Miami 2.5 dog vs BC

You misunderstood my sarcasm if you took it as advocating Canes to lose. If you check my other posts you will see many sarcastic attempts at humor as well as pro-Canes wishes.

There are hundreds of active posters here who can't stomach anyone whose last name starts with R. (I actually defend Richt some times (and get bashed) when I suggest execution is more the cause of our doldrums than play-calling, and that it starts with disappointing QBs.) Though it is actually a bittersweet rooting challenge for many when Rosier is in there (when you think it's a bad choice); as you don't want to see him play poorly enough for the Canes to lose, but the "I told you so" feelings that support him being replaced by another - are in the back of your mind.

As for Rosier I dumped on him as "mediocre" and inaccurate (in another forum) early last year even as we were on our luck-filled win-streak. That forum was so-against any player-criticism "just a kid, unpaid, think of his mommy reading" etc; that I voluntarily left. (CIS seems to pretty much allow that.) It really is infuriating that the Richts have rolled with him for so long, and now, here we are.

Hope it's all cool going forward. GO CANES!
Fair enough. Your first post and even your explanation afterwards definitely didn't read like sarcasm. Perhaps I misunderstood you. We good.

Again, I do not in any way feel it would be a good thing for Rosier to have a bad game (which likely means we lose and are out of the coastal race) even if it results in him getting permanently benched. I definitely feel that would be a step backwards and would further add to the disfunction going on. I think rosier is mediocre at best and has always been that way. It's not his fault, thats who he is. You can't take Scott Covington and turn him into John Elway. He should have never been a starter for the University of Miami. But at this point I don't give a damm who is under center, I want us to win games.

Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a good quarterback option for this 2018 season. So I'm fine with whoever the staff thinks gives us the best chance to get a W (especially while conference goals are still alive) and hopefully we can shore up that position in 2019 somehow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back