Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

You can't deny his phenomenal production. And it wasn't one game. It became the norm. And this was with limited experience, a mediocre line, marginal coaching, RB1 and RB2 out, and a listless team. It's hard to resist projecting that he take another step forward, especially with how almost every other facet of the program around him will be much improved. His potential is sky high for 2022. The dude just has "it." I'm fired up.
Not trying to tell you not to be. Just give him his time to grow is all. Besides that I'm good.

Advertisement
You can't deny his phenomenal production. And it wasn't one game. It became the norm. And this was with limited experience, a mediocre line, marginal coaching, RB1 and RB2 out, and a listless team. It's hard to resist projecting that he take another step forward, especially with how almost every other facet of the program around him will be much improved. His potential is sky high for 2022. The dude just has "it." I'm fired up.
Spencer Rattler regressed with arguably the best QB coach in college. It happens but TVD gone be ****** ****** this year.

Advertisement
I said it last year but TVDs most impressive game to me was actually the FSU debacle

You could not have drawn up that game any worse for him. But he showed he’s got more than enough mental toughness
That's the baseball background. I like QBs who play baseball. You are used to failure in baseball and how to respond to it.

Advertisement
That’s a great point

It’s wild how a year ago TVD was an afterthought by the people attending practices

He gets in the game finally and looks overwhelmed

Then he settles down

And boom….
...and it wasn't just one game where he looked overwhelmed. He had that same look whenever he played during "mop up" duty. My expecations were low, and admittedly I thought Garcia was the better QB prior to the Central Connecticut State game.

I am still bullish on Garcia, but my oh my did TVD prove the doubters wrong. Everybody said Garcia has the "it' factor, but I want whatever TVD has 'cuz he can sling it.

...and it wasn't just one game where he looked overwhelmed. He had that same look whenever he played during "mop up" duty. My expecations were low, and admittedly I thought Garcia was the better QB prior to the Central Connecticut State game.

I am still bullish on Garcia, but my oh my did TVD prove the doubters wrong. Everybody said Garcia has the "it' factor, but I want whatever TVD has 'cuz he can sling it.
TVD has those traits you can't really teach that make him special: height/size, arm strength, and poise under pressure. It'll be interesting to see Garcia going forward though. The competition must be insane.

I think a lot of ppl are setting themselves up for disappointment with TVD. Some may think he regresses when in reality it's almost impossible to duplicate that success again

Kid is the GOODS however his run last year was legendary. Only him and Joe burrow put up those kind of numbers. Duplicating that elite level shouldn't necessary be the expectation for him or gattis.

I think he'll be a top 5 QB and lead us to some incredible seasons the next two years but the heater he was on... There's a reason why only two ppl have done that

Last edited:
I think a lot of ppl are setting themselves up for disappointment with TVD. I mean this as some may think he regresses when in reality it's almost impossible to duplicate that success again

Kid is the GOODS however his run last year was legendary. Only him and Joe burrow put up those kind of numbers. Duplicating that elite level shouldn't necessary be the expectation for him or gattis.

I think he'll be a top 5 QB and lead us to some incredible seasons the next two years but the heater he was on... There's a reason why only two ppl have done that
I agree we need to temper our expectations of TVD. He’s going to get plenty of hype this year. Already is. But a new offense is coming and it may take a bit for everything to gel.

Advertisement
And worse offensive coordinating.
We don't know that he is going to be worse. It is going to be different but not necessarily worse. Being able to run the ball might allow TVD to face defenses not solely set on stopping the pass.
I personally like more of an air it out offense - But I like winning even more than any style of Offense. Occasionally converting a 3 and 1 would go long way for us winning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back