2022 Miami’s blue chip ratio (so far)…

Advertisement
I'd put money down on Miami vs. Clemson on the 2023 BCR.
Agreed. Dabo's not going anywhere and he's a **** of a croiter, HOWEVER, the combo of Mario and the straight assassins he's assembled, WILL have us in the top 5 of the entire country in BCR and probably top 3 in 4 years.

This assumes the ratio remains the same regardless of quantity. The larger the class, the more difficult it would be, theoretically, to maintain that same ratio. Especially considering blue chip players are not overly abundant.

In other words, it’s easier to go 5/7 on blue chips than 10/14. And so on. If Mario can maintain a 71% blue chip ratio throughout a full class, we’re really cooking.
Its not easy. If all those players were from SO FL and leaning Miami you could say that. Skinner, Moss, Kelly, Citizen. None of them were coming to Miami. Then you have high caliber and high potential players like Moten and McCoy. And then there were players who we got into the conversation with just because of his recruiting in short amount of time...coast to coast. So no its not the same. Diaz and them got players where we had to be monumental fvck ups to lose and some we did.

Advertisement
Cristobal is not coming in and say oh lets just beat the ACC and do like OU was doing with the Big 12. He is like UGA and Bama...lets aim for them. Forget FSU and UF...and even Clemson. Take on them man. We ain't looking just to win a few ACC titles and rest on that. Get the best, everything. Best AD, best assistants, best recruits, best facilities. Aim for the sky.

Its not the same ratio. Unless you don't know what ratio means. If Mario had a 25 player class, 17 or more of them would be blue chip, maybe close to 20. Richt and Diaz had 50% sometimes less. Meaning half of the class were project type players. U can get away with project players. Maybe a late bloomer, a player switching sports or a player learning the game. U cant get by with 12-15 of them in one class.
That’s not what I am saying.

Manny and Richt signed between 10-14 blue chip players from 2017-2021, per class. The blue chip ratio fluctuated, but was not as high as the 2022 class. So for a small class size, this was a big success as a BAU ratio would have left us with less than 10 blue chips this year.

What I saying is this:
1) We won’t stack blue chip talent if the next three classes are this small with the same ratio. That’s obvious, so let’s go to the next point
2) If we can have the same 2022 ratio with a 2023 class that is larger overall, we’re clearly bringing in more blue chippers. And if we do that in 2024 and 2025 we are going to seriously increase our overall talent level.

As stated, the Blue chip ratio can be deceiving with a small class.

What we need are more sheer numbers of 4 and 5 star talent.

There are currently 14 teams that have more 5 stars on the roster than we do and if you look at just 4 star talent there are 12 teams that have more than we do.

Bottom line, we are at #13 in overall talent but have a ways to go to catch Bama, GA and OSU.

69%. They signed a great class. It was just really big (29) and they had 20 blue chippers and nine 3-stars.

20 4 and 5 stars is insane. That's what I'm hoping Mario brings in 2023. With the three stars being physical freaks like Njoku and Rousseau who just haven't grown into their bodies to find a natural position yet.

Advertisement
Why would he not be able to do that in 10-12 months time when he did it in two months by himself as the lone ranger? lol
It's just 8 more 4 star guys
He should be able to. I’ll truly believe it though when I see it. It’s been a LONG time since we have had a Top 5 class.

Exactamundo and that is my full expectation. Although we "could" go undefeated in the regular season with this talent and the coaches MC's brought in, but I think a realistic goal is win the coastal and win 10 games even if it takes the bowl game to get to that 10th win.

When you look at the schedule, we will only be underdogs in 2 games (TA&M & CU) and unlike the BAMA game last year, we actually have a shot at both games this year. Still, I can accept those two losses and would wince at one more surprise loss like UNC or PITT. There's something magical that happens when we get to double digit wins and Mario knows that.

If Mario gets to 10 wins by hook or by crook, then we will probably win the Coastal for the next 4-5 years and most likely nab the ACC at least twice in 5 years. Look, I know Clemson is down, but let's not fool ourselves - Dabo is not a corch. He's made some missteps in the last few years, but he's a **** of a recruiter and will keep Clemson winning at least 9+ games a year perennially.

Anyway, the future looks bright!
I think everyone is super excited and rightfully so, but before we even discuss going undefeated, etc. etc. our #1 goal should be winning the f**king Coastal first and foremost. This season needs to starts our control over the Coastal division moving forward and "most" years, if we are winning the Coastal and playing for an ACC Title, the result will be being in contention for a Playoff berth. Mario should have 1 goal next year and that is win the coastal. 10 wins or more would be a cherry on top, but if it's 9 wins and a Coastal Title, I will be pleased.

Advertisement
20 4 and 5 stars is insane. That's what I'm hoping Mario brings in 2023. With the three stars being physical freaks like Njoku and Rousseau who just haven't grown into their bodies to find a natural position yet.

That's essentially 25 percent of their roster. It's pretty crazy.

Advertisement
That stat is for their 2022 class, not roster fyi.

TAMU's class was 90% blue chip.

I know, that's just a **** load if blue chip prospects. A&M had the highest class ranking ever in total points. No idea who has the highest player average all time though.

As stated, the Blue chip ratio can be deceiving with a small class.

What we need are more sheer numbers of 4 and 5 star talent.

There are currently 14 teams that have more 5 stars on the roster than we do and if you look at just 4 star talent there are 12 teams that have more than we do.

Bottom line, we are at #13 in overall talent but have a ways to go to catch Bama, GA and OSU.
100%
the % is not an accurate gauge
would you prefer 10 blue chips, or 15 in a class...

do you have that top 15 of 5 star recruit list, that would be awesome to post
not only in terms of who is ahead of us, but how far behind we still are...
4 star as well

Advertisement
Back