Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Is he coaching anywhere currently? I know he's been mentioned for us earlier in the cycle, this seemed interesting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hedgemaster Gaby’s New update on TE Coach:

“ I don't think it's definite but have heard some buzz on Monday that Stephen Field could keep the tight ends position at Miami. They may continue to sort through options but I'm of the understanding that Field could be the guy or is in a very good spot to be the guy. Things have changed quickly in recent weeks so not saying this is a sure thing. It seems to be trending this way though.”

Is he coaching anywhere currently? I know he's been mentioned for us earlier in the cycle, this seemed interesting

The legend, Tim Brewster!

1645484880537.png

Advertisement

“ I don't think it's definite but have heard some buzz on Monday that Stephen Field could keep the tight ends position at Miami. They may continue to sort through options but I'm of the understanding that Field could be the guy or is in a very good spot to be the guy. Things have changed quickly in recent weeks so not saying this is a sure thing. It seems to be trending this way though.”

That's a lot of words for "I don't know ****."

So let's assume Low is correct and Strong is the Co DC. Has anyone ever seen a team with only one Co coordinator on one side of the ball? I don't recall ever seeing that before. Why was Ponce named passing game coordinator instead of Co OC?

Advertisement
So let's assume Low is correct and Strong is the Co DC. Has anyone ever seen a team with only one Co coordinator on one side of the ball? I don't recall ever seeing that before. Why was Ponce named passing game coordinator instead of Co OC?
I wouldn’t read too much into it. Probably just a way to justify a salary (not that Mario has to) or define a coaches responsibilities.

Last edited:
Nobody should get hung up on titles ... generally only a means of enhancing a position to justify a higher salary. Passing Game Coordinator usually pertains to a very specific set of responsibilities ... involving the QB and WR's ... same title Joe Brady had at LSU in 2019. Tasked with a special focus on creative passing plays for use in critical situations.

WHAT'S LEFT to finish the staff? Strong coaching LB's, Field remaining on staff to coach TE's, so that leaves us with ONE more slot to fill, a DE coach.
Are there any candidates that "insiders" are aware of? Are there any "insiders" left after Mario put his program on information lockdown? There was mention a week ago that Garner (from Tn) could be a candidate ... any smoke to that?

Advertisement

Gotta wait for Barrys post to see if this has been floating around since he heard it 2 weeks ago…

Advertisement
Back