talent...whose fault is that? Why D'antonio ain't recruiting better?
D'antonio took his team to the playoffs just to get smacked 38-0 by Bama, then followed it up with a 3-9 season???
All im saying is give the respect when its due. He underachieved at UGA because he never won the ship..but don't act like it isn't quality coaches out there that aren't doing the same.

Last edited:
Patterson is not the type of qb that Harbaugh normally recruits....but Harbaugh made the change and adjusted to Pattersons strengths.....and the rest they say is.....

Don’t look at the last few years. It has been 15 years that we have been lousy. 4 bad coaches and not enough elite players. We are not going to hire a top coach. Next coach will be a combination of last 4. Best high school players reluctant to go to a program that is in turmoil. We will always grab a few elite players, but we need several on offense and defense. There is nothing in the future that allows me to think positive about Canes football. In February this forum will explode when they see how poor our recruiting class is.

I will say this in defense of richt if the WR doesn’t catch the batted ball and they score and beat bama in the Sec championship he wins a Natty. Blows out ND and has a ring so he can do it just has been bad here of late

Advertisement
Back