Miami 2018 = Michigan 2017

Advertisement
You had to be an ultimate buffoon to criticize Jim Harbaugh for anything he had done at Michigan. The foundational strength was overwhelming. Michigan finished first in the nation in yards allowed per pass attempt during his first season in 2015. They finished first nationally again in that category in 2016. They dropped only to 6th last year during a transitional disappointing season.

And this year they are first nationally again. Don Brown and Harbaugh combined is a stifling combination. It is glorious to watch. I'd love to see Alabama vs. Michigan.

That pass defense category dictates outcomes. If you stay at or near the top you'll have more than your share of special seasons. Only a moron would even think of getting rid of Harbaugh, given the dominance in that category. Harbaugh has had a bad split in the pivotal close games, the worse I've ever seen given the sustained excellence in pass defense. The morons will be out in force again, if he loses to Ohio State. They know nothing but they are loud.

Canes are third nationally in that category this season. We don't have the sustained superiority of Michigan but there is certainly plenty to work with on that side of the ball. Last year we finished 16 and the year before 12.

Glad to see we’ve moved on from rationalizing via the 1999 hurricanes now to Notre Dame and Michigan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Inapplicable, right 8 million dollar jimmy gets a pass for 4 years of dung
He doesn’t get a pass from me because I don’t give a fck about him, and his team and situation has absolutely nothing to do with us.

On top of that, he fired some offensive assistants after last season including one of his best buddies who was with him a long time.

His team is slightly better offensively than last year, but Brown’s defense is better by far than anything we’ve ever fielded under Rickety. Brown is an incredible DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Patterson’s the real deal but their defense is special. Would have killed to see devin bush in a canes uni
Qjd.gif

I love these inapplicable attempts at parallels to make ourselves feel better. How many times have we been the 1999 Canes over the last 15 years?
Patterson’s the real deal but their defense is special. Would have killed to see devin bush in a canes uni

Our defense is special too, would like to see Mich D with avg starting field position of mid field and 15 point a game, oh that’s their last 2 years nm

Advertisement
Back