Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
Shouldn’t fill the slot. Let the OC have some input here. Same goes for rest of the D staff. I don’t want another name unless it’s a coordinator and they need to be able to bring a staff member or two. And get it done for ***** sake.

Shouldn’t fill the slot. Let the OC have some input here. Same goes for rest of the D staff. I don’t want another name unless it’s a coordinator and they need to be able to bring a staff member or two. And get it done for ***** sake.
I think lake said that Mario was alllowing the coordinator to pick one spot of his choosing which wold have made sense had people not left.

Mario chose OL, WR, TE (supposedly field but LSU hasn't called yet joking sort of lol), RB, which would leave the OC to choose QB

on D, Mario chose DL, DB (T rob till he left), which would leave LB and DC.

I don't like it personally. id rather the OC and DC bring the guys that mesh with them vs forcing assistants they've never worked with unless its some elite elite guy in the position coach spot.

Advertisement
I understand why there is so much tension about these hires, especially after 2 hires were poached by other teams. We have had some bad mojo with coaches with Miami football teams. That is why there is so much angst.
I think the fact that its gone on 2 months and we have one non Oregon hire and 3 total on field guys not including Mario

Charlie Strong? Maybe he could lock down Texas and crowd out the SEC! </sarcasm>

I think lake said that Mario was alllowing the coordinator to pick one spot of his choosing which wold have made sense had people not left.

Mario chose OL, WR, TE (supposedly field but LSU hasn't called yet joking sort of lol), RB, which would leave the OC to choose QB

I don't like it personally. id rather the OC and DC bring the guys that mesh with them vs forcing assistants they've never worked with unless its some elite elite guy in the position coach spot.
I don’t care at this point if it’s a first time coordinator with a high ceiling. Just fkn name the coordinators already.

Advertisement

I dont think Any of the big time coaches let their coordinators hire the position coaches. The loyalty and buck stops with the head coach. If you cant work with a position coach you dont know then how can you lead a bunch of 18 yr olds

So, now that the NFL is down to two teams playing and most of the HC jobs are being filled, it appears that there are no other hold ups on hiring our staff. Come on now!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back