Metropolitan Private Schools

Having an Ivy League degree means absolutely nothing in this discussion. I can't figure out how someone with two different Ivy League degrees can't understand a simple concept.

Let me break it down for you. Plenty of Ivy League grads do not end up wealthy. In fact many of them end up as lawyers, professors, and doctors which immediately removes them from the discussion. So all of your buddies that ended up with jobs similar to that do not fit into the tier of people we are discussing.

We are not talking about children of ivy league grads here. We are talking about children of the "rich". You going to an Ivy league school does not mean you know more "rich" people. For example, John Mack knows A LOT more rich people than a surgeon from Columbia.

Understand now?

I don’t think you know much. Stick to football.

Btw - there are more billionaires in CA than NY. You must of been a math major at Barry.

Advertisement
Honestly the only people that care about Ivy League degrees are people with them.

I fired a Yale grads once because his work ethic sucked. And I went to Marshall.

And the people who want them. I’ve fired plenty of Ivy League grad cause that’s mostly the only people I hire.

And money isn’t everything. Right? Lmao

**** the fight, this Ivy League vs non Ivy League debate is heated lol. Who head is shoved further up their ***? Find out next time on dragon ball z

I don’t think you know much. Stick to football.

Btw - there are more billionaires in CA than NY. You must of been a math major at Barry.

I know you weren't an English major because you have some of the poorest reading comprehension skills I have come across on this site.

I said "NYC alone almost has as many billionaires as the entire state of California. " Do you know what almost means?

It is also must HAVE been not must of been. LMFAO. You are cracking me up over here. Why is a guy from NY who went to the Ivy League even a fan of Miami?

Now that you got demolished in our debate you are resorting to insults because you are upset that a Miami grad works among more Ivy League grads than you do.

I know you weren't an English major because you have some of the poorest reading comprehension skills I have come across on this site.

I said "NYC alone almost has as many billionaires as the entire state of California. " Do you know what almost means?

It is also must HAVE been not must of been. LMFAO. You are cracking me up over here. Why is a guy from NY who went to the Ivy League even a fan of Miami?

Now that you got demolished in our debate you are resorting to insults because you are upset that a Miami grad works among more Ivy League grads than you do.

Raised in Miami in the 80s, that's how I'm a Canes fan. It's so unusual for people in Miami to have NYC ties, right? Ivy League football is weak and I don't enjoy watching it. I'll watch Ivy League lacrosse...starts next month....two schools in the top 5 pre-season.

You are just one of those people who thinks he knows everything about everything, when in fact, you know very little. Often times, the less intelligent in society have a difficult time comprehending what they don't know. They simply lack the IQ to recognize the gaps in their knowledge.

1) You make all these claims about wealth in NYC vs the SF Bay Area. Yet, you are only from NYC. I've lived in both places and went to undergrad in NYC. So, unlike you, I actually can speak from personal experience (as opposed to you just running your mouth). I think it is common knowledge that the Bay Area and NYC are the two regions with the greatest amount of wealth in the country.

2) You say dumb **** like "upset that a Miami grad works among more Ivy League grads than you do." Exactly, how do you know where the people I work with went to college? It's impossible for you to know this. Again, speaks to your lack intelligence, that you are trying to debate this. Something tells me that when you say "works among" you really should say "works for." LOL.

3) I guess it depends on what you mean by "almost" but the state of CA has ~40% more billionaires than the state of NY. Is 40% what you mean by almost? Like I said, Miami will never crack the top 25 as long as their math, eng, cs, etc., education is trash. I'd love to negotiate a deal with you if you think 40% is trivial.

4) You imply that Barry has the same percentage of "rich" kids at SC, where "rich" (your definition) is $80m. How exactly would you know this? Again, just running your mouth saying dumb **** because you can't let it go. You just want to believe you know everything, but it is so painfully obvious you are IQ challenged.

Stick to football. Spend less time talking and more time listening and you might just learn something from the Ivy League grads you work for. :)

Advertisement
Raised in Miami in the 80s, that's how I'm a Canes fan. It's so unusual for people in Miami to have NYC ties, right? Ivy League football is weak and I don't enjoy watching it. I'll watch Ivy League lacrosse...starts next month....two schools in the top 5 pre-season.

You are just one of those people who thinks he knows everything about everything, when in fact, you know very little. Often times, the less intelligent in society have a difficult time comprehending what they don't know. They simply lack the IQ to recognize the gaps in their knowledge.

1) You make all these claims about wealth in NYC vs the SF Bay Area. Yet, you are only from NYC. I've lived in both places and went to undergrad in NYC. So, unlike you, I actually can speak from personal experience (as opposed to you just running your mouth). I think it is common knowledge that the Bay Area and NYC are the two regions with the greatest amount of wealth in the country.

2) You say dumb **** like "upset that a Miami grad works among more Ivy League grads than you do." Exactly, how do you know where the people I work with went to college? It's impossible for you to know this. Again, speaks to your lack intelligence. Something tells me that when you say "works among" you really should say "work for." LOL.

3) I guess it depends on what you mean by "almost" but the state of CA has ~40% more billionaires than the state of NY. Is 40% what you mean by almost? Like I said, Miami will never crack the top 25 as long as their math, eng, cs, etc., education is trash. I'd love to negotiate a deal with you if you think 40% is trivial.

4) You imply that Barry has the same percentage of "rich" kids at SC, where "rich" (your definition) is $80m. How exactly would you know this? Again, just running your mouth saying dumb **** because you can't let it go. You just want to believe you know everything, but it is so painfully obvious you are IQ challenged.

Stick to football. Spend less time talking and more time listening and you might just learn something from the Ivy League grads you work for. :)

1. have lived and worked in NYC my entire life. I think I know more about it than the 4 years you spent in Morningside Heights.

2. You would be wrong with that assumption. I have Ivy Leagues grads working for me and I have Ivy league guys at the same level as me. Yes some of the partners are from the Ivy league(however some aren't). It is pretty easy to make that assumption because I work in PE in NYC. There is literally no job in California that would put you in contact with more Ivy League grads. That is a simple fact.

3. NYC alone has 103 billionaires which is 30 more than San Fran. This doesn't count the billionaires living in Bergen, Westchester, and Long Island. I never said the difference is trivial however. CA having about 35 more Billionaires than NYC does count as "almost" if you simply looked up the definition of almost.

I, unlike yourself, don't care about how Miami ranks. This is because I already have my job and my degree will have no bearing on future job I apply for. Miami could fall out of the top 250 and it wouldn't hurt my chances in the slightest. You seem to still be living in the past and want to bring up your degree at every chance you get. I let my job speak for me.

4. No, I never implied that. Again, practice your reading comprehension. I simply said Barry has plenty of rich kids. Which they do.

Your problem is you work around a bunch of nitwits in California that are impressed with your Ivy League degree. In my field all that matters is your net worth and who you know. What school you went to means nothing after you get your first job. Maybe you should have got a better job straight out of college so you could brag about your current job instead of what school you went to 10 years ago.

New York and Massachusetts are second and third after Florida as a source of Miami students and both have large concentrations of graduates. My son and his friend went to Miami because of its quality and its financial aid. Interestingly, the new hot school here in Mass is Clemson, has been for a number of years.

1. have lived and worked in NYC my entire life. I think I know more about it than the 4 years you spent in Morningside Heights.

2. You would be wrong with that assumption. I have Ivy Leagues grads working for me and I have Ivy league guys at the same level as me. Yes some of the partners are from the Ivy league(however some aren't). It is pretty easy to make that assumption because I work in PE in NYC. There is literally no job in California that would put you in contact with more Ivy League grads. That is a simple fact.

3. NYC alone has 103 billionaires which is 30 more than San Fran. This doesn't count the billionaires living in Bergen, Westchester, and Long Island. I never said the difference is trivial however. CA having about 35 more Billionaires than NYC does count as "almost" if you simply looked up the definition of almost.

I, unlike yourself, don't care about how Miami ranks. This is because I already have my job and my degree will have no bearing on future job I apply for. Miami could fall out of the top 250 and it wouldn't hurt my chances in the slightest. You seem to still be living in the past and want to bring up your degree at every chance you get. I let my job speak for me.

4. No, I never implied that. Again, practice your reading comprehension. I simply said Barry has plenty of rich kids. Which they do.

Your problem is you work around a bunch of nitwits in California that are impressed with your Ivy League degree. In my field all that matters is your net worth and who you know. What school you went to means nothing after you get your first job. Maybe you should have got a better job straight out of college so you could brag about your current job instead of what school you went to 10 years ago.

Work in PE, eh? Backoffice.

Advertisement
Nope. Front office for one of the most prestigious in NYC. That is why I assume I work with more Ivy League grads than you do.

Well, I'm in a few PE funds based out of NYC. So please spend less time debating on CiS and get back to work.

Just so you know, most elite tech firms and VC firms almost exclusively hire out of (or fund) the Ivy League or Stanford.

Well, I'm in a few PE funds based out of NYC. So please spend less time debating on CiS and get back to work.

Just so you know, most elite tech firms and VC firms almost exclusively hire out of (or fund) the Ivy League or Stanford.

Haha will do man.

Believe me. I know. I have been saying this the entire thread. My entire office is filled with guys from those schools. We also have some foreigners from schools like Oxford and Cambridge, but for the most part they are all Ivy or Stanford alumni. That is why I said I was knowledgeable about the subject of schools and also said people that work those jobs generally try to send their kids to the Ivys or Stanford. I know I will try and send my son to one of them.

However, if I owned a large company and my son was going to take it over after I retired. Then I would send him to UM and allow him to have fun on south beach for 4 years until he started working.

Haha will do man.

Believe me. I know. I have been saying this the entire thread. My entire office is filled with guys from those schools. We also have some foreigners from schools like Oxford and Cambridge, but for the most part they are all Ivy or Stanford alumni. That is why I said I was knowledgeable about the subject of schools and also said people that work those jobs generally try to send their kids to the Ivys or Stanford. I know I will try and send my son to one of them.

However, if I owned a large company and my son was going to take it over after I retired. Then I would send him to UM and allow him to have fun on south beach for 4 years until he started working.

VCs out here are mostly MBAs from Stanford or HBS. You don't even see many Wharton (where I went) grads in VC, but plenty of them on Wall Street. Although Google hires more MBAs from Wharton than any other place. Sorry for bragging like a prick...that's the Miami in me. ;-)

VCs out here are mostly MBAs from Stanford or HBS. You don't even see many Wharton (where I went) grads in VC, but plenty of them on Wall Street. Although Google hires more MBAs from Wharton than any other place. Sorry for bragging like a prick...that's the Miami in me. ;-)

That is what I have heard since Stanford is in California. LOL no problem. It was an interesting discussion.

Advertisement
Stanford would’ve kicked our *** in football over the last 15 years
And basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf, tennis, swimming, gymnastics (we don't have) and on and on....BTW, SC would have as well in all of the above. It's simple math in the end (no ivy league ed required), they swim in MUCHO GRANDE lake compared to our U. They draw from what would be the WORLD's 6th largest economy if you were to isolate Cali.

Advertisement
Yes. You're telling me with a straight face that you'd prefer an identical home right next to USC over one right next to UM? Have you been to USC? Gables >>>>>> South Central

If you've been to USC, you'd know that the idea that its "in the hood" is incredibly overstated. Its not 1993, brother. A lot of those areas are gentrified.

Also, you speak as if Miami doesn't have some low income areas that surround it. When was the last time USC had a student-athlete gunned down miles from campus? Take off the orange and green glasses.

Advertisement
Back