Miami -1 vs LSU

Coach O hasn't recruited nearly as well as Miles did(bama owns that state now )They still have no QB, lost their best player on offense and three starters in the secondary plus a lot more guys left lsu early than UM. I believe it was 8 total for them not including all the seniors. They'll be very young.

So with that being said I don't think they can score more than 17 and we have the Wrs to expose them, just gotta get put it in their **** hands. Canes by 14

Advertisement
Who cares. Betting is a losing proposition unless one devotes incredible time to the research.

Also, gambling is NOT an addiction. A person's internal chemical balance is not changed by placing a bet. Alcohol and drugs literally change the brain's make-up. People who gamble recklessly are not "addicted" they are dumb. Lack of intelligence does not equate to addiction!

What an abysmal post. There are plenty of legitimately destructive addictions that do not involve a chemical imbalance in the brain. Good lord.

Who cares. Betting is a losing proposition unless one devotes incredible time to the research.

Also, gambling is NOT an addiction. A person's internal chemical balance is not changed by placing a bet. Alcohol and drugs literally change the brain's make-up. People who gamble recklessly are not "addicted" they are dumb. Lack of intelligence does not equate to addiction!

Do you have a link to any research that backs up your claim?

Is **** an addiction?

I know it's still early in the year, but your post has to be a leader for the worst post of the year.

It's not too late to make a New Year's resolution. I would suggest you post less.

:busmoon:

I mean, just, why? What has this post accomplished? Is it your goal in life to **** off, offend, or just plain hurt people who have been affected by, as you put it, "reckless" gambling? I don't understand the relevance to the topic at hand, nor the purpose for stating your opinion on this topic here. Why would you bother to post such a thing? What's your point?

Is **** an addiction?

I know it's still early in the year, but your post has to be a leader for the worst post of the year.

It's not too late to make a New Year's resolution. I would suggest you post less.

**** is a good addiction, and I believe it effects my internal chemical balance

Advertisement
easy m money. i expect the odds to move to 5 once Perry balls out in the sprint game

Is **** an addiction?

**** is a good addiction, and I believe it effects my internal chemical balance

LOL. Thxs for sharing that Texx. I'm sure your sperm count is lower than most then.

Gambling is not an addiction. Heavy gamblers lack common sense and average intelligence. You cannot become addicted to gambling.

Advertisement
easy m money. i expect the odds to move to 5 once Perry balls out in the sprint game

That's not the way it works. The teams are considered on the same level. That's why you have sharp posters in this thread who estimated between LSU -2 and Miami -3.5.

Miami's power rating is not going to soar based on some indications or rumors from the spring game. Adjusters want to believe in some fanciful subjective world in which oddsmakers and sharps are making decisions on the fly and wildly changing their opinion. That's what the public does. The oddsmakers and sharps are exactly the opposite. They have a foundational point of view. If Miami somehow became a 5 point favorite based on N'Kosi Perry in the spring game, those sharps would say thank you very much I'll happily ignore it completely and take LSU +5 under big picture knowledge that the programs are not separated in ability level. They are making decisions based on 1000 or 10,000 similar examples, not anything specific to this game.

That's what the public often fails to grasp. The full time bettors don't care about your team one way or another. They are making decisions that logically will pay off if applied time after time. It is a grind, not an obsession. Fans are obsessed. Those betting groups didn't jump in on Miami heavily against Virginia Tech because they love the Canes personnel and the direction the program is headed. It was two basically equal programs with the road team favored. Those groups amended the line accordingly.

If you live in Las Vegas full time within the sports betting world, one aspect that is immediately striking is so little discussion about specific players. Nobody cares about players. When I appeared on the sports handicapping program on KDWN for years the other panel members and audience members would give me a funny look when I started mentioning certain players. It was like...what does that have to do with anything? They want to know about some situational or statistical angle that allows a hidden edge to one side or another. It is a 100% different world than the sports media presents. Those angles are never mentioned at all by the media.

Notice in this link that I have posted many times, there is not one peep about a player on either team. This is how the line is set. They do not talk about players or matchups or anything related:

The Making of the Line - Vegas Seven

Even if N'Kosi Perry becomes an awesome player, he doesn't have benefit of a doubt at this stage, and would not have that benefit of a doubt even if he shines in the spring game. Later in his career if he were a well known dominant player and suddenly became injured, now that could impact the spread on Canes games. There can be a quick adjustment for certain pivotal players, especially at quarterback. The adjustment is downward, not upward.

Otherwise the line is only adjusted radically upon a rash of injuries or absences. We're still far away from game day but the only logical method for the Canes to become a substantial favorite over LSU is for the Tigers to lose a high number of significant players, for whatever reason...injuries, suspension, etc.

Last edited:
Point of note: The bloviator above me has never once porsted a pick before a game here.

Ever.

Not close to true but actually much closer to accurate than typical for you.

I seem to remember posting not long ago that I took Alabama at 14/1 to win the national championship. How did that work out?I posted it on at least 4 or 5 forums. It was after they lost to Auburn but before the SEC Championship Game. All I needed was Wisconsin to lose to Ohio State as 6.5 point underdog, and suddenly I'm the favorite in every game. I also posted on Finheaven that I took Alabama -1.5 points against Clemson as soon as that line came out, since Alabama always dominates games in this era when the pointspread merely asks them to win the game.

If I don't post picks here it's for a simple reason: I don't respect the caliber of poster who typically responds to those threads. It is juvenile galore. Poptimus the new poster is a rare exception. We used to post frequent picks on Canesport.

Regardless, I'm thrilled you remain so scared of me. In fact, it was a darn shame that "worst poster" thread was locked tonight. I needed a great laugh. Anyone who would contemplate a thread like that or post in it is a trembling world class wimp. This board is full of posters who are petrified of anything that doesn't qualify as loud conventional wisdom.

Last edited:
[MENTION=2134]Awsi Dooger[/MENTION] over the years I have come to rely on your YPPA and anti-revenge first half angles when analyzing games, particularly the latter in the NFL and college basketball. I think there's been some decent discussion here about spreads and whatnot. Miami -1, as I'm sure you know, is not the true opener. Even what the Golden Nugget puts out in June for its Games of the Year aren't true opening lines and I'm not even factoring in injuries that will assuredly occur between now and September. I would not be surprised to see either Miami or LSU open up to -2' come game week.

Advertisement
Point of note: The bloviator above me has never once porsted a pick before a game here.

Ever.

Not close to true but actually much closer to accurate than typical for you.

I seem to remember posting not long ago that I took Alabama at 14/1 to win the national championship. How did that work out?I posted it on at least 4 or 5 forums. It was after they lost to Auburn but before the SEC Championship Game. All I needed was Wisconsin to lose to Ohio State as 6.5 point underdog, and suddenly I'm the favorite in every game. I also posted on Finheaven that I took Alabama -1.5 points against Clemson as soon as that line came out, since Alabama always dominates games in this era when the pointspread merely asks them to win the game.

If I don't post picks here it's for a simple reason: I don't respect the caliber of poster who typically responds to those threads. It is juvenile galore. Poptimus the new poster is a rare exception. We used to post frequent picks on Canesport.

Regardless, I'm thrilled you remain so scared of me. In fact, it was a darn shame that "worst poster" thread was locked tonight. I needed a great laugh. Anyone who would contemplate a thread like that or post in it is a trembling world class wimp. This board is full of posters who are petrified of anything that doesn't qualify as loud conventional wisdom.

Never porsted a pick on here before a game once in your whole life.

Get out of here with all this poser ********* Gary. Your schtick is transparent and you look fuggin ridiculous b

Advertisement
The Hurricane club has not released tickets yet. Nor has LSU. The stadium website is garbage seats or the most expensive. Wait for the schools to release tickets. But Better get your hotels now. Mine is booked. Waiting for Miami and LSU to sell to the students and fans.

That's not the way it works. The teams are considered on the same level. That's why you have sharp posters in this thread who estimated between LSU -2 and Miami -3.5.

Miami's power rating is not going to soar based on some indications or rumors from the spring game. Adjusters want to believe in some fanciful subjective world in which oddsmakers and sharps are making decisions on the fly and wildly changing their opinion. That's what the public does. The oddsmakers and sharps are exactly the opposite. They have a foundational point of view. If Miami somehow became a 5 point favorite based on N'Kosi Perry in the spring game, those sharps would say thank you very much I'll happily ignore it completely and take LSU +5 under big picture knowledge that the programs are not separated in ability level. They are making decisions based on 1000 or 10,000 similar examples, not anything specific to this game.

That's what the public often fails to grasp. The full time bettors don't care about your team one way or another. They are making decisions that logically will pay off if applied time after time. It is a grind, not an obsession. Fans are obsessed. Those betting groups didn't jump in on Miami heavily against Virginia Tech because they love the Canes personnel and the direction the program is headed. It was two basically equal programs with the road team favored. Those groups amended the line accordingly.

If you live in Las Vegas full time within the sports betting world, one aspect that is immediately striking is so little discussion about specific players. Nobody cares about players. When I appeared on the sports handicapping program on KDWN for years the other panel members and audience members would give me a funny look when I started mentioning certain players. It was like...what does that have to do with anything? They want to know about some situational or statistical angle that allows a hidden edge to one side or another. It is a 100% different world than the sports media presents. Those angles are never mentioned at all by the media.

Notice in this link that I have posted many times, there is not one peep about a player on either team. This is how the line is set. They do not talk about players or matchups or anything related:

The Making of the Line - Vegas Seven

Even if N'Kosi Perry becomes an awesome player, he doesn't have benefit of a doubt at this stage, and would not have that benefit of a doubt even if he shines in the spring game. Later in his career if he were a well known dominant player and suddenly became injured, now that could impact the spread on Canes games. There can be a quick adjustment for certain pivotal players, especially at quarterback. The adjustment is downward, not upward.

Otherwise the line is only adjusted radically upon a rash of injuries or absences. We're still far away from game day but the only logical method for the Canes to become a substantial favorite over LSU is for the Tigers to lose a high number of significant players, for whatever reason...injuries, suspension, etc.
Ah man shut up

Gambling is not an addiction. Heavy gamblers lack common sense and average intelligence. You cannot become addicted to gambling.

Hmmmm, the DSM-5 classifies compulsive gambling as an addiction disorder. It has more similarities to substance abuse addiction than it has with other compulsive disorders.

I made a living for several years playing poker. Your statement that "heavy gamblers lack common sense and average intelligence", is patently false. Many of the players I have known and played with were both heavy gamblers as well as extremely intelligent and possessed with an abundance of common sense. And the better players are very well compensated for their intelligence, skill, and common sense.

On the radio today they were talking about LSU team and recruiting. They only have 4 DBs on the team and 1 of them will most likely be ineligible to play. It should be a field day with the passing game.

Advertisement
Back