2022 Miami’s blue chip ratio (so far)…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The ratio is outstanding. However we signed 10 blue chip players. It was a smaller class. In terms of sheer numbers of blue chip players, it was closer to what Manny and Richt had been bringing in.

What Mario can hopefully do is have the same ratio with a class that is closer to 25 players.
Why would he not be able to do that in 10-12 months time when he did it in two months by himself as the lone ranger? lol
It's just 8 more 4 star guys

The best thing about Mario coming here, you can really say the whole thing wasn't rotten and the roster isn't barren. Great QB as well. Means shorter build time. The previous 2 class were very good, not elite but very good. Meaning if players really improve we could be back among the elite in 2 cycles or less with portal help.

Advertisement
The ratio is outstanding. However we signed 10 blue chip players. It was a smaller class. In terms of sheer numbers of blue chip players, it was closer to what Manny and Richt had been bringing in.

What Mario can hopefully do is have the same ratio with a class that is closer to 25 players.
Its not the same ratio. Unless you don't know what ratio means. If Mario had a 25 player class, 17 or more of them would be blue chip, maybe close to 20. Richt and Diaz had 50% sometimes less. Meaning half of the class were project type players. U can get away with project players. Maybe a late bloomer, a player switching sports or a player learning the game. U cant get by with 12-15 of them in one class.

The best thing about Mario coming here, you can really say the whole thing wasn't rotten and the roster isn't barren. Great QB as well. Means shorter build time. The previous 2 class were very good, not elite but very good. Meaning if players really improve we could be back among the elite in 2 cycles or less with portal help.
spot on! He inherits the 2nd or 3rd most talented roster in the ACC with an All-American type QB. He can win NOW and get the ball rolling in a hurry. If he wins 10 games this year and an ACC Title Game appearance, honestly watch out.

spot on! He inherits the 2nd or 3rd most talented roster in the ACC with an All-American type QB. He can win NOW and get the ball rolling in a hurry. If he wins 10 games this year and an ACC Title Game appearance, honestly watch out.
Exactamundo and that is my full expectation. Although we "could" go undefeated in the regular season with this talent and the coaches MC's brought in, but I think a realistic goal is win the coastal and win 10 games even if it takes the bowl game to get to that 10th win.

When you look at the schedule, we will only be underdogs in 2 games (TA&M & CU) and unlike the BAMA game last year, we actually have a shot at both games this year. Still, I can accept those two losses and would wince at one more surprise loss like UNC or PITT. There's something magical that happens when we get to double digit wins and Mario knows that.

If Mario gets to 10 wins by hook or by crook, then we will probably win the Coastal for the next 4-5 years and most likely nab the ACC at least twice in 5 years. Look, I know Clemson is down, but let's not fool ourselves - Dabo is not a corch. He's made some missteps in the last few years, but he's a **** of a recruiter and will keep Clemson winning at least 9+ games a year perennially.

Anyway, the future looks bright!

Advertisement
Its not the same ratio. Unless you don't know what ratio means. If Mario had a 25 player class, 17 or more of them would be blue chip, maybe close to 20. Richt and Diaz had 50% sometimes less. Meaning half of the class were project type players. U can get away with project players. Maybe a late bloomer, a player switching sports or a player learning the game. U cant get by with 12-15 of them in one class.
This assumes the ratio remains the same regardless of quantity. The larger the class, the more difficult it would be, theoretically, to maintain that same ratio. Especially considering blue chip players are not overly abundant.

In other words, it’s easier to go 5/7 on blue chips than 10/14. And so on. If Mario can maintain a 71% blue chip ratio throughout a full class, we’re really cooking.

I think it's fair to say that 12 months from today, our Blue chip ratio will easily be top 2 in the ACC and I wouldn't doubt that we pass Clemson in a year.

Advertisement
Back